Music Choice - Sky 395

Dave

Always known about this channel, but over the last few months i've started using it a lot more. Fucking pisses on the music video channels and digital radio stations; no adverts, decent choice of songs/genres (10 channels via red button), no breaks or trails whatsoever, pretty good sound quality (though i'm no audiophile) and all for free. There is an extra subscription channel on Sky 396 with more choices, but why bother? Just wish I could turn off the television and leave sound on, for some reason I end up watching it, even though there nothing to watch. :lol:

Spot on. :)

Its good, love the dance channel, have Sky running through my amp and at parties turned off the TV and left this running.

Had people asking what CD was on, and what track was that last night.

The day my music collection is so shit and fails to represent my personal taste so that I have to rely on sky to choose tracks for me, I'll let you know if I think it's any good.

What nonsense. :lol:

what sort of music does most people listen to on here then? i mainly like rock dont mind a bit of dance, does anybody listen to the wonder years on friday at 5 on radio one? i think thats awesome,well good way to end the week! :thup:

what sort of music does most people listen to on here then? i mainly like rock dont mind a bit of dance, does anybody listen to the wonder years on friday at 5 on radio one? i think thats awesome,well good way to end the week! :thup:

The wonder years goes from great one week to crap the next. Always the aim on a Friday to be in the car for 5 to get it on the radio though.

The wonder years goes from great one week to crap the next. Always the aim on a Friday to be in the car for 5 to get it on the radio though.

yeah i know, i finish at 4.30 so i tend to drive home slowly to catch some of it. yeah it lets u down sometimes but i think its pretty good most of the time. guess what tho, iiiiiiiittttss onnnnly blooooody friiiddaaaaayy!!

what kind of music is on it? If it's dance music/charv rubbish then I wont bother

'Channels':

Total Hits

Freedom

Dance Floor Fillers

Ultimate Urban

The Alternative

The Biggest Rock Anthems Ever

Revival 60s, 70s & 80s

Just Chillout

Silk Love Songs

Kids

I would say I mainly listen to Indie music. Wonder years is a good way to end the week.

and after actually goin on about it i actually missed all but the beginning of the wonder years today!! not the biggest fan of indie, its ok, although i really like razorlight, would you class them as indie? my favourite band by a mile is foo fighters!

Music choice used to be better. When we first got cable you could get it and it was a stand-alone thing with a separate box that plugged into your hi-fi, no picture, just tunes. About a 100-channels I think, done by genre and a remote that if you liked a particular tune you could press this button and it would show you the name of the tune, the artist, the album and the label it was released on. Then they just dumped it for some reason. :(

• 1 year later...

Always known about this channel, but over the last few months i've started using it a lot more. Fucking pisses on the music video channels and digital radio stations; no adverts, decent choice of songs/genres (10 channels via red button), no breaks or trails whatsoever, pretty good sound quality (though i'm no audiophile) and all for free. There is an extra subscription channel on Sky 396 with more choices, but why bother? Just wish I could turn off the television and leave sound on, for some reason I end up watching it, even though there nothing to watch. :lol:

Spot on. :)

Just like to reiterate this post. It's good. And thanks to the wonders of LCD televisions I can turn my screen off now. :thup: