Dyer not a Midfield player!

Dragon55544

After tonight its clear Dyer shouldnt be played in midfiled!!!! Up front is where he's best and it seems he has a good understanding with Martins. When Dyer moved into midfield he wasnt all that good, He have a great engine but he aint a big tackler and when he does surge forward he leaves a huge gap in midfield. I dont even think he's a RW because he aint that good at crossing.

I suppose he could play attacking midfiled sat just behind the striker in a 4-51 but i feel his best position is up front where his pace is best used. He finishing has also improved.

Was just thinking about the exact same! It's really difficult to mark Dyer when he's playing up front or just behind the striker. In midfield he's not as useful, since his creativity or tackling aren't that good, and he plays in less wide area. The sad thing is that Dyer will never get to play in this best position of his once we are past our injury nightmare.. well in the end it's not that sad if our attacking line is Owen-Martins :rolleyes:

Why have Kieron Dyer, what, 27 is he now, and Newcastle United only just realised that up front might be his best position?

He's played right back, right wing, central midfield and up front in his career with us, as well as the odd role down the left. He should have identified his best position when he was a bloody teenager and spent his formative years working on finishing and the like. Good player but a waste of greater talent.

Well thats a bloody convenient relief considering we have only one other option of front with Martins..

Look for a statement saying we were happy enough that the Martins/Dyer partnership would blossom to waste money on someone that wouldnt be any better than what we have got..

Have to agree, bringing in someone just as good but no better than Martins would have really upset me.

Why have Kieron Dyer, what, 27 is he now, and Newcastle United only just realised that up front might be his best position?

He's played right back, right wing, central midfield and up front in his career with us, as well as the odd role down the left. He should have identified his best position when he was a bloody teenager and spent his formative years working on finishing and the like. Good player but a waste of greater talent.

Agreed

I remember Sven goran erikson using him as a Striker,and he was well known to be more of a striker then a winger when playing for england

Someone shouldve told us that..

Against Birmingam he played CM and we were alwful that day

One of the reasons i think was because of this

His best position is upront because of his pace O0

I actually think he makes decent runs aswell, His finishing as improved a lot and he aint to bad linking up with midfield. Everytime this season when Dyer has moved into midfield it hasnt just effected his game but also the teams performance.

It would be nice to see an attacking 3 of Dyer,Martins and Owen in a 4-3-3 but tbh i dont think we have the players who'd cope in a 3 man midfield.

Dyer is a striker, doesn't matter how unfair it is to Sibbers, I want him on the bench for a Dyer/Martins partnership.

Actually, I'd even prefer Sibbers to be AM (he played there in City didn't he?) to allow for Martins and Dyer

Butt is out for Fulham, yeah?

Parker

Milner                        Duff

Sibierski

Dyer              Martins

Guest Gemmill

Dyer is a striker, doesn't matter how unfair it is to Sibbers, I want him on the bench for a Dyer/Martins partnership.

Actually, I'd even prefer Sibbers to be AM (he played there in City didn't he?) to allow for Martins and Dyer

Butt is out for Fulham, yeah?

Parker

Milner                        Duff

Sibierski

Dyer              Martins

Sibierski shouldn't be in the first 11 at all tbh.  Had a nice run where he kept scoring when we first got him but he's plainly not good enough.

I'd agree his best position is an advanced one. I'd like to see him tried as one of the wider strikers in a 4-3-3 (which I think is what Souness was intending), but failing that I think he's been very good as the withdrawn striker, in a free role in a 4-4-2.

He does okay in midfield, but his passing and crossing lets him down a bit.

Alot of the good CAM aren`t that good at tackling. Its the linking between attack and midfield with the odd goal that counts. Scholes can`t tackle for shit but it doesn`t make him a striker. He did play well upfront and proved he can score good goals with his head too.

To be honest I was surprised Dyer played the full 90 minutes he was scared to run after pulling his back twice in the first 10 minutes. He did the odd few sprints but I wouldn't be surprised if his missed the Fulham game with the injury.

someone mentioned earlier that dyer in midfield was the reason we lost to birmingham, i thought he was our most useful player in that game. We were obviously woeful in that game but i thought that anything positive (however remotely) came through him so i dont think he is that bad in midfield.

Also, am i the only one that thinks the ball hit the top of dyers head and got a bit lucky with the finish with his goal yesterday? Did make me laugh as I play up front for my team and its great when shit you dont mean goes in!lol

someone mentioned earlier that dyer in midfield was the reason we lost to birmingham, i thought he was our most useful player in that game. We were obviously woeful in that game but i thought that anything positive (however remotely) came through him so i dont think he is that bad in midfield.

Also, am i the only one that thinks the ball hit the top of dyers head and got a bit lucky with the finish with his goal yesterday? Did make me laugh as I play up front for my team and its great when shit you dont mean goes in!lol

That made me laugh, imaging Milner thinking, i`m going to score here but If I can just rebound it in off someones head, looks up, Dyers will do.

Seriously though I think he knew what he was doing.

I agree 100% Dyer needs to play uptop or wide rtight, but uptop with Martins is whewre he is best, playing him in midfield costs us twice because Martisn is not in the gsame as much without Dyer next to him..