Player Transfer Procedure

Guest FlapjackJoe

Guest FlapjackJoe

OK, I fully expect 75% of you to say this is all rubbish (and I might even agree), but here is FlapjackJoe's proposed New! Improved! transfer rules.  A flight of fantasy, but who knows, maybe one day I will run UEFA.

• All teams should have a transfer cap (for their entire squad, not just for a specific transfer window.  So, if the cap is £50m and a club has £30m worth of players, their max is £20m)
  • They can sign players for a maximum of 3 years
  • After 3 years, all players go into a central pool (like the transfer list)
  • Teams should declare how much money they want to spend, and you this expenditure should be structured (maybe in multiples of £100k above £1m, and £10k above £100k, etc) - for example, Chelsea might have £30m to spend and might say they would like a player for £20m and one for £10m;  Watford might have £10m to spend and spend it all on a £10m player.
  • The highest bid would get preference.  For example, if the highest bid was a Chelsea bid of £20m, they can choose which player from the transfer pool they want to sign for £20m.
  • If there are equal bids, the lower placed team in the league would get first option.  Again using the above example, let's say Chelsea already picked their £20m player, and it then comes down to the £10m players, Watford would have first choice, ahead of Chelsea.
  • There will be no actual transfer fees, the figures mentioned would be a player's annual salary
  • Players can be swapped with another equally-rated player at any time, eg. NUFC can swap a £5m player with another £5m player from any other club if both clubs agree to it
  • Clubs can use an unlimited amount of players from their youth academy;  when they turn 18, the club would have first option to offer the player a 3-year deal (which will NOT be added to their transfer cap), else the player would go into the transfer pool

The major benefit of this is that lower-placed teams get first choice, so, over time, teams will become more equal.  You'll also have less player power, since they'll be stuck for 3 years at a club and won't be able to make demands.

Also, if there's a realistic overall cap, the top few teams would all have the opportunity to go for the same players, and we won't have one or 2 teams dominating.

Potential Flaw - This will only work if all of Europe - or the world - does it, really.  Else, we'll have 20 matched, but average teams in the Premiership, but they'll lag behind other leagues.

Players wishing to move to another league should submit their name to the transfer pool of the other country, to be considered in the transfer negoaiations.

Guest FlapjackJoe

For more evenly-matched teams.  I'm sick of 4 teams being in with any slight chance of winning any silverware.

For more evenly-matched teams.  I'm sick of 4 teams being in with any slight chance of winning any silverware.

So? Can you explain how it would be fair to the teams in question who have worked hard to create a long standing tradition of success? Just because others aren't good enough isn't a reason. Just sounds like a sore loser tbh.