Oguchi Onyewu signs on loan

KaKa

Press conferance tommorow? Hope so, it feels like ages since we've had our usual panto.

Expect a lot of:

"The fans are passionate around here"

"This is a massive club"

"I'm ready to try and help us win a trophy that we've been waiting for so long"

"Alan Shearer was legend"

"The chairman and the manager convinced me"

I've never seen him play but he does have all the physical attributes you want in a defender.  Still so does Bramble.. though I am encouraged by people reporting that he's got a cool head, which is pretty much the opposite of Bramble.

like when he cocked up against Mexico and let Borgetti in to score that goal just before the World Cup.

tbf not seen that much of him though, looks built like a brick $hithouse

Actually you've just reminded me that I have seen him play.  That game against Mexico was the first of a two World Cup qualifiers against Mexico if I remember correctly?  I remember the player who made that mistake (didn't realise it was him) in the first game but if I remember right he then dominating in the second game against the same team and the US won the match comfortably with a clean sheet.  So hopefully that was just a mistake that he learned from.

I've never seen him play but he does have all the physical attributes you want in a defender.  Still so does Bramble.. though I am encouraged by people reporting that he's got a cool head, which is pretty much the opposite of Bramble.

like when he cocked up against Mexico and let Borgetti in to score that goal just before the World Cup.

Actually you've just reminded me that I have seen him play.  That game against Mexico was the first of a two World Cup qualifiers against Mexico if I remember correctly?  I remember the player who made that mistake (didn't realise it was him) in the first game but if I remember right he then dominating in the second game against the same team and the US won the match comfortably with a clean sheet.  So hopefully that was just a mistake that he learned from.

Been reading wiki more like ;)

Press conference for a player on loan? Bit of an embarassment isn'tit?

Sounds about right though. We have been waiting for a signing for so long i'd expect them to milk it for all that its worth.

Reading a few things about him it seems he's been improving with every season and works hard on his game, it also seems like he's a level headed bloke and at that price or on a loan deal, I think this is a good deal for us, one we can't really lose out on. I look forward to seeing him play and good luck to the lad, welcome to Toon Oguchi Onyewu, our first ever American player I believe.

Again that was Rossi.

Sounds about right though. We have been waiting for a signing for so long i'd expect them to milk it for all that its worth.

and if we have an option to buy him thats more than acceptable i think ^-^

I've never seen him play but he does have all the physical attributes you want in a defender.  Still so does Bramble.. though I am encouraged by people reporting that he's got a cool head, which is pretty much the opposite of Bramble.

Actually you've just reminded me that I have seen him play.  That game against Mexico was the first of a two World Cup qualifiers against Mexico if I remember correctly?  I remember the player who made that mistake (didn't realise it was him) in the first game but if I remember right he then dominating in the second game against the same team and the US won the match comfortably with a clean sheet.  So hopefully that was just a mistake that he learned from.

I haven't actually.  I remember the goal, he turned his back and the Mexican got goal side with nobody marking him and got an easy free header.  He tried to get back to stop the header but couldn't and ended up hitting into the post or swining on it or something like that.  Is that mentioned on Wikki? :)

I've never seen him play but he does have all the physical attributes you want in a defender.  Still so does Bramble.. though I am encouraged by people reporting that he's got a cool head, which is pretty much the opposite of Bramble.

Not an old head to organise the kids, and with no Premiership experience, he may have difficulty stepping up from the Belgian league, but we'll just have to wait and see. Good luck to the lad, seems to be a sensible and professional bloke in his interviews.

I'm not sure he can be seen as an automatic first choice though, and if he does start, I could see it being alongside Bramble rather than Taylor considering Bramble's experience and Glenn's desire to give him a new contract.

No actually I haven't.  I remember he turned his back and the Mexican got goal side and got an easy free header, Onywu tried to get back to stop it but couldn't and ended up hitting into the post or swining on it or something like that.  Is that description on Wikki? :)

There was wink, no need to bite, me thinks you protest too much.  :rolleyes:

Someones gone and totally edited out my Wikipedia entry. They are now saying that it is up on the Liege website that Gooch isn't coming here as they've accepted a bid from Marseille only...

Hopefully just some Marseille kid who cant accept the truth.

Someones gone and totally edited out my Wikipedia entry. They are now saying that it is up on the Liege website that Gooch isn't coming here as they've accepted a bid from Marseille only...

So edited it back.

What are you on about biting? :lol:  I was just giving you a quick description of the goal to show you that I did in fact see it.  Oh and a winking smillie can actually be interpreted in many different ways mate ;)

Holy hell, the Titus Bramble wiki is mad. Check out the trivia bit as well as the main paragraphs. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titus_Bramble

If this Babel thing miraculously comes off, they'll be introduced together.

What are you on about biting? :lol:  I was just giving you a quick description of the goal to show you that I did in fact see it.  Oh and a winking smillie can actually be interpreted in many different ways mate ;)

O0

Holy hell, the Titus Bramble wiki is mad. Check out the trivia bit as well as the main paragraphs. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titus_Bramble

'Bramble is also a fluent speaker of Cantonese having spent much of his childhood living in Guangdong Province, China.'????

Onyewo plays in belgium, i live there

he's ok for the belgium league, but as far as Newcastle are concerned i think its an ok, loan signing, but i don't rate him that highly

He has power and is a strong defender kinda like albert was.

bUT DO I DARE TO SAY HE MAKES MISTAKES!!!!!

I guess this is all we got, or all that is available since we have no money

Onyewo plays in belgium, i live there

he's ok for the belgium league, but as far as Newcastel are concerned i think its an ok, loan signing, but i don't rate him that highly

He has power and is a strong defender kinda like albert was.

bUT DO I DARE TO SAY HE MAKES MISTAKES!!!!!

I guess this is all we got, or all that is available since we have no money

Just back up for the more experienced Bramble then. Woo.  :banana:

If this Babel thing miraculously comes off, they'll be introduced together.

Assuming we are even in talks for Babel. Wishfull thinking though. Living in the world of madness if we got Babel would we still try for Piquionne? We were after two strikers to begin with.

Either would do like.