Looks like Ballack and Schev are costing Chelsea the title.

Parky

Guest Bellers

The title is still up for grabs, the mancs are playing the betterfootball but Chelsea have the depth.

Despite being jelous of Chelsea's money and overnight transformation I still want them to reclaim the title and if I'm being honest I'd rather they won the title for the next five years if it means the mancs don't win it.

The thing is although I don't mind Fergie I really cannot stand the mancs arrogance and the way they seem to think it's there devine right to win any trophy going...

Gallas leaving on the final day against Jose's wishes has been a big blow to them.

Remember when Cole signed Jose said he wasn't happy Gallas had gone the other way, and didn't know about it until the deal was done.

Then during the 'injury crisis' last month he said they were suffering because HE let Gallas go, so it was his fault for leaving the team short at the back.

Blatantly having a dig at the board, blaming himself for something but it was nothing to do with him.

The problem for me is Mourinho this season, he's just not focused and i think Kenyon or Roman have upset him, probably to do with the reasons Bellers mentioned about buying older stars above his head, but also the sale of Gallas which he didn't want to happen.

He's 90% there, but you can tell he's not 100% behind his team or the club.

To be honest I think Mourinho has got has hands tied with this one.

One Chelsea were at their peak they were playing the 4-3-3 formation to great effect. Makelele would hold which would give Lampard and his midfield partener a chance to bomb on into the box while the wingers essentialy acted as two extra strikers supporting the central forward. When they were attacked the wingers would fall back into the midfield and the defence would clean up.

To take this one step further Chelsea were probably at their best when they had Gudjohnsen in the lone striking position. He was capable of scoring goals but aswell as this he'd bring the wingers into play allowing them to score enough goals to finish the game.

Although we don't know if selling Gujohnsen was Mourihno's choice it would appear recently Kenyon's influence has grown larger. Everyone knows Mourinho has an eye for a young player with bags of talent. So all of a sudden why would his policy change?  Well we always hear Kenyon banging on about the commercial side of the game, it is apparent himself and Roman are set on having a team of superstars to fire Chelsea into the big bucks.

So when Shevchenko and Ballack suddeny arrive the team is shuffled round into a diamond formation. All of a sudden results change, the diamond is too defensive, Chelsea's attack isn't as ruthless as the team of old. The loss of Terry and Gallas then opens the back gate for teams to attack.

So if the general football fan is noticing this then Mourinho the manager he is, is surely noticing this. So why hasn't he attempted to change things? Well I think he probably has. Kenyon and Mourinho have never seen eye and with the backing of Roman I can see Kenyon telling Mourinho he is unable to drop the two big guns signed in the summer.

The thing is we all know Mourinho won't stand for this. Is this why the rumour of Mourinho quitting has suddenly resurfaced?

Nice post fella.

As you're probably aware there were plenty of rumours that Schev was an Abramovich buy and I can well imagine as you have illustrated that Kenyon had a hard on for Ballack. Tbf I think Chelsea are also missing Robben with these niggling injuries and dips in form. Robben is one that is actually very comfortable with the 433 as he likes to roam inside from either flank in the old Dutch style.

The diamond is too defensive, you can get away with it if you have a creative maestro who knows exactly when to cut out a man or up the tempo.

Schev for me is a little past his best and Drogba being on fire isn't helping as Schev like Ballack have had teams built around them in the past.

I think Schev will leave.

There is still time for Kalou who is very graceful on the ball, but just at the minute missing that killer touch.

Ballack is back in Deutschland and been interviewed in some of the papers. He say that Makalele and Drogba have been complaining about his performances directly to Mourinho. Ballack is also none too happy that the fans are getting on his back.

Err, where did Ballack give an interview in Germany? The only thing in Germany is the reprinting of the story in the Sunday Times that was writing about this clash between Ballack and Makelele and Drogba. The article in the Sunday Times is also where the Prozone-stats come from.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-2534753.html

Apart from that I do agree with those who say that Ballack just doesn't fit into Chelsea's system. Mind there are not too many Bayern fans who were sad to see him go...

It was in the Morgen Post a local Hamburg paper. Perhaps as you say a re-hash of the other story. My German isn't that good but it did come across like Ballack was having a proper whine.

There was another article a couple of weeks ago saying the English game wasn't good for him.

Guest Invicta_Toon

scheva is a bit of a mystery to me, although him doing f'all at the WC seemed to show his true class or lack of (as opposed to form or success as a team)

however, the way bollock went about his transfer, you could tell he's the sort of cunt who wouldn't improve anything about the already super ego that is chelski

It was in the Morgen Post a local Hamburg paper. Perhaps as you say a re-hash of the other story. My German isn't that good but it did come across like Ballack was having a proper whine.

There was another article a couple of weeks ago saying the English game wasn't good for him.

