Hey!

Guest muzhibs

Guest muzhibs

Hi, just posted a similar post on the 'chat' board but thought I'd introduce myself for those of you who don't read that! I'm from Edinburgh and am a diehard Hibs fan (we've got Tommy Craig as our assistant manager now, Tony Caig played for us and Stephen Glass still does), but I've always supported Newcastle as my second team. Been to Newcastle 5 or 6 times but only ever been to St James Park twice  :(, once for the PSV UEFA cup game a couple of years ago and the other for a guided tour before the new stand was built. Bit gutted to see that we're doing so poorly at the moment but I'm confident by the end of the season we'll be up near the top again!  O0

Guest Knightrider

Not another Scotsman, we've had enough of them over the years to last us a lifetime!

Mah, welcome mate, I was at the PSV match myself, seems a long long time ago now. How is Glass doing?

Guest SmileyCulture

Enthusiasm.. optimism.. *waits for muzhibs to get a a beating about how the team/manager/directors are shit and how were never going to get anywhere*

Guest muzhibs

Mah, welcome mate, I was at the PSV match myself, seems a long long time ago now. How is Glass doing?

Aye it does seem a while back! Glass has actually just went to Dunfermline on loan until the end of the season. We've already got a very good midfield so he doesn't play for us much anymore, but can still do a job off the bench. Definitely not the same player he was a couple of years ago where he played virtually every game for us and I probably would have had him as one of our most consistent players. I'll be surprised if he hangs around after the summer actually!

Guest muzhibs

Glad to know im not the only enthusiastic and optimistic one on here, welcome muzhibs.

It's the best way to be mate! Seriously though, I don't see why Newcastle can't make a late push up the league and try to get a UEFA cup spot, we nearly did it last season. Seems to me consistency is the problem, and if that improves, who knows? When's Owen supposed to be back? If there's still a few games left when he gets back it could be a nice wee boost.

R

We WON that PSV game, Muzhibs. 2-1.  ???

Welcome, btw.

Right enough, I seemed to remember the first leg bein at St James for some reason. I did see us win then!  :thup:

Guest muzhibs

Nah mate... we played the first leg in Eindhoven. It finished 1-1, Jenas scored just before half-time.

In the second leg Shearer and Speed scored.  O0

It's comin back to me now! Both goals were from corners, is that right? I was sitting literally 5 metres away from the PSV fans, I was brickin it!