Whitley Bay votes to keep laws allowing public flogging of the disabled

BlueStar

Guest TheDutchman

Bit of grass by the sea front about 5 mins walk from me.  Used for flying kites, walking dogs and drinking lambrini.

Seems like a nice place to life. And what about the flogging? :knuppel2:

Whitley Bay LOL.

As a resident i have to agree.

>:(

Its not that bad. A walk to Tynemouth and back again is one of the finer pleasures of the region.

The Spanish City is an eyesore.

There about about 4-5 buildings (High Point, Whiskey Bends, Sylvester's, The Avenue + all the old arcades) that are derelict and need knocking down on the sea front.

Its full of Chavs drinking on the street.

When those chavs reach 16 they don there best YSL shirt and go drinking down Whitley, causing fights and leaving trails of sick and pizza everywhere.

Its full of charity shops.

The traffic lights system in the centre of the town was designed by a 3month old monkey with brain damage.

The Leisure pool is falling down and doesn't even have the floating roof up anymore (which keeps the heat in)

There is fuk all to do apart from get drunk.

Whitley Bay LOL.

Its not that bad. A walk to Tynemouth and back again is one of the finer pleasures of the region.

There about about 4-5 buildings (High Point, Whiskey Bends, Sylvester's, The Avenue + all the old arcades) that are derelict and need knocking down on the sea front.

When those chavs reach 16 they don there best YSL shirt and go drinking down Whitley, causing fights and leaving trails of sick and pizza everywhere.

The traffic lights system in the centre of the town was designed by a 3month old monkey with brain damage.

The Leisure pool is falling down and doesn't even have the floating roof up anymore (which keeps the heat in)

The Spanish city was great when I was a younger, used to make a point of going with my Nan every year. then after not going for a few years when I went to Whitley Bay last year its turned shit and is derelict. Shame.

Whitley Bay LOL.

The Spanish city was great when I was a younger, used to make a point of going with my Nan every year. then after not going for a few years when I went to Whitley Bay last year its turned shit and is derelict. Shame.

And i live 5mins away from the bloody eyesore.

The new £60m regeneration plans look ace, but still nothing has come of it.

They knocked down the market to build a carpark, then the knocked down a perfectly good school (in fact two) to build a new modern one which now just takes up vauable land, while across the road stand a field with no purpose to it.

Arcades were forced to close, and other knocked down, and this has been happening for the last 5 years.

Its cost £500k in planning etc, and still nothing has come about.

It took them 8 years to build the fuking mall which has about 6 fuking shops in it, two of them cards fuking shops!

You couldn't make it up.

As a residential area its sound as, certainly a lot better than most places in North Tyneside.

Its in a transition period, things are bound to be worse than they could be.

Arent many other areas in NT that are much nicer.

As a residential area its sound as, certainly a lot better than most places in North Tyneside.

Its in a transition period, things are bound to be worse than they could be.

Arent many other areas in NT that are much nicer.

If they spend that coin on the Spanish City, build something where the school used to be, and get the High Point, Whiskey Bends, Sylvester's & The Avenue sorted out and re-used then the place would be fantastic.

The Avenue needs structural work and the owner has fuked off, but the rest the buildings are in sound condition and could be renovated easily.

The problem is Whitley Road. Its full of charity shops, and cheap shitty shops, so no body cares what they look like and are taken over every 6months by someone else and then that business fails.

The more store shop which is one of the biggest in WB has sat there for about 6 years without any business, its not healthy and its had a knock on effect.

Boots closed down to move to the mall, and left a huge shop space, its was turned into another charity shop, one of 7 on that street.

If you want a pint, kebab, second hand clothes or an estate agent, you're in the right place cos that's all there fuckin' is here.  Apart from when some bint opens "Coffee & Crepe Paper - Toys and Gifts" or "Glitter Glue Dreams - Crafts and Cat Figurines" which lasts for about 3 months, just like the one before it and then becomes another estate agent or charity shop.

Residential parts are canny compared to a lot of places, but they've let rest of it go to total shite.

The High Point developers couldnt get planning permission due to parking restrictions. I understand they are revising their plans. The new flats just up from Cullercoats harbour are priced at 200k for 2 beds, so if they get permission, they will sell well i'm sure.

The avenue is a disgrace to the council, used to be a great bar when we were kids.

As for the Spanner, its listed status means the council dont know what to do with it. The main problem for me is an ineffectual and incompetent council.

Not sure if that was what Paul was driving at?

