Which contracts you would renew/release?

NUFC06

All contracts of the following players runs out on 06.2007

Which one's you would renew and which players you will release?

1.Nolberto Solano-definitely renew his contract for at least 2 more years.He was great for us as RB.Wish he could be 25 :thup:

2.Oguchialu Chilioke "Oguchi" Onyewu-depends on his performance during this 13 games left of the season.I hope he will do well and sign a permanent deal

3.Craig Moore-we dont need him and he clearly said he wants to return to Australia.Released

4.Titus Malachi Bramble-he is still 25 and i dont know why but despite all the costly mistakes he made this season i still have some faith in him and believe he can produce some terrific performance for us.Renew his contract.im not sure for how long :)

5.Antoine Sibierski-he is 32.Started the season really well.Looked good and scored some important goals.Right now he looks really slow,cant win a header in the air and doesnt look in good shape.It depends who will sign in the summer.Maybe renew his contract for 1 more year.Not too sure though

6.Pavel Srnicek-we spoiled his retirement before the New Year so its time for him to go home O0.Release him

7.David Edward Edgar-for the 3 games he has played for us he looked quite good even managed to score great goal against Man Utd so there is a future for this young lad at this club IMO.Renew his contract.maybe for 3-4 years

8.Olivier Bernard-i hope he will be the player he used to be but i dont think that will happen.I think Roeder will release him and if we buy some decent lb,Babayaro will be 2nd choice.Released

9.Alan O'Brien-he has some pace and he is quick.I really cant decide about him.?

10.Philip Adam Cave-never seen him play so maybe someone who actually saw him play can say anything about him

11.Kristopher Gate-same as Cave

Thoughts

1.Nolberto Solano - 1 year

2.Oguchialu Onyewu - No idea

3.Craig Moore - release

4.Titus Bramble - 2 years

5.Antoine Sibierski - 1 year max

6.Pavel Srnicek- release

7.David Edward Edgar - 5 years

8.Olivier Bernard - release

9.Alan O'Brien - 2 years, look to sell

10.Phil  Cave - release

11.Kris Gate- release

Guest smoggeordie

3.Craig Moore - release

6.Pavel Srnicek- release

10.Phil  Cave - release

11.Kris Gate- release

Why would you release the captain of the reserve team?

Guest Gemmill

Until Roeder learns how to sign people in the transfer window, we need to be renewing every fucker's contract or we'll end up with fewer than 11 players.

3.Craig Moore - release

6.Pavel Srnicek- release

10.Phil  Cave - release

11.Kris Gate- release

Why would you release the captain of the reserve team?

because Roeder said he won't get a chance at 1st team

3.Craig Moore - release

6.Pavel Srnicek- release

10.Phil  Cave - release

11.Kris Gate- release

Agree with everything but that. 5 years is WAY too long for someone who has made very few first team starts, 3 years is more than long enough.

Guest Knightrider

I'd get rid of the following:

Carr (sell)

Ramage (sell)

Babayaro (sell)

Moore (leaving anyway)

Srnicek (release)

Bernard (release)

Emre (sell)

Luque (sell)

Sibbers (release)

Pattison (sell)

Duff (sell)

I'd hand out new contracts to Milner and sign Onyewu if he does well on a permanent deal. I'd also extend Nobby's deal a further year.

That is a lot of players I know but most of them are ueseless eaters and serve no puprose fit or otherwise. Sibbers will be 34 next season and even less mobile, thanks for your time pal but you need to be playing week in week out at your age at a lower level. If we have to call on him next season, we'll have failed again to strengthen. Duff and Emre are big injury prone wage earners who are hit and miss and players we can do without, they are also saleable so could fetch between them maybe £10m that could be spent on two new full-backs. Luque goes without saying, he has no future at the club and whatever we can get for him would be a bonus, or even a swap. I'd persist with Bramble for the time being as you can never have too many centre-backs and he is the best of a bad bunch outside of Taylor and not a bad squad player to have really, the same applies to Ameobi.

I'd keep Edgar and Huntington who would replace Moore and Ramage in the squad, Carroll would replace Sibbers in the squad. I'd keep O'Brien and try and convert him to left-back. Nobby would become a RB full-stop and only used in midfield if injuries occur. I'd also promote Triosi into the squad.

Our core squad pre-new signings would be:

Shay

Harper

Krul

(very strong in that area)

Taylor

Onyewu

Bramble

Huntington

Edgar

Solano

O'Brien

(needs investment on full-backs and another CB)

Dyer

Milner

Parker

Butt

N'Zogbia

Triosi

(needs investment, two CM's)

Martins

Owen

Ameobi

Carroll

(needs investment, 1 new CF)

So we'd need 6 new players max, 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and one striker.

I'd go for: Defence

Distin (cheap, experienced, can play LB or CB - utility player)

Hoyte (I've been very impressed and would test Arsenal with a bid, he'll do, not great but not bad either, he can also play at LB, so again versatile)

Baines (he's impressed too, a tenacious little player who is good on the ball and gets foward a lot)

If we fail with Distin I'd try for Silvestre, he too can play LB and CB, very experienced, quick and more than good enough.

