Lassana Diarra

stozo

Link

But the only talk United and Chelsea have been involved in during the past few days is whether Jose Mourinho would let his French midfielder Lassana Diarra come to St James' on loan.

The 21-year-old Diarra, who is a former colleague of Charles N'Zogbia at Le Havre, cannot break into the Chelsea midfield because of the wealth of talent at Mourinho's disposal, and he could be allowed to move on this month.

:thup:

He would be a good permanent signing, but why would we even consider taking him on loan? Butt is doing well in his role for now, are we supposed to drop him to give a Chelsea player some first team experience?

Why are people moaning? Its only a loan deal and for those who are saying "Yea but we have Butt" what happens if he gets injured? If we were about to blow £5m on him then yea i'd be moaning aswell but we wont be spending money on him and i expect his wages wouldnt be to much.

Why are people moaning? Its only a loan deal and for those who are saying "Yea but we have Butt" what happens if he gets injured? If we were about to blow £5m on him then yea i'd be moaning aswell but we wont be spending money on him and i expect his wages wouldnt be to much.

I think it would be a better deal if we were spending £5m on him, then he could gradually takeover from Butt and we'd actually be gaining something long-term from giving him chances in the first team. I see no value in taking a young player on loan as cover, look what happened with Rossi.

Good player. Great talent. Massive future. Replacing Makelele.

He ain't going anywhere. Shame, though.

They keep saying he's gonna replace Makelele, but he very, very rarely plays so how are they so sure? Makelele is about 34, not going to be around for much longer.

They keep saying he's gonna replace Makelele, but he very, very rarely plays so how are they so sure? Makelele is about 34, not going to be around for much longer.

Essien will be Makelele's long term replacement IMO.

Link

But the only talk United and Chelsea have been involved in during the past few days is whether Jose Mourinho would let his French midfielder Lassana Diarra come to St James' on loan.

The 21-year-old Diarra, who is a former colleague of Charles N'Zogbia at Le Havre, cannot break into the Chelsea midfield because of the wealth of talent at Mourinho's disposal, and he could be allowed to move on this month.

:thup:

he is supposed to be class, watched a prograame the other day which featured N'Zog n Diarra's moves to England

You might be right. Bit of a waste of his box-to-box ability though I reckon.

But how much of a holding role can you really see him doing? they batter most teams they play so he'll be more suited to the role than Makelele as he can add something going forward too.

But how much of a holding role can you really see him doing? they batter most teams they play so he'll be more suited to the role than Makelele as he can add something going forward too.

Mebbies aye, but Makelele does that job so well that you hardly notice him and because he is so disciplined. Not necessarily disagreeing with you but I think that's probably what Mourinho is looking for in that position.

I think it would be a better deal if we were spending £5m on him, then he could gradually takeover from Butt and we'd actually be gaining something long-term from giving him chances in the first team. I see no value in taking a young player on loan as cover, look what happened with Rossi.

The problem is we have a small squad which has a lot of injuries and it seems as thou we have little money, We need a LB,CB and ST before we even concider a midfielder so a loan deal for the short term would be good. I dont care what happend to Rossi, We cant think all loan deals will be the same out come.

Yea in the ideal world we would have a young player learning his trade as a DM being prepared to take over from Butt but as it is we dont have that player nor do we currently have the funds to go out a acquire that player.

With not much money available we need to take advantage of loan deals because with such a small squad and us playing so many games im pretty certain that a few of our players will get fatigued towards the end of the season.

Mebbies aye, but Makelele does that job so well that you hardly notice him and because he is so disciplined. Not necessarily disagreeing with you but I think that's probably what Mourinho is looking for in that position.

I know what you're saying, I think a lot will depend on if they stick with this 4-4-2 formation they've been playing or revert back to 4-3-3 which was more successful for them, Keane and Vieira were both excellent box-to-box players in a 4-4-2 formation who were disciplined enough to play the holding role when their teams were under pressure, I see Essien in the same class as the pair of them.

If they do switch back to 4-3-3 though then an out and out defensive midfielder would be more successful in that role.

I know what you're saying, I think a lot will depend on if they stick with this 4-4-2 formation they've been playing or revert back to 4-3-3 which was more successful for them, Keane and Vieira were both excellent box-to-box players in a 4-4-2 formation who were disciplined enough to play the holding role when their teams were under pressure, I see Essien in the same class as the pair of them.

If they do switch back to 4-3-3 though then an out and out defensive midfielder would be more successful in that role.

Aye, good point especially if, as you say, they stick with the 4-4-2. We're agreed on how good a player he looks like he has the ability to be too.

Guest Bellers

buying another midfielder is the thing that will get me to quit supporting this club tbh.

Although it is not top of our priority list we could actually do with a defensive midfielder...