It's really just a re-hash. Though that only means that Ballack wasn't whinging to the Jorman press (yet). But I agree that Ballack has (so far) not really set the world alight at Chelsea, He is a player Chelsea simply did not really need, because they had the identical player in Lampard, a midfielder who is sneaking in the right positions to score loads of goals.

scheva is a bit of a mystery to me, although him doing f'all at the WC seemed to show his true class or lack of (as opposed to form or success as a team)

however, the way bollock went about his transfer, you could tell he's the sort of c*** who wouldn't improve anything about the already super ego that is chelski

I wonder who will come out on top in the ego stakes between Drogba and Ballack. Drogba is perhpas a little too street smart for him and just his experience in doing coffee commercials to fall back on. bluedead.gif

Excellent posts from Bellers and Legacy.  :thup:

And I whole heartedly agree with Bellers on the ManUre fans... f*cking tossers. I would love it if they never ever won anything ever again. Their problem with Chelsea is simply that they see the trophies as theirs and get irritated that someone has crashed the party so to speak. They don;t have nearly the same bother with Arse or Pool because they see them as part of the "club" its arrogant elitism.

On Chelsea slipping up...

I think the main issue is the loss of Gallas and Terry. Mourinho has less confidence in his defenders ability (without those two) and that lack of conifdence has bled into the team. Mourinho has said repeatedly that he doesn't believe in creativity in defence - he believes in drills and repetition. Defensively he sticks to a very regimented and disciplined almost Rehhegelian tactic - when the team concedes a goal they lose confidence in their creative abilities and get stuck in very predictable defensive possession. During our cup game against them, they were never going to score from open play. Our team somehow unnerved them and they decided to play for a draw/shootout or hope for a set piece winner (which they got).

Chelsea are even more boring this year than when they first started under Mourniho two years ago. He makes George Graham look like Kevin Keegan. I think that when the defence concedes (as they have done more this year than previous years) Mourinho makes them train more and more conservatively - he's a perfectionist after all.

This lack of attacking flair has all but killed Shevchenko and there is no way he is goign to prosper in Chelsea this year. It makes perfect sense that Drogba is the first choice striker at the moment. It would kill me to watch my team if they played as conservatively as they do with Ballack, Makelele, Robben and Shevchenko - these are creative and exciting players and somehow Mourinho has made them uninteresting and almost unwatchable.

Excellent posts from Bellers and Legacy.  :thup:

And I whole heartedly agree with Bellers on the ManUre fans... f*cking tossers. I would love it if they never ever won anything ever again. Their problem with Chelsea is simply that they see the trophies as theirs and get irritated that someone has crashed the party so to speak. They don;t have nearly the same bother with Arse or Pool because they see them as part of the "club" its arrogant elitism.

On Chelsea slipping up...

I think the main issue is the loss of Gallas and Terry. Mourinho has less confidence in his defenders ability (without those two) and that lack of conifdence has bled into the team. Mourinho has said repeatedly that he doesn't believe in creativity in defence - he believes in drills and repetition. Defensively he sticks to a very regimented and disciplined almost Rehhegelian tactic - when the team concedes a goal they lose confidence in their creative abilities and get stuck in very predictable defensive possession. During our cup game against them, they were never going to score from open play. Our team somehow unnerved them and they decided to play for a draw/shootout or hope for a set piece winner (which they got).

Chelsea are even more boring this year than when they first started under Mourniho two years ago. He makes George Graham look like Kevin Keegan. I think that when the defence concedes (as they have done more this year than previous years) Mourinho makes them train more and more conservatively - he's a perfectionist after all.

This lack of attacking flair has all but killed Shevchenko and there is no way he is goign to prosper in Chelsea this year. It makes perfect sense that Drogba is the first choice striker at the moment. It would kill me to watch my team if they played as conservatively as they do with Ballack, Makelele, Robben and Shevchenko - these are creative and exciting players and somehow Mourinho has made them uninteresting and almost unwatchable.

The other thing of course is the the other teams are getting wise to Mourinho's ways and play accordingly.

Guest Steven_MB

Ballack can be the best Midfielder that Chelsea have!!! especially in Europe, he is the best CM in the league, when he fully is suited to the Premiership we will see! Schevchanko was bough for Europe, and should be an automatic starter there, Mourinho is wrong to have '9 untouchables' considering his team, bad management to say that.

Kalou is shite, finishing ability that i would expect from a big buy of ours!

When Chelsea signed them two i thought they were going to be looking at this type of formation:

Cech

Boularouz     Cavalho   Terry     Cole

Essien

Lampard              Ballack

Cole                                          Robben

Shevchenko

Fair enough Mourinho has had injuries to key players but it was his choice to fiddle around with the formation which in my eyes is what has cost them. If Mourinho decided to revert back to his old system he could still win the title but that would be like saying he was wrong and hes too stubborn for that.

Do you seriously think he should drop Drogba?  He's been there best player this season and has saved them in games on many occasions.

When Chelsea signed them two i thought they were going to be looking at this type of formation:

Cech

Boularouz    Cavalho  Terry    Cole

Essien

Shevchenko

Fair enough Mourinho has had injuries to key players but it was his choice to fiddle around with the formation which in my eyes is what has cost them. If Mourinho decided to revert back to his old system he could still win the title but that would be like saying he was wrong and hes too stubborn for that.

Do you seriously think he should drop Drogba?  He's been there best player this season and has saved them in games on many occasions.

Right, who couldnt see that post coming a mile away? Who said he should drop Drogba now?? note this bit: "When Chelsea signed them two i thought they were going to be looking at this type of formation" So did I tbh back in the summer!

Cech

Boularouz     Cavalho   Terry     Cole

Essien

Shevchenko

And Boula isn't a right back at any stretch of the imagination.