Talksport

Stevie

What a bunch of wanks.  The biggest wank in the media is Adrian Durham, he knows FUCK ALL about football, according to him Man City are a far bigger club than the toon, I went on and put him in his place, as did Mick Quinn, while I was on, but aside from that, this bloke is getting paid £50,000 a year to talk about a subject he knows fuck all about.  Steven Gerrard has never played on the right side of midfield for Liverpool according to him  :lol:.  The only sense he's ever spoken, is Tottenham Hotspur will always be a stepping stone for better things, for players like Sol Campbell, Aaron Lennon etc... There's some clueless people on this message board, but honestly every single one of you knows more about football than this fuckin idiot, which goes to show any of us could get a job in the media, cos it's not as if he's personality 2000.

Bizarrely the only two decent cunts on the whole station are both scouse in  Mike Parry and Mick Quinn, in fairness Alan Brazil isn't bad neither.

John Gaunt is a boring brummie prick who only reads out emails like "John you brighten up my day and give it purpose."  Surely 99% are saying "Fuck off you boring brummie bastard, you know fuck all about life and politics, and why make your voice squeaky to sound more interesting, you're still a boring cunt."

ah aye and oh dear George Galloway every time a muslim comes on "Salam Abdul"....

Does anyone else listen to this station, which has been ruined of late?

It's a money making scam Stevie, don't let it wind you up.

Every day one of them gives some ridiculous 'opinion' purely to attract texts that cost 25p a time from thousands of outraged fans.

Tonights ranks up there with the best of them, saying Liverpool were lucky to win the Champions League but then claiming Man Utd were not. Pretty obvious if you ask me.

Guest nufc16

his job is to wind people up and getting people ringing in. which he's achieved tbf. i just dont listen anymore because it's the same as any phone in based show. utter shite.

do hawksbee and jacobs still have their show?

Every day one of them gives some ridiculous 'opinion' purely to attract texts that cost 25p a time from thousands of outraged fans.

Tonights ranks up there with the best of them, saying Liverpool were lucky to win the Champions League but then claiming Man Utd were not. Pretty obvious if you ask me.

I take your point re: the texts etc...  they tell you to send emails in for the competitions which cost nothing, I bet they only entre the texts though.  Adrian Durham though is a fuckin cunt, look at his pic on the website, he even looks like an Eton educated geeky fuckin media student who got lucky.  He should fuck off to Radio Gloucestershire to commentate on rugby.

Man Utd were worthy European Champions though, they were the best side in Europe that season.  Liverpool lost at places like Deportivo, Monaco and even Olympiakos, if that's a side worthy of winning the CL then we might as well chuck football.

The absolute worst thing about that station - and the worst thing about anything, anywhere, ever, is the newsreader who ends all his buletins with an "And finally..." story, followed by an atrocious pun. He should have followed Sadaam to the gallows for crimes against my brain.

Don't bother with Durham, his job is to get people to ring up and its worked.

The absolute worst thing about that station - and the worst thing about anything, anywhere, ever, is the newsreader who ends all his buletins with an "And finally..." story, followed by an atrocious pun. He should have followed Sadaam to the gallows for crimes against my brain.

Don't bother with Durham, his job is to get people to ring up and its worked.

Agree 100%.  George Galloway is almost as sickening as Durham though for differing reasons.  That link Nobby put up.... oh dear

In July 2006, Durham presented live coverage of Glasgow Celtic's tour of America on Irish satellite channel, Setanta Sports. He is expected to be their anchor presenter when Setanta Sports broadcast live Premiership and Conference football in the UK and Ireland from 2007-08, which may mean he will take time off talkSPORT radio.

You can deny it all you want but most of us will get Setanta for when the toon are on away, as well as other games, and this prick is going to be their Richard Keys!  Fuck sake.

Guest BooBoo

Richard Keys has turned into a super prat over the years. Did anyone see him stroking the turf before Man Utd played Chelsea?

I do like Talksport, but their phone ins are pointless. The minute any of the pundits disagrees with a caller they slag them off and the cut them off. So much for interesting debate!

from wiki:

Adrian often takes controversial positions in discussions, which are usually disagreed with by listeners and co-presenters, sometimes resulting in a heated argument. This can become quite surreal on a slow news day when Durham will spend a whole hour trying to argue that white is black. Many suspect this is simply to wind up the audience, so that more people will phone in to the show and boost listening figures over rival BBC Five Live.

One of his more bizarre suggestions is that he could do a better job than the current England manager, since, in his view, the only attribute an England manager needs is passion. Furthermore, Durham has a habit of responding to those who have contradicting views to his own in a sarcastic and condescending response. He has recently gone on record calling Alan Shearer "a bottler" and accused Thierry Henry of going missing in big games.

His opinions are also very fluid. This fluidity allows him to air apparently contradictory statements. On one such occasion, he spent an entire show explaining why he wanted Chelsea to be beaten by FC Barcelona, but two weeks later revealed he would ask Chelsea manager José Mourinho to manage England at the World Cup. He regularly reminds listeners he's first and foremost an England fan, secondly he's a fan of a team who plays proper football (i.e. a team that plays with flair) regardless whether its an English club playing in a European Cup.