If you want a pint, kebab, second hand clothes or an estate agent, you're in the right place cos that's all there fuckin' is here.  Apart from when some bint opens "Coffee & Crepe Paper - Toys and Gifts" or "Glitter Glue Dreams - Crafts and Cat Figurines" which lasts for about 3 months, just like the one before it and then becomes another estate agent or charity shop.

Residential parts are canny compared to a lot of places, but they've let rest of it go to total shite.

Totally, where abouts do you live?

Am bang central so its my doorstep that's shite. Boumont park and other places at least dont have to suffer the indignity.

The High Point developers couldnt get planning permission due to parking restrictions. I understand they are revising their plans. The new flats just up from Cullercoats harbour are priced at 200k for 2 beds, so if they get permission, they will sell well i'm sure.

The avenue is a disgrace to the council, used to be a great bar when we were kids.

As for the Spanner, its listed status means the council dont know what to do with it. The main problem for me is an ineffectual and incompetent council.

Just had a letter thought the door from Labour about the Spanish City.

The Avenue was class, when i was 16 (about 10 years ago) it was the place to go for being that age, but you didn't go on like it (if you know what i mean) Never any trouble, lots of hippies and goths from Whitley High wer in there, but tbh, they were great and became friends, decent ones who i still speak to.

karaoke was class in there, cheap drinks and general good atmosphere.

Bar Oz/Dundee's/Townhouse is the best place since and now my local. I dont actually like the rest of Whitley bay, i only go to the Firestation as i can take the nipper in and get some food.

Guest TheDutchman

The Avenue was class, when i was 16 (about 10 years ago) it was the place to go for being that age, but you didn't go on like it (if you know what i mean) Never any trouble, lots of hippies and goths from Whitley High wer in there, but tbh, they were great and became friends, decent ones who i still speak to.

Bar Oz/Dundee's/Townhouse is the best place since and now my local. I dont actually like the rest of Whitley bay, i only go to the Firestation as i can take the nipper in and get some food.

Is the Spanish city a free open air fair? Or is it an attraction with entrance fee?

Is the Spanish city a free open air fair? Or is it an attraction with entrance fee?

It used to be a free open air fair. It had a rolla-coaster (which moved to Flamingo land and was the start of the downfall) Dodgems, go-karts, waltzers and loads of other attractions, and this was surrounded almost like a circle with indoor arcades which had loads of video games and gambling machines.

It was class 20 years ago, 10 year ago it died, and now 10 years on its carcass remains on my doorstep.

Am bang central so its my doorstep that's shite. Boumont park and other places at least dont have to suffer the indignity.

Lived near monkey metro, then over by whitley metro, now I'm back closer to monkey.  Town House is my local an all, we took a Townhouse flag over to Frankfurt when we went.

Lived near monkey metro, then over by whitley metro, now I'm back closer to monkey.  Town House is my local an all, we took a Townhouse flag over to Frankfurt when we went.

Its canny, new surface on the pool table this week (it bloody well needed it) cheap pints during the week, sound door staff & bar staff, and usually a good calm atmosphere.

Been my local for about 10 years, even having the bairns christening party upstairs next month.

Excellent - Love it when they have functions cos there's usually a chance to twoc the left over food when everyone's gone ;)

Yeah, I've been going since the Bar Oz beach party days about 10 years ago.  Even lowered myself to working there for 6 months or so when I came out of uni, like most of my dosser mates,  back when the transition from 'rustic' to 'dive' was well under way :undecided:

Seriously needed that refurbishment mind  ;D

Used to go to the Av with the Whitley High lot as well, then fires on the beach afterwards.  Till they closed the fucker, then it was cans of Strike 5 in Fast Eddie's all the way.

Whitley Bay LOL.

I hate to tell you but people have been saying the same thing for over 50 years.......................

Excellent - Love it when they have functions cos there's usually a chance to twoc the left over food when everyone's gone ;)

Yeah, I've been going since the Bar Oz beach party days about 10 years ago.  Even lowered myself to working there for 6 months or so when I came out of uni, like most of my dosser mates,  back when the transition from 'rustic' to 'dive' was well under way :undecided:

Seriously needed that refurbishment mind  ;D

Used to go to the Av with the Whitley High lot as well, then fires on the beach afterwards.  Till they closed the fucker, then it was cans of Strike 5 in Fast Eddie's all the way.

We must know each other tbh, do you know a lad called Pearce who works on the bar? I was in his science class, i might of been in his form class, am not sure???

Did you go to Whitley High? Just your the same age as me as well.

Whitley Bay LOL.

I hate to tell you but people have been saying the same thing for over 50 years.......................

Aye but its become really bad of late (the area) and when your 16-25 drinking is all you do, so it doesn't matter.