CM:

Appiah (athletic, strong, experienced, quick, good passer, can play DCM role or playmaker role)

Barton (I think if a good enough bid came in, he'll be off in the Summer, he's improved a lot to and a bit of an all-rounder, would provide drive, goals and assists, far more effective than Emre)

Up front:

We need a leader of the line IMO, someone who can rough up defenders and act as a foil for Owen and/or Martins to play off. There are not many about but I'd try for Crouch, after being won over by him.

We don't have to spend big, on big names, I'd far rather we didn't actually. I don't think we should pay crazy money for young potentials either ala Bale or Barnes (not seen much of them anyway to comment).

Easier said than done of course and I know this is CMtastic but we need a major overhaul in defence and midfield.

A squad of 26 outfield players should be enough, even after all those outgoings. Quality is better than quantity, and by looking at versatile players, we should be covered in some positions.

Not that any of this will happen like, I'm not even confident we'll sign players these days.

Carr (sell)

Ramage (sell)

Babayaro (sell)

Moore (leaving anyway)

Srnicek (release)

Bernard (release)

Emre (sell)

Luque (sell)

Sibbers (release)

Pattison (sell)

Duff (sell)

Agree with that, i'd also try and get Owen & Dyer off the books. Hopefully Dyer doesn't pick up another injury till the end of the season, continues to play well, and clubs start to ask questions again. As for Owen, one big expense we dont need. If someone would take a chance then great, but i feel we'll have him for another season at least, lets just hope he comes back flying and is worth somewhere near the money we paid and pay him.

Parker & Butt are two other players who again i wouldn't be too bothered about letting go for the right price.

But the ones you've listed are priority to sell.

I don't agree with 6 players max, you have just got shot of 11 players there and brought in 6 that means we are actually 5 players down on our current squad numbers. Another season of injuries like the last 2 and we're even more screwed.

Carr (sell)

Ramage (sell)

Babayaro (sell)

Moore (leaving anyway)

Srnicek (release)

Bernard (release)

Emre (sell)

Luque (sell)

Sibbers (release)

Pattison (sell)

Duff (sell)

Agree with that, i'd also try and get Owen & Dyer off the books. Hopefully Dyer doesn't pick up another injury till the end of the season, continues to play well, and clubs start to ask questions again. As for Owen, one big expense we dont need. If someone would take a chance then great, but i feel we'll have him for another season at least, lets just hope he comes back flying and is worth somewhere near the money we paid and pay him.

Parker & Butt are two other players who again i wouldn't be too bothered about letting go for the right price.

If we sell all the players you mentioned  then in the summer we will need to buy at least 10 players

I think that Owen,Dyer,Parker are the leaders of this team alongside Nobby

and Butt is getting old so its necessary  to find him replacement in the summer

I have to agree with you guys about Emre.He is big disappointment to me.He has scored only 3 goals for us since joining and i think that Taylor has more then him and only this season+he is another injury prone and always looking for a scandal.But if we sell Butt and Emre we will need another 2 players for the CM.I doubt we will find the founds to buy so much players!!!

Guest Knightrider

I don't agree with 6 players max, you have just got shot of 11 players there and brought in 6 that means we are actually 5 players down on our current squad numbers. Another season of injuries like the last 2 and we're even more screwed.

True, but most of that 11 rarely figure and are at best, back-up to back-up so are expendible IMO, or useless eaters who miss most of the season while picking up decent wages and only really of benefit when down to the bare bones. The idea is to bring in quality players who when fit will give us better results meaning if we do have some injuries to those players, we'll be better placed in the league thanks to their quality when fit, to not nosedive or suffer league wise.

Toon's Taylor, I'd get rid of Dyer and Owen too if it were up to me, too big an injury risk and too draining on those wages. If we could get 12m for the pair I'd take it, seriously. However I doubt the club would consider such a loss on fees and there is still a small glimmer of hope that Owen can return and score goals aplenty, in which case he'll be invaluable.

Bramble has to go, I hope we don't offer this donkey another contract extension, he's just too inconsistent and NOT GOOD ENOUGH. He's not good enough to get into most EPL teams so we should not be offering him a new 5 year deal.we'll never learn. Can't believe some want him to get a new contract, he hasnt improved in the 4 or 5 years that he's been here and STILL makes the same mistakes over and over again   :rolleyes:

Lets get some proper defenders in for once

Carr (sell)

Ramage (sell)

Babayaro (sell)

Moore (leaving anyway)

Srnicek (release)

Bernard (release)

Emre (sell)

Luque (sell)

Sibbers (release)

Pattison (sell)

Duff (sell)

If we sell all the players you mentioned  then in the summer we will need to buy at least 10 players

I think that Owen,Dyer,Parker are the leaders of this team alongside Nobby

and Butt is getting old so its necessary  to find him replacement in the summer

I have to agree with you guys about Emre.He is big disappointment to me.He has scored only 3 goals for us since joining and i think that Taylor has more then him and only this season+he is another injury prone and always looking for a scandal.But if we sell Butt and Emre we will need another 2 players for the CM.I doubt we will find the founds to buy so much players!!!

