NUFC in film

Happy Face

Inspired by the Goal thread, which films have a reference to NUFC or someone/something associated to the club?

In the last few weeks alone I've seen Toon references in Beast Cops, The Queen and Children of Men.

Escape to Victory has Ossie Ardiles in it.

Any others?

Inspired by the Goal thread, which films have a reference to NUFC or someone/something associated to the club?

In the last few weeks alone I've seen Toon references in Beast Cops, The Queen and Children of Men.

Escape to Victory has Ossie Ardiles in it.

Any others?

How?

Does the geordie lad in Dog Soldiers mention the toon when he's talking abut it being semi final day?

Havent seen it in ages but i could swear hes not got a Geordie accent, more Mackem/Durham if you ask me.

I dont remember any mention of a semi final - Wasn't the game they missed the  England 5-1 Germany game...?  :undecided:

The Geordie lad sings The Blaydon Races.

in Children of Men?

Yeah, near the end in the refugee camp. When the girl, the bloke and the French bloke get caught by them. He kills the French bloke and then sings it iirc.

The Geordie lad sings The Blaydon Races.

in Children of Men?

Yeah, near the end in the refugee camp. When the girl, the bloke and the French bloke get caught by them. He kills the French bloke and then sings it iirc.

Correct, I just watched it recently...

Not in a film but worth a mention was a few years ago, I got up and switched on the tv, Jerry Springer (US Version)came on and this family from Louisiana or somewhere were having a right go at this lad for something I cant quite remember but he was sitting there trying to defend himself whilst wearing a Newcastle top.

Totally random but stuck in my head none the less.

Does the geordie lad in Dog Soldiers mention the toon when he's talking abut it being semi final day?

Havent seen it in ages but i could swear hes not got a Geordie accent, more Mackem/Durham if you ask me.

Yes he does.

He states he wishes to be there than be on this mission, and goes on about the match all they way though, i think its the Toon match, but it could be England.

Chris robson who played Pvt. Joe Kirkley in that film used to live in my street until earing mega bucks (made a millionaire in band of brothers)

Not done owt since mind, think he's living someone very posh in London with his boyfriend.

Yes he does.

He states he wishes to be there than be on this mission, and goes on about the match all they way though, i think its the Toon match, but it could be England.

Chris robson who played Pvt. Joe Kirkley in that film used to live in my street until earing mega bucks (made a millionaire in band of brothers)

Not done owt since mind, think he's living someone very posh in London with his boyfriend.

He's in this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0483607/

Yes he does.

Ha, finally some work, lazy bones ;)

I see Sean Pertwee is in it as well (probably got him the job)

Cooper: Well, Ryan, you heard the score. Maybe one or two of us'll make it through this, but I don't care much for our chances. D'you like football?

Ryan: What? "They think it's all over", and all that crap? No I don't.

Cooper: Yeah, well Joe, you remember Joe? He liked football. He fuckin' lived for it.

Ryan: Is this relevant?

Cooper: He missed the most important match of his life for this bullshit exercise, and now he's dead along with two other mates I'd have rightfully given my right arm for. Too fuckin' right it's relevant.

Cooper: Well, Ryan, you heard the score. Maybe one or two of us'll make it through this, but I don't care much for our chances. D'you like football?

Ryan: What? "They think it's all over", and all that crap? No I don't.

Cooper: Yeah, well Joe, you remember Joe? He liked football. He fuckin' lived for it.

Ryan: Is this relevant?

Cooper: He missed the most important match of his life for this bullshit exercise, and now he's dead along with two other mates I'd have rightfully given my right arm for. Too fuckin' right it's relevant.

Thing is, he'd portrait as some hard football loving Geordie type, which is quite funny as he's about 5ft 5", gay, hates football and posh as fuk.  ;D

Yes he does.

Ha, finally some work, lazy bones ;)

I see Sean Pertwee is in it as well (probably got him the job)

also in this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0461887/

It was definetly the England-Germany 5-1 match that he was talking about. I'm sure of it. :knuppel2:

The ending has our hero (well, from the very beginning you knew there was only going to be one survivor) standing, stunned, in the smoking ruins of the cottage they've been defending all night, which would itself be a fitting ending, except that it's followed up with a wonderful touch of humour. Throughout the story one of the soldiers has been moaning about missing the England-Germany football game, and the final scene is a still of a tabloid newspaper. In huge, bold lettering is the headline "ENGLAND 5 GERMANY 1", and off to the side a grimacing photo of Cooper, the survivor, with the headline "Werewolves ate my platoon!".