Mascherano to Liverpool

Fugazi

Guest eyeball_tickler

he's in the same boat as luque, he wont play for west ham again. its just common sense by fifa to let him go.

Just saw that Liverpool look set to sign Mascherano.

Why are Liverpool going to be granted dispensation to sign him? What special circumstances are there that mean he can play for 3 clubs in a year

Totally off topic but who is that in your avatar!

Why are Liverpool going to be granted dispensation to sign him? What special circumstances are there that mean he can play for 3 clubs in a year

Testa.

It's from the Aphex Twin - Windowlicker video.

It's from the Aphex Twin - Windowlicker video.

just watched it and the "come to daddy" one...that is the freakiest shit i have ever seen! thank you!

Guest Bellers

I can understand where FIFA are coming from with this one, letting a player who play virtually no football over the six months play a little football.

However say had Watford attempted to do this with a lesser player do you really believe FIFA would of allowed because I don't.

In my eyes this is just just FIFA once again moving the goal posts to benafit a larger club...

Why would Liverpool want him? He can't even get a game for the Hammers.

because he's a top international footballer who west ham are too shit to accomodate. Too shit tactically - due to their position & just generally too shit (i.e., he needs stevie G next to him to be effective).

Guest Bellers

See I didn't understand this either, I mean he isn't exactly going to be getting a regular game at Liverpool is he?

I mean who are they going to drop, Gerrard, Alonso or Sissoko? I can't see any of them being overly happy with warming the bench...

Guest Bellers

I've never been his greatest fan, but when he's played over the last year he's been impressive, has Mascherno done anything to displace him in the team, I don't think so...

Liverpool want him, to play against your lot, cos Xabi Alonso will be suspsended  ;)

But seriously, I was wondering the same - as in why we wanted to sign him, not about him not playing for the Hammers, cos I've seen him enough to know he's a good player.

But the thing is - it's just a case of Rafa seeing an opportunity to get a player like him, on the cheap. If there was a 8 mill price tag involved, then no, it wouldn't happen, cos he isn't a priority, at all.

Liverpool want him, to play against your lot, cos Xabi Alonso will be suspsended  ;)

But seriously, I was wondering the same - as in why we wanted to sign him, not about him not playing for the Hammers, cos I've seen him enough to know he's a good player.

But the thing is - it's just a case of Rafa seeing an opportunity to get a player like him, on the cheap. If there was a 8 mill price tag involved, then no, it wouldn't happen, cos he isn't a priority, at all.

Sissoko is having a long term injury; Pennant is inconsistent; Mascherano is proven top international; Zenden not good enough; The deal won't be expensive (I presume); Liverpool might not get other chances to sign him again.

All the afformentioned factors combine (not least the cheap cost) and I think it would be an excellent deal for Liverpool. Put Gerrard back to the right where he belongs, and stuff 2 of Sissoko/Alonso/Mascherano in the middle (by rotation). Invincible midfield Rafa is building.

Gonzales, Kewell

Alonso, Zenden

Sissoko, Mascherano

Gerrard, Pennant, Garcia

Also Risse and Aurelio can play left wing adeptly

Impressive stuff here.

You are right - it would be an excellent deal.

But for starters, Sissoko is back now, could be (and hopefully will be) on the bench at least v's the Bitters at the weekend.

Zenden is merely a squad player, sometimes they are just decent, and nothing more players, I don't buy into this theory that EVERY player has to be top class sooper dooper fantasy fan stuff    ;) So he is good enough for the role he has in the squad.

And lastly, but most importantly, no decision for Mascherano has been done, despite all the bollix in the press, nothing has actually happened to suggest he'll be a Liverpool player.

One thing that has pissed me off this season is the fact every opportunity people like to mention how great Gerrard is in the centre and how awful he is on the right, did these people not see how many goals he scored last season when he was playing on the right and how much better he appeared to be playing?

They're Liverpool. They can do whatever they want.

Meanwhile, the Premier League are trying to stop us from signing Fernandes even though he doesn't break the 3 club rule and has already played in England this season. "Paperwork problems". Nice one :thup:

One thing that has pissed me off this season is the fact every opportunity people like to mention how great Gerrard is in the centre and how awful he is on the right, did these people not see how many goals he scored last season when he was playing on the right and how much better he appeared to be playing?

sacerley

Did my head in earlier in the season. It became a vendetta, it was so pissing annoying.

Simple fact is, he wasn't playing well. Boring but true basically.

Last season was his best for Liverpool, and he spent most of it on the right, and the way Alonso and Sissoko played, there wasn't much reason to change it. He scored loads of goals, set up loads and played consistently well in that position.

And that was forgotten earlier this season, and it a case of poor old ickle Stevie was being hard done by that horrible Spaniard playing him out of position.  :uglystupid2: