local football

Guest geordie gent

You got any going Stevie?

I used to run a few five a side teams.

At the end of the day, people who sponsor local boys clubs fair play.  I get the impression though, and John Gibson has said this...Tyneside doesn't want non-league football.  Newcastle Blue Star NEVER get more than 500, Gateshead with a population of 200,000, the highest gate they've had in 10 years is 2,000, Whitley Bay just the same as the Star, and the reason is everybody is too pre-occupied with the toon.  The only grassroots club locally with a chance is Blyth who I feel with investment could sustain lower league football.

Guest TheDutchman

At the end of the day, people who sponsor local boys clubs fair play. I get the impression though, and John Gibson has said this...Tyneside doesn't want non-league football. Newcastle Blue Star NEVER get more than 500, Gateshead with a population of 200,000, the highest gate they've had in 10 years is 2,000, Whitley Bay just the same as the Star, and the reason is everybody is too pre-occupied with the toon. The only grassroots club locally with a chance is Blyth who I feel with investment could sustain lower league football.

In what league Newcastle Blue Star is playing? Never heard of them.

At the end of the day, people who sponsor local boys clubs fair play. I get the impression though, and John Gibson has said this...Tyneside doesn't want non-league football. Newcastle Blue Star NEVER get more than 500, Gateshead with a population of 200,000, the highest gate they've had in 10 years is 2,000, Whitley Bay just the same as the Star, and the reason is everybody is too pre-occupied with the toon. The only grassroots club locally with a chance is Blyth who I feel with investment could sustain lower league football.

The Northern League.

They're basically 9 leagues off the Premiership, which sounds much closer than it is in reality.

Here's a diagram to show you the pyramid structure.

http://www.thepyramid.info/sections/N.htm

Guest TheDutchman

The Northern League.

They're basically 9 leagues off the Premiership, which sounds much closer than it is in reality.

Thanks very much! Really interesting. btw do you a club from Percy Main? I once met a lad on holiday who said he played for that side. But he was drunk and told me it was a good club

The Northern League.

Thanks very much! Really interesting. btw do you a club from Percy Main? I once met a lad on holiday who said he played for that side. But he was drunk and told me it was a good club

Yeah they're sleeping giant to be honest.  About the same size as AFC Ajax  :thup:

Guest TheDutchman

The Northern League.

Yeah they're sleeping giant to be honest. About the same size as AFC Ajax :thup:

:lol: :lol: What can I say..... sad enough more sleeping than giant.

The Northern League.

Yeah they're sleeping giant to be honest. About the same size as AFC Ajax :thup:

Better than NUFC though who are a giant in a coma.

Guest TheDutchman

The Northern League.

Better than NUFC though who are a giant in a coma.

And we both now that a coma doesnt mean your dead! And the UEFA cup final is a great occasion to wake up again!

And we both now that a coma doesnt mean your dead! And the UEFA cup final is a great occasion to wake up again!

I'm on my own in thinking this, and I'm sure someone will show me this in May, but I think we can win the UEFA Cup, there's absolutely nothing to be frightened of.