Still a chance to sign onyewu "gooch"

Guest nufc 4 life

Guest nufc 4 life

Skysports.com understand that Newcastle United could indeed still land American star Oguchi Onyewu.

Magpies boss Glenn Roeder has already played down speculation linking him with a move for the Standard Liege centre-half.

It has emerged that Onyewu could be allowed to leave Standard on loan, which would be an ideal scenario for Newcastle.

The player himself has long been keen to seal a move to England, having seen potential moves to Middlesbrough, Fulham and Chelsea fail to materialise in recent months.

The likes of Real Madrid and Internazionale have also checked on him, but the main interest at this point is coming from Marseille.

L'OM are very keen and appear at the head of the queue, although skysports.com understand that Onyewu would prefer St James'

Worth taking a chance.

We need somebody, any-fuking-body right now.

Desperation is kicking in, we cannot continue the season with the squad we've got.

We need to sneak in to the Inter-toto again, or the big names on big wages find themselves with itchy feet. I couldn't give a fuk about Owen, Parker, Emre or Duff who'll probably be the first to moan, its Martins i worry about., best player we've bought in about a decade, we need to keep him, and to do that we need to get up the table, which will be near impossible with the defenders we do/dont have.

Guest nufc 4 life

a fair point to say the least i doubt owen will moan though or parker or even duff emre on the other hand... and why the fuk can't i use quotes

Guest SwissMagpie

Here it was published that FC Basel are in advanced talks with "Gooch" agant,......................

Basel has more money than NUFC? :-X

he denied it a few days ago though

United States international Onyewu was another centre-half to have been linked with a January move to The Magpies.

Roeder, though, confirmed he is not pursuing the Standard Liege stopper, who has been interesting Chelsea and Fulham.

He added: "I am aware of this player, but he is not a player I am trying to sign."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=443967&plid=23557&clid=4&cpid=8

Its hard to tell with Roeder, wouldn't sign Campbell because of his age then signed someone older!

Bit of a difference between Campbell and Sibierski. Sibierski is on a 1 year contract and small wages whereas Campbell would have needed a 2 or 3 year contract with very high wages.

A risk, but then I'd take a risk over nothing.

Physically he looks perfect for the EPL.

He gets good reviews back in his home nation, and has gained lots of experience for his age.

Big name teams are looking at him, and if we do a loan deal with a set fee there is no risk in the slightest in signing this player.

The risk is not doing so.