Roeder at Anfield last night

Munkey

Although no worse than the lightweight foreign imports playing alongside them, Danny Guthrie, Lee Peltier and Stephen Warnock failed to impress on a night which cried out for such second- stringers to strut their stuff - not to mention impress watching managers seeking to work the loan system during this month's transfer window. Glenn Roeder, for instance, had presumably made the long drive from Newcastle to identify such a potential acquistion.

Roeder may have had his eye on Warnock, Liverpool's left-back. If so, it might explain why he looked rather pale as he left his seat at the interval, by which time Warnock's part in Liverpool's collapse possibly had Newcastle's manager wondering if even Albert Luque might be a better alternative to Celestine Babayaro.

admittedly Warnock had a piss-poor game, but making out Luque would better at LB?....pretty harsh...

full article:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/01/10/battered_bruised_and_soundly_b.html

Guest Smudger

Should have just watched the game on TV instead, he'd have been able to analyse the player he was watching better.

You wouldnt be referring to that thread about tv vs gannin to the match yesterday now would ya? :)

I think he was watching Crouchie instead.

Warnock is better than Babayaro.

That Aladiere lad looked good for Arsenal. Wouldn't mind him on loan for the rest of the season.

Urgh, seriously? He was sh*te at Wolves, Celtic & West Ham! He was excellent last night but I could have made Paletta look a numpty.

I think he was watching Crouchie instead.

Warnock is better than Babayaro.

That Aladiere lad looked good for Arsenal. Wouldn't mind him on loan for the rest of the season.

Urgh, seriously? He was sh*te at Wolves, Celtic & West Ham! He was excellent last night but I could have made Paletta look a numpty.

Haven't ever seen him before but if he was crap at those clubs I doubt he'd make it here.

even though he was shite elsewhere, currently he is keen/young/fast/fit so could be worth a look on loan. If nothing else it is another body in the squad, especially upfront where we are alarmingly low on numbers.

The new Merseyside Michael Ball IMO.

Except Liverpool fans will be happy to sell Warnock on. Rather have Babayaro.

Except Michael Ball was good.

Never the same player after all his knee injuries, thankfully we sold him to Rangers before they realised that

Absolutely, you got a sizeable amount of money for him too.

Thats a common manager pitfull, knowing when a player is finished rather than thinking, nah give me a crack at him, I think i can make him good again.

Although Redknapp and Allardyce could work wonders yet.