Lauren

vicente_14

Source: skysports.com/football

West Ham are in talks with Arsenal's Lauren, skysports.com can confirm.

The Cameroon defender has been told by Arsene Wenger that he can leave Emirates Stadium.

Lauren is out of contract in the summer and is unlikely to be offered fresh terms with Emmanuel Eboue now firmly established as first choice right-back under Wenger.

Lauren has long been linked with a move back to Spain where he first forged his European career - before joining Arsenal in 2000

Hammers boss Alan Curbishley wants to overhaul his squad and only has a short space of time to do so - and an experienced Premiership campaigner like Lauren could prove a valuable acquisition.

Lauren is yet to play a game this season after only just returning to training last month after nearly a year on the sidelines with a knee injury

Would be a good addition to our squad.

Can't believe that. Eboue is awful compared to Lauren, one of the most underrated players around.

Would love him here if he's available though. Arsenal will have Hoyte, Eboue and Lauren as right back options in a couple of weeks aswell.

Great player, but a slight risk with his injury, how will he return and he's getting on a bit now.

Lauren before the injury wouldn't be for sale, why is he now?

Eboue, Hoyte, Gallas can all play RB. But mainly the emergence of Eboue i'd imagine. Worth a look depending on fee.

Eboue is awful compared to Lauren, one of the most underrated players around.

Gotta take you to task on that one, apart from being injured reguarly, when he's had a run of games Eboue has been class IMO.

Disagree mate. Eboue is excellent going forward, and rightly gets praise for that. But his defending IMO is pretty poor but he manages to escape a lot of criticism due to his strengths elsewhere. Depends what you want from a fullback I suppose.

Lauren can (or could pre-injury) do both brilliantly.

Disagree mate. Eboue is excellent going forward, and rightly gets praise for that. But his defending IMO is pretty poor but he manages to escape a lot of criticism due to his strengths elsewhere. Depends what you want from a fullback I suppose.

Lauren can (or could pre-injury) do both brilliantly.

Agree with you on Lauren, and if available would love him here. However insert Nobby's name for Eboue and you wouldn't miss a beat. And Nobby has been a breath of fresh air at right back. But I agree, for me fullbacks bombing on and providing crosses into the box would be an integral part of my tactics, if I ever became a coach.

Lauren was an integral part of the Arsenal backline that prevented them being beaten for a whole season, injuries and the emergence of Eboue has hampered him. However a fresh start would be fantastic for him and the club that get him IMO.

Carr was never involved in a backline like that iirc.

Will he be the same after a long lay off. Very good a few years back and would have snapped Wengers arm off for him, not too sure now, damaged goods? Still better prospectthan having Carr back in our team.

Lauren was an integral part of the Arsenal backline that prevented them being beaten for a whole season, injuries and the emergence of Eboue has hampered him. However a fresh start would be fantastic for him and the club that get him IMO.

Carr was never involved in a backline like that iirc.

And at Newcastle, Lauren won't be either.

Lauren was considered Arsenal's weak link in their back four defensively by most of their fans, certainly the ones I know. Good going forward, but not a good enough defender.

Would be a good addition to our side, although I dont think at this stage of his career hed be much of an improvement over Nobby.

Lauren was considered Arsenal's weak link in their back four defensively by most of their fans, certainly the ones I know. Good going forward, but not a good enough defender.

Would be a good addition to our side, although I dont think at this stage of his career hed be much of an improvement over Nobby.

Also, the season before Abramovich went to Chelsea, they had the second best defence in the league...with a full-back pairing of Babayaro & Melchiot. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole though.

would be a fantastic signing imo - class player, got experience - just what we need.

but left back has got to prioritised!

Also, the season before Abramovich went to Chelsea, they had the second best defence in the league...with a full-back pairing of Babayaro & Melchiot. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole though.

Aye, thats the problem. In a team with great centrebacks, a very strong team overall (ie defense, midfield, attack, etc), average players can look alot better than they are. Weve seen this ourselves, whenever Woody played players like OBrien and Bramble looked like world beaters, whilst most teams struggled to score against us even though we had fullbacks like Hughes, Bernard and Griffin (in terms of the bigger picture, very average fullbacks).

Lauren's defensive weaknesses would have been covered to an extent by the strength of Arsenal's backline. So it wouldnt be a guaranteed success story if we were to get Lauren like some are making out on here. He obviously has alot going for him in other departments - fast, good on the ball, athletic, etc, thats not being denied, but it needs to be remembered that without the solid defence and great team around him, his weaknesses which were only slightly apparent when he peaked might be brought to light in a shiite team like ours. I would still take him if the deal was a good one, but we do need a left back far more urgently.

Guest FlapjackJoe

And Lauren scored the most spectacular own goal the Premiership has ever seen.

Dribbled the ball backwards from his own halfway line and scored past whoever the keeper was (Lehmann?).

Think it was against Man Citeh.

Sign him for entertainment value, Amady Faye left a gaping hole...