Aol connection using Wireless modem

CPL

Hi, i have curerntly upgraded to a wireless connection. however the connection is not gettin picked up and the modem can not be recognised in aol. anybody know what i can do? or can anyone tell me what wireless router i reqiure??

thanks in advance

(My mate not me)  bluebigrazz.gif

Guest toonarmy1810

If ur using a wirelass moedem instead of the aol one, u have to bang ur aol username and password in the router config, if ur using aols modem to pick up the router ur fuked,,

If ur using a wirelass moedem instead of the aol one, u have to bang ur aol username and password in the router config, if ur using aols modem to pick up the router ur fuked,,

My mate has AOL and what he did was the router.modem off them, conected the modem to the pc via the USB cable, then the lan lead from the router.modem to the wireless router and it works fine no probs for him.

Guest toonarmy1810

My mate has AOL and what he did was the router.modem off them, conected the modem to the pc via the USB cable, then the lan lead from the router.modem to the wireless router and it works fine no probs for him.

Yes but thats not a wireless connection,

Guest magpie2419

To use a Wireless router on AOL you need to be a Gold ADSL member.

If you use the silver package you cannot connect.

Guest toonarmy1810

EH!!!!!!!!!!!  mate u can use a wireless rouer with any aol package!!!

Guest magpie2419

EH!!!!!!!!!!! mate u can use a wireless rouer with any aol package!!!

No AOL clearly states you need to be a gold member paying 24.99 a month to be able to use wireless conections, I know I had to upgrade 5 months ago, After a long argument with them about it, now I can connect no problem, they also will not offer any tech help on Wireless routers they have not supplied. And I think the gold package rule applies if you buy your own router only, Im not sure if you buy it through AOL. Anyway right or wrong its worth checking with AOL if this is the problem.