Newcastle World subscribers - Is it value for money?

stozo

It's a decent enough like, especially if you live outside newcastle (were they have blocked you from listening to any other station), saying that I haven't actually paid a dime for it, a mackem bought me it :p Still if you want match commentry then it's worth it. (use windows media player 11) 10 doesn't seem to work with it.

Worth it - especially if your outside of the UK.

1) You can listen to every game, which is something those of us outside the UK can't do with 5live (they block non-UK users).

2) Highlights of all the games, including goals -- again useful when St James is rather far away and the game in question isn't on TV.

you see alot of interviews with players after match, see summarys and or goals from games back to 2000 i belive.. radio ofcourse is nice.. 

good way to keep track of the games when no way of watching it is available..:=)

Its alright,  but I won't be subscribing again next season.  They've put more security then the army.  Only now works with Windows media player,  and Internet Explorer,  which is a big no-no for me.

Lucky it was as a one-off season price,  otherwise I'd have cancelled by now.  Thats probably why they done that offer actually - get everyone in for the season,  then add all the ridiculous copyright protection stuff in a month later.

Its good, but it stopped working for me about 3 months ago for no reason and i never get any response from the help option.

Bit stuck to be honest. But i had it for a couple of years before with no trouble, im not sure if its changed but i had access to every other club aswell so basically highlights and goals for the past 6 seasons for any club in the country. Not bad.

Its worth it to know that if all else fails you've got the radio stream. Depends where you are in the world. Digital broadcasters are only going to get better at ensuring that only those people with the right to hear or see a match will be able to.

The issue with macs is a fucker as they use Microsoft's DRM software. They apparently have no plans to change this either. Its not bad value for the first year but everytime i want to listen i have to crank up the windows pc. Not sure i would keep it if i wasnt abroad just to see the highlights etc.

Its worth it to know that if all else fails you've got the radio stream. Depends where you are in the world. Digital broadcasters are only going to get better at ensuring that only those people with the right to hear or see a match will be able to.

The issue with macs is a fucker as they use Microsoft's DRM software. They apparently have no plans to change this either. Its not bad value for the first year but everytime i want to listen i have to crank up the windows pc. Not sure i would keep it if i wasnt abroad just to see the highlights etc.

Or not.

Or not.

Had some probs?