Still a chance to sign onyewu "gooch"

Guest nufc 4 life

Guest justin99.

Just got this translated from the Standard de Liege offical site (bit hard to read) :

Press review

28/01/2007 - Gooch in Newcastle?

But where devil Oguchi Onyewu will it deposit its luggage whereas the winter period of the transfers finishes Wednesday evening? From one day to another, the destination changes. Day before yesterday still, all seemed about to be regulated for a passage of the American of the Standard to Olympic of Marseilles. Nevertheless, the central back of Sclessin had not affixed yet its signature with the bottom of the contract presented by Pape Diouf, the president phocéen. And due! Gooch is touched.

Fulham, Chelsea, two formations English already made him the soft eyes, in vain. However, British football would try it more than the hexagonal one. This is why it went yesterday, of sure sources, in Newcastle. Another English club with which it had already negotiated lately. But the offer of Magpies had been considered to be, at the time, insufficient by the direction inhabitant of Liège. This Sunday, will it return of its tour with better news? A offers equal between the OM and Newcastle, the Standard will not pose a problem to him. The choice would return to him and, apparently, its heart would balance as regards English rather. Then, the OM or Newcastle? Answer this Sunday or Monday at the latest. According to Het Nieuwsblad the Standard would have even already found an agreement with the English.

Ooh, L'OM are after him too?

T_T, I know it's a poor comparison but Titus Bramble looks good physically for the Premiership and he's proved himself to not be good enough on a consistent basis. Sure he gets good reviews to, but in a far poorer standard of league.

So I'm not saying he's a bad player but he wouldn't be a guaranteed success either.

"He's signed for Marseille?

http://soccertimes.com/americans/2007/jan26.htm"

I read that aswell Taylor which led me to Standards site. There is no mention on there that a deal has been arranged with OM, only what I posted before.

I think the yanks are jumping the gun a little bit.

Not like them, weapons of mass destruction, now the Gooch. Doesn't surprise me one bit.  :banana2:

Ooh, L'OM are after him too?

T_T, I know it's a poor comparison but Titus Bramble looks good physically for the Premiership and he's proved himself to not be good enough on a consistent basis. Sure he gets good reviews to, but in a far poorer standard of league.

So I'm not saying he's a bad player but he wouldn't be a guaranteed success either.

Totally mate, but its all i can see in him as i've never seen him play, his physical attributes are apparent, which means we wont end up with another Hugo Viana or Luque.

You'd then have to call in his ability as a footballer, which i know nothing about TBF. (but a loan is a good way to find out)

He is absolutley rubbish

although we need signings he is 100% not good enough to be one of them

terrible terrible player

you seen much of him playing?

I havent really heard about him, man mountain yes but does he have pace, skill and a cool head everything which bramble doesnt have basically?

its a hard act to follow whoever we bring in when you comepare them to doomsong and titus bimble

He is absolutley rubbish

terrible terrible player

I havent really heard about him, man mountain yes but does he have pace, skill and a cool head everything which bramble doesnt have basically?

its a hard act to follow whoever we bring in when you comepare them to doomsong and titus bimble

you'll miss your bus mate

He is absolutley rubbish

terrible terrible player

you'll miss your bus mate

what bus is that then?    :knuppel2:

if there is still a chance, i want him here.  at best he shores up the defence and shows why he's an international, at worst he's no better than what we've got, but at least he'll be a warm body to throw on the pitch when ramage burns out again.   

i think gooch has a better head on his shoulders than bramble too.  less likely to switch off mid-match, or mid-swing of his leg for that matter!