Official Site rubbing our noses in it

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Lee-Mus

Are they taking the p*ss.  We are struggling to put out a fit squad and they post about our opponents buying players, only the Toon can do this s**t to fans

• 2 weeks later...

bugger hell, calm down lads. i get the feeling people want to criticise everything going about the club, even the stories on the damn website! christ sake

Rossi is gone, I don't give two rancid ratshits to where or for how much or what he does while there.  Why in the name of everloving fuck our own website is reporting on it is beyond me. 

Guest Invicta_Toon

get over it you bunch of tarts FFS

You have how many posts in the Luque thread?

no idea. You wanna count them and get back to me? I'll wait if you want....

The official site isn't produced by anyone to do with the club. Premium TV produce all the content from their central office somewhere near Heathrow Airport. Just as they produce all the content for the websites of 12 other Premiership clubs, also for most lower-league clubs, and dozens of other sporting clients. The clubs' press/PR people feed Premium the stories they want out there, and the Premium hacks work them up into something that looks more like a news story than a press release.

What probably happens then is that much of the resulting content is shared between various sites, and arrives on our official site automatically. We get all the stories that are flagged "Newcastle", even if it's mostly about Villa (another Premium TV client) or Fulham (ditto) or whoever the fuck (more than likely ditto). I haven't bothered looking at any to compare, but I bet in the case of an upcoming match there'll be one general preview written specifically for each team -- our site gets one from a Toon point of view, they get one from theirs -- but also a bunch of other "related" stories regarding players and managers that get sent to both sites.