Football on TV or Football in the stands

Guest GHoeberX
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The question was, where can you see the game best?  TV or Stadium?

I think you can see the game best from TV.  Closer to the action, replays etc.

Now, if you ask the question about where do you enjoy the game more.   Then the stadium wins hands down everytime.

Exactly. The experience is better in the stadium, but the better view one gets on TV.

Are you thick as F*** or something? I've already told you you are wrong and have proven it.

This is not about whether people who go to games can judge players better or not.

Its about your own judgement at the game or your own judgement sitting at home watching TV. When assessing an individuals performance, all things being equal (ie the same person does the observing) there is no substitute for watching the player at the ground. Now F*** off.

:lol:   :thup:  :thup:

So your judgement is worst when you see in replay from 100 different angles that the ball didn't actually cross the line, or the defender didn't actually tackle the striker but the striker dived, or that was NOT an offside decision...

You can see all that again in slow motion with zoomed in multi angled camera while you are standing 1000 fucking kilometers in the stand right ???

That's why those fucking football experts have been crying out loud for video technology to be introduced to referees so as to make it easier FOR THEM TO JUDGE, ANALYSE AND MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS...

YOU FUCK OFF YOU IDIOT...

Failing to even comprehend the difference between being able to judge a player's overall performance which has a lot to do with off the ball movement (more notably for attacking players) and whether a ball has crossed the line has placed you firmly in the 'thick twat tank' where you can float about with Kluivert's personal butt plug.

It was him i directed my comments at, not you.

I dont feel the need to re-iterate my general sentiments but am sure you can guess them.

I have to say, one of the first things I was attacked for on this forum was when I made the suggestion that a match going supporters was in a better position than an armchair supporter to make judgements on players.

Reading this even I'm wondering why I was given ZERO support. Bear in mind that this is going back awhile, I wasn't as unpopular then as I am now for being right most of the time......  :winking:

Guest Bellers

I have to say, one of the first things I was attacked for on this forum was when I made the suggestion that a match going supporters was in a better position than an armchair supporter to make judgements on players.

Reading this even I'm wondering why I was given ZERO support. Bear in mind that this is going back awhile, I wasn't as unpopular then as I am now for being right most of the time......  :winking:

Spot on. The match going supporter are watching the players week in week out for 95 minutes, of course they are in a better place to judge.

I think what got people's backs up was when certain folk suggested arm chair pundits have no right to comment on the players what so ever...

Well its a bit more tricky than that as Arsene Wenger watching TV would gleam more than the Luque lovers at the ground. My point is that i am a better judge of a player at the ground (in fact i say very little until i've seen them play in the flesh) than watching TV. This applies to everyone about the same, therefore in general it works as a rule.

You cant control for people having better judgement so it only works on the individual basis.

Who really go to a game and watch all the off the ball movement and that? I mean, you focus on certain things, and I know that I mostly focus on the ball-carrier. Of course you notice a few more runs per game, but many of these you would probably see on the tele as well.

And someone said how the back four is organising, I can't for my life say that I once payed any attention to this when at a football game (and I DO go to games, just not Newcastle games!)

Guest GHoeberX

If watching on TV gives a full picture of a player's abilities, then why do scouts and managers go to watch a player live when thinking about a transfer? Do you suggest all transfers be done based solely on YouTube clips from now on?

Are you really THAT stupid?

1) I didn't say YouTube

2) I didn't 'say internet

3) There are no live-full 90 minutes matches on YouTube

4) YouTube has no widescreen and does not havev any decent quality.

So FUCK OFF (just trying to fit in here a bit with all the cursing)

Guest GHoeberX

What a crybaby response really: "People are attacking me because I think Matchgoing supporters can better judge players and armchair supporters are untermenschen"

http://www.nerdata.com/images/collection/Tissues.jpg

Who really go to a game and watch all the off the ball movement and that? I mean, you focus on certain things, and I know that I mostly focus on the ball-carrier. Of course you notice a few more runs per game, but many of these you would probably see on the tele as well.

And someone said how the back four is organising, I can't for my life say that I once payed any attention to this when at a football game (and I DO go to games, just not Newcastle games!)

