Fire death man set himself alight!

Nobby

Fire death man set himself alight

A man has died after setting himself on fire during a domestic incident at a house in Northumberland.

David McCarthy, 33, of Moorland Avenue in Bedlington, doused himself with an accelerant before setting it alight. He died later in hospital.

Police had been called to Moorland Avenue after receiving a report of threatening behaviour.

The incident, on Tuesday night, has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/6316519.stm

Wonder why its gone to IPCC?

Spokesblurk said it was "standard procedure" or something -  The coppers were in the house at the time, I think they refer it to the IPCC by default if someone dies while in custody or while being arrested or whatever.

• 1 year later...

it was bound to happen,especially with a name like "fire death man"

I was reminded of this the other day when I read a report on the suicides in that Welsh town which was headed "Suicide boy lived in death town"

If you live in Death Town naming your kid Suicide Boy is just asking for trouble.

I was reminded of this the other day when I read a report on the suicides in that Welsh town which was headed "Suicide boy lived in death town"

If you live in Death Town naming your kid Suicide Boy is just asking for trouble.

and his siblings, death plunge boy, hit and run victim and little sister mastiff mauled girl

:lol:

I knew a bloke who set himself on fire.  Still see his wife and kids now and then.  :weep:

He was called John though, so we never saw it coming.

what was his surname though ? john vesta could have been a giveaway or if his parents were called bryant and may........

have i took this as far as possible ?

I knew a bloke who set himself on fire.  Still see his wife and kids now and then.  :weep:

what was his surname though ? john vesta could have been a giveaway or if his parents were called bryant and may........

to match point at least

:lol: You're on fire!

Cleaner at my old work's brother set himself on fire. Same chap?