Tuncay

Guest teyco

According a turkish sport site (www.fanatik.com.tr) NUFC is almost finished taking over Tuncay from Fenerbahce. :lol:

Tuncay want's to finish this season at Fener due to it's 100 th anaversary.

After this season he want's to join Emre at NUFC bluebiggrin.gif

Think he will do fine at NUFC  :thup: Time will tell.

Guest andynufc84

pardon my ignorance cos I ain't heard of him, he's obviously a good player judging by what people are saying!

What posisiton does he play, how old is he etc?

pardon my ignorance cos I ain't heard of him, he's obviously a good player judging by what people are saying!

LW/ST

Left-wing? Didn't know he could play there...

He's an attacking midfielder-come striker, absolutely. Do Fenerbahce even play with wingers? If i remember correctly it was a 4-2-2-2 type formation that they played against us? Not doubting you, Scy - i mean i could be completely wrong... just wondering.

LW/ST

AM/F LC

FM FUCKING LEGEND

WOOHOOOO!!!1111!!111!!1oneeleven

LW/ST

Left-wing? Didn't know he could play there...

He's an attacking midfielder-come striker, absolutely. Do Fenerbahce even play with wingers? If i remember correctly it was a 4-2-2-2 type formation that they played against us? Not doubting you, Scy - i mean i could be completely wrong... just wondering.

Pretty sure he can play on the left wing, not an expert on him by no means, learnt what I know from the last time he was linked here  :winking:

why is it so unlikely we won't get him?

We already have one of turkeys best players (allegedly)??

Firstly, it's questionable whether or not we need him in all honesty - he can play upfront but he's a midfielder by trade. Secondly, he's unlikely to leave Fenerbahce - atleast that's what we have heard in the past, and even now from the topic starter. Thirdly - he's likely to cost a heck of a lot of money. And lastly, Roeder is supposedly after players with Premiership experience - something that Tuncay has none of.

Here is the source:

http://www.ekolay.net/fanatik/futbol/fb/Haber.asp?PID=291&HID=11&HaberID=430599

Some info about Tuncay:

Name: Tuncay 

Surname: Sanli

Birthdate: 16-01-1982

Birthplace: Sakarya,

Turkije

Nationality: Turkije

Player off: Fenerbahçe

2002/03  Fenerbahçe  29  9  Turkije

2003/04 Fenerbahçe 31 19 Turkije

2004/05 Fenerbahçe 8 7 Turkije

2005/06 Fenerbahçe 30 15 Turkije

2006/07 Fenerbahçe 17 3 Turkije

Totaal                             115 53

He is an offensive player that can play in the front center, left winger, or behind the forwards...

He's quite explosive player and has lot's of rushes...

I think he played NUFC in Uefa with Fener...don't know if you have seen the match, i did not...

Most of the time's i see him play i can say he's an good player....

Inter been scouting him for an long time, they made an offer 3/4 years a go when Tuncay scored 3 goals againts Italy U20 butt fener did refuse to sel him for less then 7,5 Milj then...

Would be a good signing, can see him partnering any of Owen, Martins or Ameobi effectively because of his attributes and his style of play.

Although if funds are limited at this point in time, I think a budget move for Tomasson would be alot wiser, as Tuncay certainly wont come cheap - sort the defence out, get Baines, etc.

Any chance you can briefly translate the bulk of the article for us, Teyco?

Original:

Tuncay Şanlı Newcastle’a!

Sezon sonunda Fenerbahçe ile sözleşmesi sona erecek olan yıldız futbolcunun, Emre Belözoğlu’nun takımıyla ön sözleşme imzaladığı ileri sürüldü.

Karşılık vermiyor

Başkan Aziz Yıldırım ve yöneticiler, sezon sonunda sözleşmesi sona erecek olan futbolcularla ocak ayında sözleşme yenilemeyi düşünürken, bu isimlerden biri olan Tuncay Şanlı ile ilgili ortaya atılan iddialar kafaları karıştırdı. Milli futbolcunun, İngiltere’nin Newcastle ekibiyle ön sözleşme yaptığı ileri sürüldü. Fenerbahçe camiasında dolaşan iddialara göre, yöneticilerin masaya oturma tekliflerine bir türlü karşılık vermeyen Tuncay’ın menaceri Erdinç Şehit’in bu tutumunun altında, İngilizlerle yapılan ön sözleşme yatıyor.

‘Hedeflerim var’

Özellikle bu sezon ortaya koyduğu performansla dikkatleri çeken Tuncay Şanlı’nın yakın çevresine, “100. yılda Fenerbahçe ile şampiyon olup, misyonumu tamamlamak istiyorum. Avrupa’ya gitmezsem, kendimi aşamam. Daha büyük hedeflerim var” dediği öğrenildi. Fenerbahçe Yönetimi, sezon sonunu beklemeden yıldız oyuncuyla sözleşme yenilemek istiyor. Bu nedenle Tuncay ve menaceri masaya davet edildi. Eğer Tuncay, sözleşme yenilemezse, sezon sonunda istediği kulübe bonservis ücreti ödemeden gidecek.

Translation ( sorry for the little mistakes)

Tuncay at Newcastle!!

It is said that the star player Tuncay whom contract ends at this season end has sign'd an pre-agreement with Emre's club Newcastle.

The President Aziz Yildirim and the other board members were planning to have an meeting with Tuncay and his manager and are confused by the rumors. The meeting that was planned has due to strange problems still not taken place and rumors within Fenerbahce are saying that the signing of an pre-agreement with NUFC is the problem that Tuncay and his manager still havent had a sit down with Aziz and the board.

"I Have future goals"

With this seasons good performance Tuncay has taken the attention off the board , it is said by people that are clos to Tuncay that he said he had future goals, he wants to win the championship with Fener at it's 100 anversary so i can complete my mission at Fener, then I have to go to europe to learn more and get better. Fenerbahce board does not want to wait till the end of the season to have a sit down but is planning to sit down soon. If Tuncay does not sign a new contract he will be able to leave the club at the end of the season without an transfer compensation.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you understand:)

If one of the huge European clubs was going to come in for him you get the feeling they'd have done it by now. He's 25 already and has been doing the business for a while.

Certainly with Emre here I think we'd have a good chance.

Edit: Having said that if he's going for free in summer we will have some competition in trying to get him.