As long as we get good prices for these players then we'll have money to replace them.

£12m Owen, £6m Dyer, £6m Emre, £10m Parker, £8m Duff, £3m Luque, £1.5m Butt plus £3m for the rest of the shit.

Not only would we raise funds, plus have an extra £20m from the new TV deal, but we'd get rid of all our daft high earners who are not worth the money.

Potentially £70m there to spend, just hire a better manager to spend it  O0

Its all pie in the sky talk, and its not going to pan out like that. We'll be lucky to get rid of Carr, Baba, Moore and replace them with proper players.

If we do that then i'll be happy enough for next season.

Carr (sell) Would we get a fee?

Ramage (sell)Would we get a fee?

Babayaro (sell)Would we get a fee?

Moore (leaving anyway)

Srnicek (release)

Bernard (release)

Emre (sell)

Luque (sell)

Sibbers (release)

Pattison (sell)Are Sainsbury's in the habit of paying transfer fees for shelf stackers? He'd probably lose his place and go to Aldi on a free.

Duff (sell)Would he pass a rigorous medical? (Ours being "Can you raise arms in the air with SJP in the background"

Guest shaun11177

i dont think anyone is under any allusions its going to be really tough in the transfer market next pre-season but the priority must be DEFENCE DEFENCE DEFENCE.

Roeder seems vey keen on Curtis Davies.-with Gooch,Taylor+Bramble.

Then 2 full backs

Bridge/Baines/Konchesky

Hoyte/Rosenior

Carr.Moore and Ramage goodbye   Huntington+Edgar send out on loan like Arsenal do.

i dont think anyone is under any allusions its going to be really tough in the transfer market next pre-season but the priority must be DEFENCE DEFENCE DEFENCE.

Roeder seems vey keen on Curtis Davies.-with Gooch,Taylor+Bramble.

Then 2 full backs

Bridge/Baines/Konchesky

Hoyte/Rosenior

Carr.Moore and Ramage goodbye  Huntington+Edgar send out on loan like Arsenal do.

I'd keep them at the club tbh.

They dont require loaning, just more games at this level, and can be the back-up to the expensive signings we need (baines, Davies)

Better having them on the bench than Carr, Baba or Moore. And no one decent is going to sign to play second fiddle.

Guest Toonman37

Well i would definetly renew Sibierskis contract and Solano.  And get Huntington and Edgar new contracts good  prospects for the future.

Players i would get rid of is  = Babayaro,  Bramble,  Luque  And  Moore

Guest shaun11177

The thing about Huntington and Edgar is that they are centre backs so if you have taylor,the yank,bramble who Roeder seems to like+sign Davies how many games are these 2 going to get,i dont want to see them buggering about at fullback.

Its the same situation upfront-you have Owen,Martins,Ameobi,a new striker,Dyer-who cannot be relied upon in midfield+there is talk of another year for Sibierski=6 strikers.

The squad must balance-2 players for each position.

The thing about Huntington and Edgar is that they are centre backs so if you have taylor,the yank,bramble who Roeder seems to like+sign Davies how many games are these 2 going to get,i dont want to see them buggering about at fullback.

Its the same situation upfront-you have Owen,Martins,Ameobi,a new striker,Dyer-who cannot be relied upon in midfield+there is talk of another year for Sibierski=6 strikers.

The squad must balance-2 players for each position.

Hunty is capable at fullback, and provides the cheap cover im talking about. Same with Ramage, and possibly Edgar. I've heard Edgar can also play in mid as a holding man, this was a while ago mind, he might have phased himself out of that position to concentrate on being a defender.

With these three players, which cost nowt, and very little on the wage bill, we have capable cover.

We need to sign two new LB's, one of great stature such as Baines, and another (young, cheap, hungry) to challenge him, dont know who though. This will then leave those 3 covering the centre and RB position.

IF Bramble stays, and Gooch is good, alongside Taylor we've got some options at the back. I would however like to revert Nobby back into mid, and have him as back up to the RB position and Milner on the right next season, this means buying another player of good stature in the RB position.

If we do that, were sorted at the back for next season.

LB:

Baines or £5m+ player

Young natural LB £1-2m

Edgar

Hunty

CB:

Taylor

Gooch

Bramble

Ramage

Hunty

Edgar

RB:

New £5m+ player

Ramage

Solano

Hunty

Thats the cover we need, and its not costing fortunes. As this season shows, its worth having.

I hope we can get rid of Baba and Carr but i think Roeder actually rates them

I remember not so long ago how Roeder said that everytime Babayaro had played he never let him down :idiot2:

I just dont think that Roeder will get rid of these two