Oguchi Onyewu signs on loan

KaKa

If you think about it Roeder isn't going to tell Anal what he's doing as he knows Anal will write it in his paper and within hours everybody would know his plans.

The quotes were released on the official site. Besides, what do you think might happen if people know about our interest in this player, or if he had just not commented on him full stop.

/never mind taking the piss out of his name.

The official site quotes were taken from the Chronicle earlier in the day.

If Roeder had not of commented speculation would have persisted all weekend and a few other clubs may have had a look.

Get away with you. A story from Oliver without quotes would have ignited interest from other clubs? :lol:

If you think about it Roeder isn't going to tell Anal what he's doing as he knows Anal will write it in his paper and within hours everybody would know his plans.

The quotes were released on the official site. Besides, what do you think might happen if people know about our interest in this player, or if he had just not commented on him full stop.

/never mind taking the piss out of his name.

The official site quotes were taken from the Chronicle earlier in the day.

If Roeder had not of commented speculation would have persisted all weekend and a few other clubs may have had a look.

Get away with you. A story from Oliver without quotes would have ignited interest from other clubs? :lol:

Did you not know Wenger reads the Ronnie?

I've never seen him play but he does have all the physical attributes you want in a defender.  Still so does Bramble.. though I am encouraged by people reporting that he's got a cool head, which is pretty much the opposite of Bramble.

Really glad hes joining us, looks a massive presence in the defence.

Stick his name into Youtube and check some of the videos, hes like a bloody mountain!

I'm sure all the idiots will anyway but we can't now put all the pressure on Gooch to stop every goal going in, he'll make mistakes like everyone does so we should all give him a little time and lee-way to settle.

Much needed face tho!  O0

Love this bit:

'In his second season with Standard Liege, Onyewu (pronounced Own-YAY-woo) has developed into one of the most fearsome defenders in the modest Belgian league.'

B3ta-tastic! :lol:

so, will he be the first yank to ever pull on a newcastle united shirt?

Rossi was probably the first.

Hes kinda italian too, not a "proper" american.

Guest elbee909

I just wonder if we've bought him outright, after reading this - or at least if that's the end of season option we've negotiated:

"I am very afraid we will lose him," said Standard General Manager Pierre Francois, who, by the terms of Onyewu's contract, must approve a sale if an offer reaches an undisclosed threshold and the player wants to go.

I've never seen him play but he does have all the physical attributes you want in a defender.  Still so does Bramble.. though I am encouraged by people reporting that he's got a cool head, which is pretty much the opposite of Bramble.

like when he cocked up against Mexico and let Borgetti in to score that goal just before the World Cup.

tbf not seen that much of him though, looks built like a brick $hithouse

Guest Darth Toon

Its been ages since we had an absolute beast of a centre half - Killer was probably the last proper one! Hope he can live up to his potential and help give us some much-needed stability at the back.

Guest Knightrider

Reading a few things about him it seems he's been improving with every season and works hard on his game, it also seems like he's a level headed bloke and at that price or on a loan deal, I think this is a good deal for us, one we can't really lose out on. I look forward to seeing him play and good luck to the lad, welcome to Toon Oguchi Onyewu, our first ever American player I believe.