BSOD

ToonTastic

Yes I'm getting the dreaded blue screen of death which is doing my head in. It happens at random times but mostly when I'm playing football manager or on stuff like limewire. I've tried updating my graphics card drive incase it's that with no success (ati x800) and I've ran a memory test on my computer but after 14hours it hadn't come up with any errors so I don't think it's that. I havn't got the message with my here and I can't remember what the .sys file was so I'll post that information tonight I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what it might be. I get the feeling it might be something to do with a network device which is nvidia I think off the top of my head but I don't think I've updated those drivers since I've got my machine so don't know why it would suddenly happen now. I was getting a couple a few months ago but now it's almost constant since I installed my linksys router. Any ideas of what I can do ? Thanks

Guest StevieH84

Having the name of file would be handy,

also if you have the windows cd,you can

run System File Checker, go to the Run box

on the Start Menu and type in...

sfc /scannow

This command will scan all files and verify their integrity,

replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

Guest magpie2419

Right the error is

Drive_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0X000000D1 (0X000000238, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0A82B05BC)

http.sys address A82B05BC base at AB29B000, Datestamp 41672744

Look Here  http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm  it has list of error messages and what they mean.

If this started when you installed a  linksys router  then the problem is there, there are a few of the router with a bad Bios, and that would need to be updated.

Do some housekeeping

up date all your system including AV and Anti spyware

Clean out all temp file and caches

Run AV and Spyware scans

If this fails download all require drivers and do a format and reinstall.

I have found when a system becomes so unstable format is usually the only option.

PM me if you need any more help.

Yeah I'd been on that site wasn't really much help as the situations don't match mine lol

I've noticed it more since I installed that but the BSOD errors appeared before ahnd. AV and Spyware are all uptodate and temp files and cache are deleted automatically. I've ran both of those checks sometimes got blue screens but when I got through didn't have any problems.

At the minute I'm going to update my network card drivers as I'm almost certain it's that don't know why I just am :) If that fails guess I'll have to reinstall but if it's hardware related that won't help so i'm wanting that as last resort really. The system is still pretty new and has always been kept clean, defraged and not had any crap put on it so I'm at a loss to understand whats going on with it.

Guest magpie2419

Try these people they are good and may be able to help

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic35103.html

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

No I'm not using IIS. I tried installing new network drivers from Nvidia. I then wasn't able to boot into the machine it got so far into loading my desktop and gave another blue screen so I got rid of the network managerment programme or whatever it was called and I can now boot in again.

Arggghhh pc mighty max was formally known as PC Doctor or something like that, basically it doesn't do what it says on the tin and can cause more problems than it's worth. Also it's very tricky to remove, it might as well be spyware.

I'll give football manager a try tomorrow cause I've not had a blue screen in a long time so that;s my big test lol

Yeah I uninstalled that driver. So, so far all I've done is updated the bios which did nothing, checked the memory which found no errors updated the Nvidia drivers of which it hated the network drivers which I then removed but left the other drivers (no idea what they were for, looks like the firewall but I wasn't using that) however I've just managed to play football manager for ages which I wasn't able to do before and there as been no blue screen in about 2 days. So no idea what the problem was, believe it must be something to do with Nvidia but who knows. I'll keep updated if the BSOD does come back though.