Toon next Dubai gadgies target

Guest smoggeordie

Not keen.  Their plans for using Liverpool as a short term investment sounded ropey.  Plus it's in the Daily Mail.

Its better to try them instead of letting Fat Fred making nothing about this club

Guest Gemmill

Agree with NUFC06! Cannot believe that there are still people who are satisfied with Fat Fred. Anyone is better than this fat git...

Unfortunately that's not true.  I'm sure there are many that would be an improvement, but to say that "anyone is better" isn't right.  You want something for the long term, and this Dubai thing sounded anything but long term.

I got your point, but do you honestly think that FF is for the long term??? Even a short term solution would suit me right now (with the main aim that FF is leaving). I don't want to hear anymore lies from our "super geordie"...

I got your point, but do you honestly think that FF is for the long term??? Even a short term solution would suit me right now (with the main aim that FF is leaving). I don't want to hear anymore lies from our "super geordie"...

I think I'd rather have Shepherd in full-control than this Dubai lot, when I put my sensible cap on at least. There is a reason why Liverpool didn't accept the offer... granted, it may just be that Gillet "the best a man can get" will offer them more cash, but it might also have been that they realised they'd be villanised as well if DIC got their way and used the mighty reds as a cash cow (it would be a sin rivalled only by mass genocide, in fairness).

It is a worry that we're falling behind a host of clubs financially, though. Suppose we've lived a charmed life since the Hall days in that respect and I can't help but feel that we missed the boat on numerous occasions. Proof that money without sensible management isn't as great as it sounds.

Guest nufc_geordie
Gillet "the best a man can get"

Common misconception to be honest. That is how he managed to take over the Montreal Canadian ice hockey team. People actually thought he was the Gillette i.e. razors bloke but he isn't. His name isn't even spelt the same.

People used the "cash cow" theorie when Glazer became MUFC owner...but then, nothing really changed, right?!?!? And everybody suggested if anyone is looking for money, than surely this guy...

Probably I've missed some financial related activities made by Malcolm Glazer?

Not keen.  Their plans for using Liverpool as a short term investment sounded ropey.  Plus it's in the Daily Mail.

Its better to try them instead of letting Fat Fred making nothing about this club

Well thats not true.

I love the way people get so excited at the mere mention of a takeover, despite knowing nothing about it. If I took over the club would you all be like 'OMG he's better than Fred!', because I really wouldn't be. :lol:

Common misconception to be honest. That is how he managed to take over the Montreal Canadian ice hockey team. People actually thought he was the Gillette i.e. razors bloke but he isn't. His name isn't even spelt the same.

I did know that, mate. Was merely an apparently ill-fated attempt at a pun. Miserable bugger.

And are you telling me the entire city of Montreal, and the owners of the Canadiens in particular (probably respectful businessmen in their own right) didn't realise the spelling was different? These aren't Americans we're talking about here, you know? ;D It would be highly amusing, though!

"...So you AREN'T the bloke with the razors!?  Gosh-darn it!"

Guest Gemmill

I did know that, mate. Was merely an apparently ill-fated attempt at a pun. Miserable bugger.

And are you telling me the entire city of Montreal, and the owners of the Canadiens in particular (probably respectful businessmen in their own right) didn't realise the spelling was different? These aren't Americans we're talking about here, you know? ;D It would be highly amusing, though!

Canadiens former board member:  "Can you believe he's spelt his name wrong right the way through the entire bid document?  You'd think a bloke who'd made billions selling razors would be a bit sharper than that.  Geddit?  Sharper?  Razors?  Oh fuck off then!"

Canadiens former board member:  "Can you believe he's spelt his name wrong right the way through the entire bid document?  You'd think a bloke who'd made billions selling razors would be a bit sharper than that.  Geddit?  Sharper?  Razors?  Oh fuck off then!"

Classic Scott Gemmill material. He's here all day folks... as always. ;D

Well thats not true.

