Subbuteo

Yorkie

Got given a Subbuteo set by a couple of Italian students we had staying in our house just before the 82 World Cup - proper Italian version as well. The players were never that steady on their mounts like - went over dead easy and stayed down sort of rolling around on the ground. :|

Guest optimistic nit

The keepers were just shit weren't they? Nee use whatsoever!

Great game though!

nee use!? you just don't know how to use them.

Guest gimp suit

i used to have this. didnt really have any idea about the rules/how to play.

me and my bro used to just take turns.

for example, i'd start with my player, pass it to another player. then it's his go. he tries to tackle. etc.

Just found the blog of Vincent Coppenolle who is apprently the president of a table football association.... here is a photo of him:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/623/460465363sw8.jpg

bluelaugh.gif (on the left) ... loos like someone famous does he not, it's uncanny!

Just found the blog of Vincent Coppenolle who is apprently the president of a table football association.... here is a photo of him:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/623/460465363sw8.jpg

bluelaugh.gif (on the left) ... loos like someone famous does he not, it's uncanny!

Aye, that's the man Vincent. Top bloke. Singaporean player Erza Aripin by his side, i believe.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

me. Had loads of kit... until i got to about 12 years old, wondering why i had to beg to get people to play it with me. At that point I realised it was w***.

played until i was about 15,had the pitch on chipbaord with fence round,the works,had leagues with a couple of mates,i invented the long ball game that wimbledon took on!!!!!.

i have no particular desire to play the game again but i wish i'd kept all the teams i had(about 50.the more garish the better)