Owen's future?

Guest andynufc84

Guest andynufc84

I think most people outside of newcastle forget we have one of englands (and maybe europes) best goalscorers best strikers out injured

My question though is what is the future for owen at NUFC?

Lets face it he wasn't our first choice, but he did make the move. Will he make his return and will we see 5 or 6 seasons of owen at the top of his game? Scoring goals and being the all round awesome footballer that we all know he is and become a true Newcastle legend.

Or will he just bugger off in the summer?

I'll be very surprised if he leaves for a few reasons. We would be very reluctant to sell after waiting so patiently for him to return, and clubs would be unwilling to risk much money on a guy who has effectively been out of the game for 18 months. I also think, as naive as it sounds in today's football, that he feels obliged to stay at least a season after costing the club so much money.

How long he stays after that depends on a number of factors, most importantly how good he is (after his injury) and how good Newcastle are.

We will see two seasons of 15+ goals and numours stoppages because of injuries. Then because of his age he will lose his pace and his career will decline, us relying on him too much.

We will see two seasons of 15+ goals and numours stoppages because of injuries. Then because of his age he will lose his pace and his career will decline, us relying on him too much.

Too optimistic I think. He will lose his pace immediately and fail to come back to 100% forever, pretty like what happened to Kewell.

I'll be very surprised if he leaves for a few reasons. We would be very reluctant to sell after waiting so patiently for him to return, and clubs would be unwilling to risk much money on a guy who has effectively been out of the game for 18 months. I also think, as naive as it sounds in today's football, that he feels obliged to stay at least a season after costing the club so much money.

How long he stays after that depends on a number of factors, most importantly how good he is (after his injury) and how good Newcastle are.

Aye. Ronaldo to Real Madrid after years of being crocked for Inter - all because of his World Cup form.

I think one of the big boys could take a gamble on him if he comes back firing on all cylinders and starts scoring bucketloads in the Premiership.

Guest Kenton Magpie

What a load of bull, Owen's knee now is as good as it was before he was carried off at the world cup, i expect him to come back just as good as he was  before he picked up his injury.

What a load of bull, Owen's knee now is as good as it was before he was carried off at the world cup, i expect him to come back just as good as he was  before he picked up his injury.

Kenton:

This will come as a shock, but Santa Claus isn't real... those were your parents getting you those gifts.

Apologies,

C.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Kenton:

This will come as a shock, but Santa Claus isn't real... those were your parents getting you those gifts.

Apologies,

C.

Bit early to bring up a easter related topics isnt it!?

Guest Zenith

Kenton:

Apologies,

C.

Pathetic that, at least debate it instead acting a clown.

Guest teepee

Too optimistic I think. He will lose his pace immediately and fail to come back to 100% forever, pretty like what happened to Kewell.

you seem to be forgetting that owen has always been in a different league than harry fuckin kewell

that aside - i think he will have lost a bit more pace - nevertheless, he'll still be a great player for us!

Guest the_serbian_mag

Kenton:

Apologies,

C.

Stop bitchin eh?

Why the fcuk you have to be so negative regarding Owen?!?!?

He showed many times that he has the quality and hunger for goal which will be even more obvious when he does come back.

And when he does come back, I guess everybody will be getting on his back if he doesn't score a hattrick in his first game right? I cannot believe you people!

With attitudes like that, it's no wonder so many players just want to leave!!! I get the feeling that many of you people WANT him to lose his pace and/or leave the club etc....

Kenton:

Apologies,

C.

Stop bitchin eh?

Why the fcuk you have to be so negative regarding Owen?!?!?

He showed many times that he has the quality and hunger for goal which will be even more obvious when he does come back.

And when he does come back, I guess everybody will be getting on his back if he doesn't score a hattrick in his first game right? I cannot believe you people!

With attitudes like that, it's no wonder so many players just want to leave!!! I get the feeling that many of you people WANT him to lose his pace and/or leave the club etc....

I was thinking the other day if he doesn't come back scoring goals straight away how many "OMG HE IZ SO FINISHED!!111!!" threads we are going to get!  bluesigh.gif

Guest Geordie_Paul

We have a player called Owen???

:lol:

Personally I believe when Owen is back and fully fit (if we don't rush him back) then, even if he isn't as good as he was before, he will still be banging in goals for us. He proved that in his very few appearances for us and I still think he will when he comes back!

Alreet, he got injured and since then he has been getting so much stick, i'd still give him a chance to prove he is a top player.

Guest Pugwash

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7771/compobr9.jpg

On his long awaited return from injury.

it is actually hard to believe in all honestly, really really weird. it will be amazing when hes back, there was nothin i enjoyed more when newcastle scored than seein that it was Owen that scored it!!

Guest andynufc84

best finisher in the premier bar none for me like

i just hope he stays fit and stays at the club obviously - its players like that who are the difference between midd table medioctraty

and the top 6

hopefully we can get the team he plays with right as well, plenty of quality from midfield and from the flanks, that may take a bit of work though..

Guest FlapjackJoe

I've actually only seem him in 1 or 2 NUFC games, so it still kinda feels unreal he's a NUFC player.

But for the sake of being an optimist*, I'll also think he's be back and to his immaculate best.  He's still young(-ish) anyway, 26 is it?

* Aidy Boothroyd's rubbing off on me.

(I said rubbing off on me, not rubbing me!)

Clinical and a very good football brain, even if he loses a lot of pace he will be better than a lot of players in the prem!

His work in the final 1/3 will be an asset we sorely lack right now.  I feel like we miss 1-3 sitters a match due to poor finishing. 

Owen can find open net in the trickiest of situations.  Get back soon Mickey.