There is no disk in the Drive, Please insert a disk into the drive error

ToonTastic

Are there any reasons why I might be getting this I'm hoping I don't have to format I really can't be bothered. It comes on when I run certian programs for example Seek and destory or some server programs on my machine. The programs don't need disks so it's not that. I think the problem is down to me drive letter since I built the machine Windows installed from scratch onto D and C was left doing nothing and nothing uses it so I don't know. Any ideas welcome.

Right Ive tried that like I said and I'm still getting the same error message. I also now have a nice Safely Remove hardware icon in the bottom right which keeps appearing no matter how many times I tell it, it can remove the hardware.

Fixed ! Right I decided to actually read the information available in device manager rather than just trying to fix the problem randomly. I noticed it was showing 2 hard drives one with the name USB. Little confused by this I had a look see what USB devices were installed in the back. Noticed by USB 4 port unit was the only thing plugged in (had a fan, my lexmark printer and a device to plug into a camera plugged into it). Pulled that device out and the problem was gone. It seems that my Lexmark printer with the USB ports on it was getting picked up as a removable hard drive and Windows had decided to name it as my C drive. That meant whenever anything was getting installed they were defaulting to my c drive and any search was trying to look through my C drive. So that problem has gone. Thanks for all the help, I do have another problem though but I'll put that in another post.