I love the way people get so excited at the mere mention of a takeover, despite knowing nothing about it. If I took over the club would you all be like 'OMG he's better than Fred!', because I really wouldn't be. :lol:

I dont know much about Dubai company but i know alot about Shepherd and all of the nufc fans knows that he is a liar and just dont want this club to develop,he has been lying us for years and made alot of profit for him using fans money

This club is not developing,its going into the wrong direction since SBR was sacked and its all fat fred's fault

So i prefer to have some change around here.I cant stand this mediocre existence anymore

All of you have said that doesnt want/like shepard and when there is a chance of him being replaced you back off!

The Dubai company (DIS) got loads of money,and i do mean loads of money

Even if they are going to use us for the short term,we will have a fantastic team to bulid on (maybe a good manager aswell?)

I won't be too botherd if they buy our club,at least then we might actually win something

Well thats not true.

I dont know much about Dubai company but i know alot about Shepherd and all of the nufc fans knows that he is a liar and just dont want this club to develop,he has been lying us for years and made alot of profit for him using fans money

This club is not developing,its going into the wrong direction since SBR was sacked and its all fat fred's fault

So i prefer to have some change around here.I cant stand this mediocre existence anymore

All of you have said that doesnt want/like shepard and when there is a chance of him being replaced you back off!

Better the devil you know.

I would be very, very happy with this.

I've done a bit of work for a couple businesses run by the Maktoum's both in the UK and Dubai. The impression I get is that they run a very tight ship and are quite hands on. Just because they are massively rich, does not mean that they will p**s money away though..

On the other hand winning is important to them. If buying something will improve the chances of winning then…… :thup:

Again this is just my impression. It may be wrong.

TC

Guest SwissMagpie

Sounds pure speculation.Daily Mail just did 1+1.SJH wants to sell his shares,we are under takover roumors for about 6 months.

the use of "could be"just shows that its their speculation.

Haven't been following it that closely, but I was under the impression that that was just a rumour spread by bitter Evertonians. Was there actually some basis in it?

Well thats not true.

Better the devil you know.

I doubt anything will happen so...

But i still think that fat fred is not doing this club any good

Guest Gemmill

Haven't been following it that closely, but I was under the impression that that was just a rumour spread by bitter Evertonians. Was there actually some basis in it?

I don't know actually because I never read an article to that effect or anything - most of what I heard was on 5 Live, and was that they saw it as a short term investment and planned to divest within 7 years.  You might be right like, cos the profits that were being talked about sounded pretty much impossible within that time period.

It is a worry that we're falling behind a host of clubs financially, though.

Are we though?

Obviously we're falling behind the teams regularly in the CL as the money from that increases, but it's irrelevant to Chelsea anyway, Man U have always had loads to spend, and Arsenal have a new stadium to pay off. Liverpool and Arsenal haven't spent anywhere near the full amount they have pulled in from being in the CL in recent years.

As for the recent takeover clubs, well they may have an initial burst of spending promised to the old owners to make them and the new owners look good and get the fans on their side, but don't expect them to keep pouring in money year on year that isn't generated by the club. Don't think all these takeovers are being done by altruistic philanthropists just in it for the love of the game, and solely for the good of the team being taken over. They're in it to make money. They may be better than the old regime, but then again they may be even more incompetent, and just be content to spend the bare minimum to keep the team in the Premiership and sit back and share out the new TV cash amongst the themselves, reaping a healthy return on their investment.

Remember, there's a consortium out there looking for a club with a Mr G. Souness at the helm. Be careful what you wish for.

I don't know actually because I never read an article to that effect or anything - most of what I heard was on 5 Live, and was that they saw it as a short term investment and planned to divest within 7 years.  You might be right like, cos the profits that were being talked about sounded pretty much impossible within that time period.

I wouldn't mind 7 years of no debts, big investments and hopefully some trophies and then being sold on.

No problem with that whatsoever.