The Transfer Window?

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How does the current transfer window suit you? Do you think its helped in any way, or do you think that its strangled smaller clubs as they cant buy and sell when they need to?

Is it another part of football that doesn't apply to actual life and how business and contracts are dealt with?

What would you do with it?

I'd personally scrap it and have it either open all year long, or revert back to old.

Id keep it as it is.

As a supporter of a club that has good players to sell but no money to buy them from others, its nice to have most of the year away from thought that Micah Richards is going to sign for Chelsea in the morning and whatnot.

I also like the way it encourages proper squad management...no more panic buying every time the star striker breaks a nail, I think its nice to see young players given a chance for a game or two or ten. Football is getting pretty boring, I'm glad to see some fresh faces once in a while rather than the same old journeymen being whored about.

I'm not a fan and I'm sure it will disappear sooner rather than later as it must be considered a constraint on trade so I'm just waiting for a team to challenge it in a European court

Hope so.

But it was brought in to get us in line with other European clubs as they had windows. Basically if its to dissapear it will have to across Europe, something i doubt they'll take lightly.

I'm not a fan and I'm sure it will disappear sooner rather than later as it must be considered a constraint on trade so I'm just waiting for a team to challenge it in a European court

Hope so.

But it was brought in to get us in line with other European clubs as they had windows. Basically if its to dissapear it will have to across Europe, something i doubt they'll take lightly.

I think the original premise was related to this able to break a contract after 3 years business. The idea being the windows were a compromise to ensure some order. I always suspected it was as much to do with your point, though.