Babel in part exchange with Luque

Unbelievable

Oh dear, it's just been mentioned on Dutch television that Newcastle have launched an offer of 7 million Euros (4,5 mill pounds) plus Luque for Ryan Babel of ajax. I personally don´t rate him at all, but I thought I´d let you know. I also don´t think ajax can afford Luque´s wages..

Yeah he is best chums with Van Persie and Arsenal have been tracking him.

That said, it doesnt mean we havent bid for him.

Dont know too much about him tbh, supposed to be the next Henry, but if this is the type of striker we are after its encouraging we arent looking to play a long ball game.

Would be an ideal deal, cant see either it coming off or he being interested in coming though.

How much does everyone want to bet that Alan Olivier will write an article debunking the Gooch, Coloccini, and Babel rumors tomorrow?

I swear, these days I get up every morning wondering who we WON'T sign this time. Not who we will. ???

If he is a talented striker then its all good. Doubt Arsenal would need him tbh they have LOADS of strikers!

As someone said though could they afford Luques wages?

Who cares? We'll knock off a couple of zeros and pretend that's what his weekly wage is  :icon_biggrin:

part of me is thinking really negatively in the sense that most national and internation press people link us with all sorts of deals must be a load sinse about xmas that we were close to or going to sign. Second I dont think they could pay his wage demands unless he is that sick of us and how glen slags him off that he will leave and take pay drop.

but the positive part of me is thinking yes a signing not only that but he is young and could well do what martins has done after the bedding in period, also we know that arsenal hardly ever make a bad signing so if they are as keen as the press over here has made clear and we have actually struck a deal then he must be something worth to shout about.