Despite (or perhaps because of) all the criticisms Durham remains the first choice presenter for the radio station talkSPORT having been giving all the prime slots during the recent 2006 FIFA World Cup.

Took the words out of my mouth...

Richard Keys has turned into a super prat over the years. Did anyone see him stroking the turf before Man Utd played Chelsea?

I do like Talksport, but their phone ins are pointless. The minute any of the pundits disagrees with a caller they slag them off and the cut them off. So much for interesting debate!

Exactly that's what Adrian Durham did to me ages ago, I said my point about the toon, then closed with "never in media history have I heard a more ridiculous point of view than yours on this subject" and he cut me off, the prick.  Same with John Gaunt though, people can get 5 seconds, "I disagree with your point of view about immigra.." - Gaunt: "Get off the line, it's like a 6 form common room on here today".. brummie wank.

Spot on.  Every show is the same.  One "presenter" takes one side of an argument,  while the other goes the opposite way to the extreme.  The next 3 hours is just repeating the same argument.

Boring as shite.  For the record,  Mike Parry comes accross as the biggest w*nker on there.

Exactly that's what Adrian Durham did to me ages ago, I said my point about the toon, then closed with "never in media history have I heard a more ridiculous point of view than yours on this subject" and he cut me off, the prick. Same with John Gaunt though, people can get 5 seconds, "I disagree with your point of view about immigra.." - Gaunt: "Get off the line, it's like a 6 form common room on here today".. brummie wank.

They're always coming up with comments like this, that's why I hate listening to it. Someone comes on with a fair point and just because it goes against the grain of what they're saying they get all uptight and nasty about it. It's like just because they're hosting the programme, they are always right and anyone who disagrees is laughable and a complete incompetent twat. When in reality it's them who come across as that.

What was the gist of what you said Stevie?

Exactly that's what Adrian Durham did to me ages ago, I said my point about the toon, then closed with "never in media history have I heard a more ridiculous point of view than yours on this subject" and he cut me off, the prick. Same with John Gaunt though, people can get 5 seconds, "I disagree with your point of view about immigra.." - Gaunt: "Get off the line, it's like a 6 form common room on here today".. brummie wank.

They're always coming up with comments like this, that's why I hate listening to it. Someone comes on with a fair point and just because it goes against the grain of what they're saying they get all uptight and nasty about it. It's like just because they're hosting the programme, they are always right and anyone who disagrees is laughable and a complete incompetent T***. When in reality it's them who come across as that.

What was the gist of what you said Stevie?

No it was me that said that.  I said his point of view was the most ridiculous etc.....

Well the programme was about who are the big clubs in Britain.  Mick Quinn said there were only 3 big clubs, Man Utd, Liverpool and Celtic - in every way possible, trophies, fan base, players etc...  Durham was just talking shite, some toon fan came on "one of the richest in Europe, broke world transfer record, Cl football, players, 52,000 blah blah" and this cunt Adrian Durham said, "In my view Man City are a bigger club than Newcastle because they've won more."  Some toon fan came on "no they haven't." Durham "well if they haven't I think they're bigger cos when I was at university in Newcastle, I went to a game in 1991, and there was only 16,000 there, and Man City were getting 28,000 in Division Two." Honestly these were his reasons, quoting gates during a boycot season before the SKY/Euro96 explosion, so I went on and metaphorically called him a wanker, and gave reasons why, and Mick Quinn was basically laughing at him saying there's no contest, he cut me off, then he said "maybe I'll have to review that point of view then." 

The guys a prick, no conviction in his views or fuck all, whereas people like Mike Parry have, he basically called the "Barmy Army" a bunch of wanks, which they are, he took loads of criticism but stood by his views.

John Gaunt is a boring brummie prick who only reads out emails like "John you brighten up my day and give it purpose."  Surely 99% are saying "Fuck off you boring brummie bastard, you know F*** all about life and politics, and why make your voice squeaky to sound more interesting, you're still a boring c***."

I must object to this. Gaunt is definitely a prick, but he is definitely not a brummie prick.

He is from Coventry, which despite being a pointless satellite of Brum, is not in Brum.

Talksport is spasticated shite.

John Gaunt is a boring brummie prick who only reads out emails like "John you brighten up my day and give it purpose."  Surely 99% are saying "Fuck off you boring brummie bastard, you know F*** all about life and politics, and why make your voice squeaky to sound more interesting, you're still a boring c***."

I must object to this. Gaunt is definitely a prick, but he is definitely not a brummie prick.

He is from Coventry, which despite being a pointless satellite of Brum, is not in Brum.

Talksport is spasticated shite.

All the same, all sound like boring cunts.  Jasper Carrott used to pull off the odd funny, but in the back of your mind, you always used to think shut up you boring brummie prickl