Football on TV or Football in the stands

Guest GHoeberX
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think in regards to Where this argument stems from its better to judge a player whilst actually being at the match in the stadium. Its better all round tbh. The only good thing about TV is that you don`t have to wait until you get home to see the goal or incident in any detail.

Guest GHoeberX

it actually has the psv logo at the top during games?

Yes. In the Netherlands one can have a Dutchleague-subscription with 18 channels; for every club one channel. With post-match interviews with every player etc.

close to there

got a smoggie mate of mine who works there for News Interactive

seems to be a fair few smoggies, geordies and even one or two mackams who, for some reason have been let out of sunderland, working around here.

In all honesty it's easier to see the match when you are there live at the ground because on telly you don't have the choice of what you look at. However, anyone who suggests that being a season ticket holder means you no more about football is stupid. I probably go to about half the home games and wouldn't say i pick up much more knowledge from watching it at the ground.

You don't think that you can see things at the match that won't be shown on telly?  Like off-the-ball movement?  Interesting.  It doesn't mean you know more about football, but you'll certainly get a better view of what went on at that particular game.  A better view of players body language, what they do when the ball is nowhere near them, whether they're interested, which players have found a lot of space for themselves, and which are stood next to their markers.  At the ground you can pick the long ball before it gets played because you see the whole pitch - you also see how the receiver of the long ball found themself in that space.

All stuff you can see at the match that you don't on telly.

Oh yeah i agree with all of that. Plus you can also see how well the defence organises themselves. I was just pointing out that because i've seen most the players play on a regular occasion i don't need to be a the match to know how the certain players are positioning themselves. Had i not been at the ground in the first place i suppose i wouldn't have this knowledge. I like the fact that you can learn these things about players at the match but i wouldn't say i had a greater knowledge from going to games. 

close to there

seems to be a fair few smoggies, geordies and even one or two mackams who, for some reason have been let out of sunderland, working around here.

LOADS of Geordies and people from the North East work in the London Media, mostly the creative side though

What about when the ball is in the midfield area, does it show movement from attackers?

Of course it does. I'm 100% sure of that, because I always watch Paddy's off-the-ball movement when the midfielders have the ball....

:lol: You mean he actually moves now?

close to there

LOADS of Geordies and people from the North East work in the London Media, mostly the creative side though

yeah, there's a fair few. i keep telling me mates down here that it's all part of the master plan to colonise the south-east and start off the geordie/ northumbrian world domination plan

also means that i can talk complete crap to the southerners and they just nod and smile pretending thay can understand me....means i can get away with murder.

close to there

yeah, there's a fair few. i keep telling me mates down here that it's all part of the master plan to colonise the south-east and start off the geordie/ northumbrian world domination plan

also means that i can talk complete crap to the southerners and they just nod and smile pretending thay can understand me....means i can get away with murder.

sounds like me, we usually get called the Geordie Mafia

so, what do you do?

Guest GHoeberX

The question was, where can you see the game best?  TV or Stadium?

I think you can see the game best from TV.  Closer to the action, replays etc.

Now, if you ask the question about where do you enjoy the game more.  Then the stadium wins hands down everytime.

Exactly. The experience is better in the stadium, but the better view one gets on TV.

Now, if you ask the question about where do you enjoy the game more.   Then the stadium wins hands down everytime.

Exactly. The experience is better in the stadium, but the better view one gets on TV.

Are you thick as fuck or something? I've already told you you are wrong and have proven it.

This is not about whether people who go to games can judge players better or not.

Its about your own judgement at the game or your own judgement sitting at home watching TV. When assessing an individuals performance, all things being equal (ie the same person does the observing) there is no substitute for watching the player at the ground. Now fuck off.

Now, if you ask the question about where do you enjoy the game more.   Then the stadium wins hands down everytime.

Are you thick as fuck or something? I've already told you you are wrong and have proven it.

This is not about whether people who go to games can judge players better or not.

Its about your own judgement at the game or your own judgement sitting at home watching TV. When assessing an individuals performance, all things being equal (ie the same person does the observing) there is no substitute for watching the player at the ground. Now fuck off.

:lol:  :thup:  :thup:

If watching on TV gives a full picture of a player's abilities, then why do scouts and managers go to watch a player live when thinking about a transfer? Do you suggest all transfers be done based solely on YouTube clips from now on?

Now, if you ask the question about where do you enjoy the game more.  Then the stadium wins hands down everytime.

