Football on TV or Football in the stands

Guest GHoeberX
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest GHoeberX

Who really go to a game and watch all the off the ball movement and that? I mean, you focus on certain things, and I know that I mostly focus on the ball-carrier. Of course you notice a few more runs per game, but many of these you would probably see on the tele as well.

And someone said how the back four is organising, I can't for my life say that I once payed any attention to this when at a football game (and I DO go to games, just not Newcastle games!)

Against Man U i watched Martins like a hawk as i have seen Dyer, Emre, Milner etc who were supplying him, enough times to know what they are generally about to do.

Again; on TV you can also watch Martins like a hawk!! I do it all the time when watching PSV matches.

I am going to keep going with you. Martins doesnt play for PSV. He plays for Newcastle. I have seen every single possible game on TV and 3 at home and 3 away this season. You CAN NOT watch Martins like a hawk on these channels. On sky he may get 15 mins of player cam but even that is not as good as being at the game. This is evidenced by people on here complaining about his movement at the start of the season which only came fully home when i saw him live.

You're just gutted because its clear to everyone what a f***ing knob you are.

On TV you can follow him like a hawk 60% of the time (during the important moments). In the stadium you can follow him like a hawk 100% of the time, but the problem is that most of the time he doesn't do shit just like any other striker doesn't do shit either, when he has the task to be the most forward striker.

F***ING KNOBHEAD (just to end in your style)

I edited in a further response:

Your point is that we should base all transfer decisions on HDTV quality pictures only then?

NO, that's not my point. There is one advantage for scouting a single player from the stadium and that is (as said before), that you can follow him like a hawk. BUT you'd always need the tapes as well to watch things again. To Pause, to rewind, replay etc.

But for scouting opponent teams I DO think that you can scout them without ever going to their match physically. You just need the tapes to get 99% of all vital data. If you go to a stadium instead of the tape, you'll have maybe 30% of all data. If you do it together, you might end up with 99,5%

haha, you would buy a player without actually going to watch him, says it all really

Guest GHoeberX

Your point is that we should base all transfer decisions on HDTV quality pictures only then?

NO, that's not my point. There is one advantage for scouting a single player from the stadium and that is (as said before), that you can follow him like a hawk. BUT you'd always need the tapes as well to watch things again. To Pause, to rewind, replay etc.

But for scouting opponent teams I DO think that you can scout them without ever going to their match physically. You just need the tapes to get 99% of all vital data. If you go to a stadium instead of the tape, you'll have maybe 30% of all data. If you do it together, you might end up with 99,5%

haha, you would buy a player without actually going to watch him, says it all really

If you can read I'd suggest doing both. Watch one or two matches and analyze 25 matches on tape.

For opponent teams, I would NOT send any scouts to opponent teams.

SKY TV is good if you like seeing close ups of Managers faces or of 'characters' in the crowd while the game you have paid to watch goes on. They also annoy me by going to close up shots so you can't see the whole field of play. The player will make a pass and you'll have no idea who he's trying to pass to until they cut back to the wide shot. How many times is action missed because of replays that can wait until half time/full time? You also have to listen to morons (commentators) trotting out their biased views and the same old lines.

Guest woffy_27

you must be the chief scount of s*nderland

Why have you changed the poll options round?

Does it mean that much to you?

So those who voted in stadium are now voting on TV?

Jesus wept, that is sad as fuk tbh.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is one of the saddest, most pathetically childish things I have ever seen on the internet. Congratulations FP.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is one of the saddest, most pathetically childish things I have ever seen on the internet. Congratulations FP.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

blueyes.gif

blueyes.gif

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/29Dokko-spacka.jpg

Guest woffy_27

That is one of the saddest, most pathetically childish things I have ever seen on the internet. Congratulations FP.

ditto

What about when the ball is in the midfield area, does it show movement from attackers?

Of course it does. I'm 100% sure of that, because I always watch Paddy's off-the-ball movement when the midfielders have the ball....

Quite an easy thing to do, in fairness, because the fat bugger is probably just standing still... and you can't miss him.

GHoeberX is still the best WUM I've ever seen, this thread is legendary.

What about when the ball is in the midfield area, does it show movement from attackers?

Of course it does. I'm 100% sure of that, because I always watch Paddy's off-the-ball movement when the midfielders have the ball....

Quite an easy thing to do, in fairness, because the fat bugger is probably just standing still... and you can't miss him.

GHoeberX is still the best WUM I've ever seen, this thread is legendary.

Thing is, he's not on a wind-up. :lol:

Who really go to a game and watch all the off the ball movement and that? I mean, you focus on certain things, and I know that I mostly focus on the ball-carrier. Of course you notice a few more runs per game, but many of these you would probably see on the tele as well.

And someone said how the back four is organising, I can't for my life say that I once payed any attention to this when at a football game (and I DO go to games, just not Newcastle games!)

Against Man U i watched Martins like a hawk as i have seen Dyer, Emre, Milner etc who were supplying him, enough times to know what they are generally about to do.

I also spent a lot of time watching Hunty and Edgar, who was marshalling the defence up to what position on the pitch from goal kicks at both ends (Taylor). Other things i like to look at is where the holding player puts himself on the pitch when in possession.

Are you like one of the pigeons at wimbledon following the ball back and forwards across the net?

Of course you have that option when you go to games, but tbh, I don't think there are many who goes to games and just study one player like a hawk. You might be one of them, I'm not. Though the best way is to go to the game and then watch the replay of it when you come home :D

Guest Invicta_Toon

at the end of the day, if you didn't go to the game, come back, read the whole match thread and news reports, then watched the whole game on football first and the highlights on MOTD, then the football focus analysis on saturday, then your opinion doesn't count at all

at the end of the day, if you didn't go to the game, come back, read the whole match thread and news reports, then watched the whole game on football first and the highlights on MOTD, then the football focus analysis on saturday, then your opinion doesn't count at all

BBC Live Text tells you all you need to know tbh.

Guest TheDutchman

That is one of the saddest, most pathetically childish things I have ever seen on the internet. Congratulations FP.

Why aint I surprised. I think he isnt a real football fan. He supports the team where Kluivert is playing. And now changing the anwsers... :lol: