share tip

womblemaster

Guest Gemmill

I hope there's no insider info going on here.  As a chartered accountant I would be duty bound to report to the authorities.  :tongue:

I hope there's no insider info going on here.  As a chartered accountant I would be duty bound to report to the authorities.  :tongue:

As you well know Gemmill the inverse is true about your profession. ;)

I get spam every fucking day telling me stuff like this.  I never get 'enlarge your cock' or 'sexy singles want to meet you' just "THIS STOCK IS GOING TO EXPLODE" "HOT TIP, VPL IS GOING TO GO BALLISTIC ON MONDAY!" day after day.

This aint spam am a long time forum user.  MEH is a shell its about to go through a reverse aquisition.

meaning its board are going to buy a profitable company and fit it into their company.  All this info is on the web, and in the public domain.

price is going up 10% a day atmo. 

a tenner on it will buy u 4000 shares atmo....so every 1p it goes up you make 4 quid.  excluding commision charges.

enjoy. !! 

btw i got few hundred on it.

This is dodgy stuff - you have NO idea what they are going to use the money to get into - it could be some Russian oil company or some Canadian mining stock

One thing is for sure the little guys normally get burnt

Who are the guys behind it?  What is their track record??

I think there is some Isreali tech stock guys in this but its only started to move in the last 8 days

"To further resolve that the company will be an active investor and the acquisition should be made within the next six

months, if possible, but certainly no later than 30 June 2007, and to utilize the expertise of the members of the Board of Directors in the fields of finance, accounting and general business experience, in this respect".

In other words......... it could be owt

"Well if the info is on the website the share price will accurately reflect this reverse acquisition."

yes thats the theory, in practise thats bollocks though.  Share prices tend to not reflect what they are worth theoretically. 

Often in AIM market there are cheap shares, as the big investors fail to track ALL of the shares, it dont take the big guns long to catch up though. 

This share is worth a 20 quid punt, for the fun factor alone))

Put over 100 quid in it myself, as i semi trust the 2 blokes who spotted it; they are pretty good at picking shares.

OK....I'll be the guinea pig.  I'll invest 50 whole english pounds and see what happens.  Remember though....I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter who is in nursery and as a result og yout 'tip' she is about to go to nursery school next week with penny black plimsoles for the next 6 months because I'm prepared to wager her foot wear cash on account of your recommendation.  Way I see it is, your tip comes up then more cash for me on the old poker tables, your tip fails then my daughter is the next Zola Budd.  Watch this space.

Guest kockoutned

If womblemaster knows all this inside information, how much can we really trust the markets?

Free-market or some drunk Jewish guys throwing a dice and picking a random number every day?

ok a few more tips.....

for those who know nothing about share investing )

1)  your biggest enemy are the market makers, they are the evil scum of HELL>  they have one mission in live and thats to squeeze all the £ out of the private investors.  Sadly the way the stock market works in the uk, you have no option but to buy from them; they like the middle men who are getting the goods at wholesale and bumping the price up to sell on the the end user.  It sucks, but thats because we lost in 1066 and have been under feudalism ever since....any way thats another discussion....

so.....  its generally bad i dea to buy before 11am.  The MM`s jack the price up in the morning to sucker in the punters, then they sell off mid morning and the price dips.....and they go have a fat cat early lunch on their profits!

2)  buy on the dips.  ofcourse these arent always easy to spot.  These occur when profit takers bank their gains.  So you need to find a source of info that shows the share price in close to real time, or 15min delay.

3) find the cheapest broker you can to reduce your costs.  Theres loads of online brokers now.

For trading meh try, hargreaves-landsowne or tdwaterhouse. 

4) talk to other PI  (private investors)  do search for forums thers a few.  its good way of gauging general opinion on a share.  Tehres so retired stockbrokers on these forums, that are very generous with thier knowlege too ))

5)  dont panic )

hope that helps.

btw meh has risen 60%  in 2 days. @  9am price today.  it might be due for a cooling off from the profit takers.  so dont buy in big style atmo.  50 quid tho is worth it)

ps.  also tip tanfield.  local engineering firm in washington.  is the WORLDS leading supllier of electric vehicles.  buy NOW before friday.

its gonna top 80p next week.  This share is a darling of the market, everyone loves it.  It feels great for me too, investing in NE company thats a world beater)))

"OK....I'll be the guinea pig.  I'll invest 50 whole english pounds and see what happens.  Remember though....I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter who is in nursery and as a result og yout 'tip' she is about to go to nursery school next week with penny black plimsoles for the next 6 months because I'm prepared to wager her foot wear cash on account of your recommendation.  Way I see it is, your tip comes up then more cash for me on the old poker tables, your tip fails then my daughter is the next Zola Budd.  Watch this space"

tbh it sounds like bad investing decision then......you should only play the markets with money you can spare.  IF you lose the fifty quid its your fault not mine. 

maybe best to put 30quid on and buy 20 quid trianers??  rember this is a bit of fun, it wont turn you into a millionaire!!!

"1)  your biggest enemy are the market makers, they are the evil scum of HELL>  they have one mission in live and thats to squeeze all the £ out of the private investors.  Sadly the way the stock market works in the uk, you have no option but to buy from them; they like the middle men who are getting the goods at wholesale and bumping the price up to sell on the the end user.  It sucks, but thats because we lost in 1066 and have been under feudalism ever since....any way thats another discussion...."

Explain?  Surely on AIM and the main market you deal with a stockbroker (execution only if you have any sense) and that matches buyers and sellers - I use one and get a quote instantly

the biggest problem with crap stocks is that there is limited liquidity - so even tho there is a price quoted you may have to pay more or accept less to get someoen to take the deal - which is another reason to stay clear of this sort of s***

if there is a fall maybe NO ONE wants to buy your stock

I get spam every fucking day telling me stuff like this.  I never get 'enlarge your cock' or 'sexy singles want to meet you' just "THIS STOCK IS GOING TO EXPLODE" "HOT TIP, VPL IS GOING TO GO BALLISTIC ON MONDAY!" day after day.

I get the exact same spam, at least 5 a day. Anyone know how to stop it? Each spam email is from a different address, usually just someones first name.

again i tip tanfield.  its still under £1 and going up fast.  They won an order from marks and spencer today.  Next week they will win more orders from usa.

90p+ by tue imo.

meh is taking a pause, which is good chance to buy in.  It will rocket within 3 weeks tho......

" Surely on AIM and the main market you deal with a stockbroker "  do some research.  google market maker or something.

All brokers buy FROM market makers. 

On the London Stock Exchange (LSE) there are official market makers for many securities (but not for shares in the largest and most heavily traded companies, which instead use an automated system, SETS.) Some of the LSE's member firms take on the obligation of always making a two way price in each of the stocks in which they make markets. It is their prices which are displayed on the Stock Exchange Automated Quotation system, and it is with them that ordinary stockbrokers generally have to deal when buying or selling stock on behalf of their clients.

Proponents of the official market making system claim market makers add to the liquidity and depth of the market by taking a short or long position for a time, thus assuming some risk, in return for hopefully making a small profit. On the LSE one can always buy and sell stock: each stock always has at least two market makers and they are obliged to deal.

I can't see how this makes them "evil scum of hell"; they buy they sell and make a turn on each trade - so what's wrong?  Would you rather have to bid to an individual every time you wanted to buy or sell FFS

I get the exact same spam, at least 5 a day. Anyone know how to stop it? Each spam email is from a different address, usually just someones first name.

Only get it on an old account I don't use all that much, so it doesn't bother me too much - my email client (Thunderbird) filters out about three quarters of it and moves it straight to my junk, but obviously with it just being from a different name with a line of poetry attached to the bottom of it, some of it gets through.

Get yourself gmail, their spam filter gets nearly everything right. Very, very occasionally I have to get rid of spam manually or retrieve something legit from the spam folder, but hardly ever.