Are you thick as F*** or something? I've already told you you are wrong and have proven it.

Its about your own judgement at the game or your own judgement sitting at home watching TV. When assessing an individuals performance, all things being equal (ie the same person does the observing) there is no substitute for watching the player at the ground. Now F*** off.

So your judgement is worst when you see in replay from 100 different angles that the ball didn't actually cross the line, or the defender didn't actually tackle the striker but the striker dived, or that was NOT an offside decision...

You can see all that again in slow motion with zoomed in multi angled camera while you are standing 1000 fucking kilometers in the stand right ???

That's why those fucking football experts have been crying out loud for video technology to be introduced to referees so as to make it easier FOR THEM TO JUDGE, ANALYSE AND MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS...

YOU FUCK OFF YOU IDIOT...

Are you thick as F*** or something? I've already told you you are wrong and have proven it.

Its about your own judgement at the game or your own judgement sitting at home watching TV. When assessing an individuals performance, all things being equal (ie the same person does the observing) there is no substitute for watching the player at the ground. Now F*** off.

:lol:   :thup:  :thup:

So your judgement is worst when you see in replay from 100 different angles that the ball didn't actually cross the line, or the defender didn't actually tackle the striker but the striker dived, or that was NOT an offside decision...

You can see all that again in slow motion with zoomed in multi angled camera while you are standing 1000 fucking kilometers in the stand right ???

That's why those fucking football experts have been crying out loud for video technology to be introduced to referees so as to make it easier FOR THEM TO JUDGE, ANALYSE AND MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If watching on TV gives a full picture of a player's abilities, then why do scouts and managers go to watch a player live when thinking about a transfer? Do you suggest all transfers be done based solely on YouTube clips from now on?

Can't beat going to the match man. I personally hate football on TV as most commentators are usually biased, gullable and the pundits full of shite. As I said I'd much rather be in St James' Park getting behind the lads.

Christ on a bike, are you fucking thick on purpose?

Guest Sniffer

I'd go for live football as well mainly because of the day out as much as anything.

But it also depends on the ground. I've never had a good view at chelsea for example and needed to see the TV after.

The other thing is our ground. Definitely looks better but the old ground in the 60-70's was much better for watching football. You were just about on the pitch so the players could actually hear you shout at them and you had a much better view of the entire game. The atmosphere was better than the sterile sh!te you sometimes get these days and I prefer smaller grounds for these reasons. Football was meant to be watched standing up.

Guest Gemmill

:lol:   :thup:  :thup:

Talking of zooms, I see the whole fucking point of what everyone has been saying has zoomed right over your thick fucking head.  bluebigrazz.gif  We're not talking about goal-line technology here ffs.  We're talking about getting a good overview of everything that is happening on the field.  About being able to turn your head and watch something that people at home can't see because the camera isn't showing them.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS MOST BASIC OF POINTS THIS TIME FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST?  bluebigrazz.gif

I love watching games at the ground. However at home I could never be stuck behind the goal, just because the view is crap and there is no atmosphere ot make up for it. For away games though the atmosphere makes up for the bad view.

I generally defer opinions to those who went because I agree you get a better perspective, but some of you really need to wind it in. 

It's farcical to suggest you gain that much more, if any, understanding of a players "off-the-ball" ability by being at the match.  Are you trying to tell me you go to games with the expressed intent of NOT looking at the action?  :lol: :lol:

Be honest, your attention 99.9999999% of the time is directed at the roughly 25 meter x 25 meter patch of pitch where the action is taking place and the 10 to 15 players involved in it.  When the ball gets hoofed out of our half is when you notice Martins not making the right run or being too close to the touchline, not any time before.  Funnily enough that's exactly what the TV viewer sees too. 

I generally defer opinions to those who went because I agree you get a better perspective, but some of you really need to wind it in. 

It's farcical to suggest you gain that much more, if any, understanding of a players "off-the-ball" ability by being at the match.  Are you trying to tell me you go to games with the expressed intent of NOT looking at the action?  :lol: :lol:

Be honest, your attention 99.9999999% of the time is directed at the roughly 25 meter x 25 meter patch of pitch where the action is taking place and the 10 to 15 players involved in it.   When the ball gets hoofed out of our half is when you notice Martins not making the right run or being too close to the touchline, not any time before.  Funnily enough that's exactly what the TV viewer sees too. 

blueno.gif

totally disagree, you see players not getting back, being lazy etc, you can form a better view of a player overall