Glenn raids Chelski again (sorry if already posted)

Skirge

Delete this if if posted alswhere I looked but could not see it..

We need defenders so he go's after a right winger but Chelski want Oba and will only offer swpa deals, fkn cheeky blue bastards.

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder has admitted he enquired about a Chelsea player, believed to be Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Roeder was keen to add the Blues star to his squad, but opted against perusing the deal after the Londoners asked about a player in exchange.

The Premiership champions reportedly wanted Obafemi Martins and Roeder has admitted the Nigeria international has no chance of leaving St James' Park.

"You couldn't even buy Oba for £10million now. I wouldn't even take the phone call," stated Roeder.

"There have been rumblings about Chelsea, but it's impossible. I am building a squad.

"I have enquired about one player and they said 'we'll let you have him, but we want that player'.

"So I had to say 'no, the player I want has to stay where he is'."

Guest SwissMagpie

maybe Glenn whats to play 4-5-1.with SWP at right,Parker and Emre at the middle and Duff on the left.

Dyer behind Martins.so i can understand it,but main thing is to Bring A bloody CB and LB

Guest Kenton Magpie

or

when in doubt do fuck all and wait untill the summer so we can trick the fans into believing that new faces will arrive

SSN got it from here then..

Champions have been after Oba

Jan 28 2007

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

Glenn Roeder has again warned off clubs eyeing Obafemi Martins - and hinted that Chelsea have failed in a cheeky swap bid for the striker.

Newcastle manager Roeder last night revealed the depth of his frustration at failing to land his top targets during January.

But he insists Martins' impact this season is vindication of his ultra-selective transfer policy.

And the United boss revealed how his commitment to building a talented young squad meant he missed out on one of those targets this month . . .

After the player's club - apparently Chelsea - demanded one of Roeder's stars, believed to be Martins, in exchange.

"You couldn't buy Oba for £10 million now. I wouldn't even take the phone call," said Roeder, who has admitted an interest in Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips.

"There have been rumblings about Chelsea, but it's impossible. I am building a squad.

"I enquired about one player, and they said `we'll let you have him, but we want that player'. But one in, one out isn't any good to us.

"So I had to say `no, the player I want has to stay where he is, because you're not having the player from here that you want'."

Martins' largely impressive recent form has subdued those who believed Newcastle paid over the odds for him last summer.

And Roeder admitted: "Look at some of the other players who haven't settled as well in the Premiership as yet - like Shevchenko and Ballack.

"These are world-class footballers who haven't done as well as Oba, so I feel vindicated.

"Anything he does this season is a bonus anyway, because next season he will really take off."