Dyer in England squad

Dave

Well done. Keep it up. Parker in there too. :cheesy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6319849.stm

England (squad):

Robinson (Tottenham), Foster (Watford), Kirkland (Wigan); Gary Neville (Man Utd), Phil Neville (Everton), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), Woodgate (Middlesbrough), Bridge (Chelsea), Terry (Chelsea), Carragher (Liverpool), Dawson (Tottenham), Richards (Man City); Lennon (Tottenham), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Carrick (Man Utd), Downing (Midd'boro), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Parker (Newcastle), Lampard (Chelsea), Barry (Aston Villa), Barton (Man City), Jenas (Tottenham), Dyer (Newcastle); Rooney (Man Utd), Crouch (Liverpool), Defoe (Tottenham), Johnson (Everton).

Bits in bold make me laugh.

Aye, Parker being included makes me laugh anarl.

Dawson makes me laugh but there's no way Taylor should be in there either, if he was I'd laugh at that as well tbh. Good to see Woodgate back in there and I'm also pleased for Phil Neville, who is under-rated imo.

Well done. Keep it up. Parker in there too. :cheesy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6319849.stm

England (squad):

Robinson (Tottenham), Foster (Watford), Kirkland (Wigan); Gary Neville (Man Utd), Phil Neville (Everton), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), Woodgate (Middlesbrough), Bridge (Chelsea), Terry (Chelsea), Carragher (Liverpool), Dawson (Tottenham), Richards (Man City); Lennon (Tottenham), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Carrick (Man Utd), Downing (Midd'boro), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Parker (Newcastle), Lampard (Chelsea), Barry (Aston Villa), Barton (Man City), Jenas (Tottenham), Dyer (Newcastle); Rooney (Man Utd), Crouch (Liverpool), Defoe (Tottenham), Johnson (Everton).

Bits in bold make me laugh.

Great call to have Foster there, personally i would have dropped Robinson for James. James has been at least as good as all three of those keepers.

Good to see Dyer back and Barton included.

Still more than a few players that shouldnt be in there.

David James not even in the squad? He's been outperforming 'England's No1' for several months now.

Good point. James has every right to feel aggrieved, especially since Chris Kirkland's performances this season have had our household in stitches.

If Dawson is there i dont see why Taylor cant be too

Except the Birmingam game he has been fantastic for us this season

If you consider Milner's performance in recent matches and if you see SWP'performance in...(training sessions)i think Milner deserves call up

SWP is in the squad for the form he produced when he was at Man City.That was 2 years ago

Guest s0ftcore

Kirkland doesnt' deserve to be in the team. He had a shocker against Reading. All 3 goals were his fault. Agree that James should be given another chance

Shame Milner didn't make it though

Kirkland doesnt' deserve to be in the team. He had a shocker against Reading. All 3 goals were his fault. Agree that James should be given another chance

Shame Milner didn't make it though

We nearly wet ourselves watching the Wigan-Reading highlights. The bloke's a clown.

Robinson is not even in the top 10 best keepers in the prem, and playing terribly at the mo. Terry has got a back injury, or at least has had one keeping him out, Parkers hardly played in the last month or two... England is just such a piss poor set up, instead of picking in form players, we just always pick the same bunch.

Guest TampaToon

If you consider Milner's performance in recent matches and if you see SWP'performance in...(training sessions)i think Milner deserves call up

SWP is in the squad for the form he produced when he was at Man City.That was 2 years ago

Milner & Taylor have been named for the U21 match IIRC, i guess that's why they're not in over the likes of dawson and shaun "14 prem appearances, 1 assist" wright phillips

Milner & Taylor have been named for the U21 match IIRC, i guess that's why they're not in over the likes of dawson and shaun "14 prem appearances, 1 assist" wright phillips

If someone deserve a call up it doesnt matter that previously he was called for the U21 squad

I think Milner & Taylor deserves i call up as much as Dawson and SWP

Milner-This Season Appearances: 31(4)

Was it McClaren who dropped James? Can't remember, but if he did it smacks of the Beckham thing, where he's tried to make his point that we are moving on despite their current form*.

*Not saying Beckham has any, but you get my point.

Was it McClaren who dropped James? Can't remember, but if he did it smacks of the Beckham thing, where he's tried to make his point that we are moving on despite their current form*.

*Not saying Beckham has any, but you get my point.

Yes. James was in the World Cup squad.

I don't mind "moving on" if the older player was hanging on by his fingernails/being picked on reputation and there is a young player deserving a chance, but James is clearly a million years ahead of the woeful Blobinson. James, Foster and Carson should be the 3 goalies.

I'm not sure on players uch as Downing, SWP, Dawson, Jenas and the like. They really shouldn't be in the squad IMO but theyre not going to get a game so does it really matter? Better than training against cones. I can see the merits of keeping Milner back and giving him games for the U21s - better than sitting on the bench.

I'm glad Barton has gotten a chance too. I'm not convinced he's England standard as a player but hes got character and I hope he can foster some spirit in the camp - Far, far, far too many players in a comfort zone for England, especially Lampard. I'd start him and Barry and give him and Downing a kick up the arse but McClaren will probably go for Downing-Carrick-Lampard-Gerrard and they'll be shite again...sigh.

I don't think Dyer and Woodgate should have been picked myself. Not yet anyway. I don't think we should be considering players with questionable fitness records until theyve played a whole lot more than half a season in 3. Don't want to be taking players to championships if they can't be trusted to stay fit.

Guest TampaToon

If someone deserve a call up it doesnt matter that previously he was called for the U21 squad

I think Milner & Taylor deserves i call up as much as Dawson and SWP

Milner-This Season Appearances: 31(4)

it's debatable what the experience is worth, but i'd think those 2 would get more meaningful playing time in the U21 game where they're likely to be key cogs as opposed to the senior team where they'll just be thrown on for few minutes in garbage time....

in either case, if it helps keep those 2 hungry and in top club form, i'm all for the snub.

Aye, Parker being included makes me laugh anarl.

Dawson makes me laugh but there's no way Taylor should be in there either, if he was I'd laugh at that as well tbh. Good to see Woodgate back in there and I'm also pleased for Phil Neville, who is under-rated imo.

Both the Neville's are underrated, I'd argue. From what I've seen of Phil lately I think he's been immense, would have been a quality signing for us, although many would have poo-poo'ed it at the time. Wonder if we could snatch him in the summer? ...Seriously. Doubt he would join now like, and probably doesn't want to leave the North West.

Milner willl miss out as long as Lennon and SWP are fit, its the pace issue thats costing him and thats just daft but tis the way it is.

Dyer gets a well deserved place in the squad, greta boost for him but personaly I hope he does not get a game same with Parker too. Its a nothing game and we need them fit!