Against Man U i watched Martins like a hawk as i have seen Dyer, Emre, Milner etc who were supplying him, enough times to know what they are generally about to do.

I also spent a lot of time watching Hunty and Edgar, who was marshalling the defence up to what position on the pitch from goal kicks at both ends (Taylor). Other things i like to look at is where the holding player puts himself on the pitch when in possession.

Are you like one of the pigeons at wimbledon following the ball back and forwards across the net?

Guest GHoeberX

I love watching games at the ground. However at home I could never be stuck behind the goal, just because the view is crap and there is no atmosphere ot make up for it. For away games though the atmosphere makes up for the bad view.

Finally a honest reply, instead of all the seemingly elitism

Guest GHoeberX

Against Man U i watched Martins like a hawk as i have seen Dyer, Emre, Milner etc who were supplying him, enough times to know what they are generally about to do.

Again; on TV you can also watch Martins like a hawk!! I do it all the time when watching PSV matches.

If watching on TV gives a full picture of a player's abilities, then why do scouts and managers go to watch a player live when thinking about a transfer? Do you suggest all transfers be done based solely on YouTube clips from now on?

1) I didn't say YouTube

So FUCK OFF (just trying to fit in here a bit with all the cursing)

I see why you have a downer on You Tube. Paddy doesn't fit in the picture.

Your point is that we should base all transfer decisions on HDTV quality pictures only then?

Guest GHoeberX

1) I didn't say YouTube

So F*** OFF (just trying to fit in here a bit with all the cursing)

I see why you have a downer on You Tube. Paddy doesn't fit in the picture.

Nice try but it won't cover up your ridiculous "so you say we base all transfers on youtube?"-attempt.

Guest GHoeberX

Rather be in the stadium, but if not the pub is the second best place to watch a match.

Fine. I admit my poll question could have been better. I don't want to know what's the best place to WATCH football, but the best place to ANALYZE football. So I'm not talking about atmosphere etc.

Poll question altered. Votes Reset.

Rather be in the stadium, but if not the pub is the second best place to watch a match.

Fine. I admit my poll question could have been better. I don't want to know what's the best place to WATCH football, but the best place to ANALYZE football. So I'm not talking about atmosphere etc.

Best place to analyze is is probably about 20 seats up smack bang in the middle of the stadium above the dugouts.

Its why some assistant sit up there, Sam Alladyce used to do it all the time for the 1st 20mins, then come down and speak, or use his mobile to communicate to the bench.

That would be the best view in the house, and is probably equal to sitting in front of a 42" HDTV split with player cam, and ace commentary.

That's how you've got to compare each one, not sitting in a stand 500meters away to sitting in front of a TV.

Guest Bellers

In answer to your question Pievert on TV you get the pundit's views and opinions but generally the camera follows the ball and replays are frequently played. So I'd say at the match you probably get a better overall view of the play...

:lol: Reset the poll because you didn't like the result. Diddums.

:lol: Reset the poll because you didn't like the result. Diddums.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest GHoeberX

I edited in a further response:

Your point is that we should base all transfer decisions on HDTV quality pictures only then?

NO, that's not my point. There is one advantage for scouting a single player from the stadium and that is (as said before), that you can follow him like a hawk. BUT you'd always need the tapes as well to watch things again. To Pause, to rewind, replay etc.

But for scouting opponent teams I DO think that you can scout them without ever going to their match physically. You just need the tapes to get 99% of all vital data. If you go to a stadium instead of the tape, you'll have maybe 30% of all data. If you do it together, you might end up with 99,5%

Again; on TV you can also watch Martins like a hawk!! I do it all the time when watching PSV matches.

I am going to keep going with you. Martins doesnt play for PSV. He plays for Newcastle. I have seen every single possible game on TV and 3 at home and 3 away this season. You CAN NOT watch Martins like a hawk on these channels. On sky he may get 15 mins of player cam but even that is not as good as being at the game. This is evidenced by people on here complaining about his movement at the start of the season which only came fully home when i saw him live.

You're just gutted because its clear to everyone what a fucking knob you are.