reclaiming bank charges

lovejoy

just about to do this with my bank, apparently you can claim back the last 6 years worth of bank charges for bounced cheques, going over overdraft etc (my days as a student should see me £ in!).

im using the letter templates etc from the money expert.

has anyone else done this???

Guest Gemmill

Think someone on Toontastic did it, and I keep meaning to do it.  Might knock the letter together tonight actually - it's fairly straightforward, isn't it?

just about to do this with my bank, apparently you can claim back the last 6 years worth of bank charges for bounced cheques, going over overdraft etc (my days as a student should see me £ in!).

im using the letter templates etc from the money expert.

has anyone else done this???

no, heard it works though

Think someone on Toontastic did it, and I keep meaning to do it.  Might knock the letter together tonight actually - it's fairly straightforward, isn't it?

its a piece of piss mate.

type in 'reclaim bank charges' on google, the money expert site comes up and it does a step by step guide, with letter templates etc, its a case of print them off and post them, couldnt be easier!

I'll keep you updated with how I get on with Barclays if you want.

I sent the first letter (with a £10 cheque) 3 weeks ago or so.  I got a response just before christmas saying they didn't need the money and will send me a 6 year statement history for free soon.  I'm still waiting.

If it's less than a few hundred, which I expect it to be, I'll not be bothered taking it any further.  As far as I recall I've raised merry hell about every charge I received anyway and got the majority refunded at the time.

It's the credit cards I'm looking forward to hammering though. Plenty of late payments in the last 6 years.  Have to clear them first though  :oops:

I sent the first letter (with a £10 cheque) 3 weeks ago or so.  I got a response just before christmas saying they didn't need the money and will send me a 6 year statement history for free soon.  I'm still waiting.

If it's less than a few hundred, which I expect it to be, I'll not be bothered taking it any further.  As far as I recall I've raised merry hell about every charge I received anyway and got the majority refunded at the time.

It's the credit cards I'm looking forward to hammering though. Plenty of late payments in the last 6 years.  Have to clear them first though  :oops:

Do credit cards actually count?

Thought it was accounts only???

Do credit cards actually count?

Thought it was accounts only???

Credit Cards, Store Cards, catalogue companies.  Anywhere that's charged an excessive amount for a late fee/letter.