Gave up smoking...

Parky

...on Tuesday night. Been ill since, sore throat of all things (irony of ironies). Been dreaming of smoking and even making mental excuses to go in the cigarette shop to buy chocolate. Still holding firm.

...on Tuesday night. Been ill since, sore throat of all things (irony of ironies). Been dreaming of smoking and even making mental excuses to go in the cigarette shop to buy chocolate. Still holding firm.

Smokers tend to get ill when they give up because smoke not only kills humans, but bacteria too, meaning that when they stop the bacteria can form again and make them ill. Whenever I give up, I nearly always get a sore throat.

Good luck Parks, if you can go to the pub and make it through a night without smoking you're pretty much on the way to jacking it in, but I'd avoid them for a while, if I were you. ;)

You've just got to make it really awkward for you to smoke, therefore buying you time to come to your senses before you spark-up.

I'm really surprised how hard it is and how I think about cigarettes all the time.

You've just got to make it really awkward for you to smoke, therefore buying you time to come to your senses before you spark-up.

I'm really surprised how hard it is and how I think about cigarettes all the time.

You doing this cold turkey? Or you using some sort of quitting aid like NRT patches? 

You doing this cold turkey? Or you using some sort of quitting aid like NRT patches? 

Cold Turkey fella. Patches are for puffs. :rolleyes:

u puff on a patch???

Don't give in Parky! the first 2 weeks are the hardest, after that it gets easier by the day and before you know it, a year has gone by with out a ciggy. After awhile you'll notice you can smell things you never could before and all of a sudden eating is a real pleasure, I mean a real pleasure!. So hang in there!.

u puff on a patch???

:cheesy:

Don't give in Parky! the first 2 weeks are the hardest, after that it gets easier by the day and before you know it, a year has gone by with out a ciggy. After awhile you'll notice you can smell things you never could before and all of a sudden eating is a real pleasure, I mean a real pleasure!. So hang in there!.

Cheers man.

They do say after the first couple of weeks it really is a mental thing.

Yeah it is really! I gave up 25 years ago and never looked back

What was your golden rule if you had one?

no golden rule,it was enforced after losing his arms and legs in a very vicous toilet seat accident.(the reason he never looked back is whiplash)

Guest TheDutchman

Shall I send you some stuff from Amsterdam  O0 Really helps!

This is true. They say pipe it and no tobacco. ;)

Hang about!!

*wanders into other room*

Wahey!!

:bng: :hippy2: :happy10:

:lol:

Guest TheDutchman

;D But without kidding, I hope you're serious in your attemps to quit. Wish you good luck!

So glad I was so cool as a youngster I didnt need anything to improve upon what I already had ;)

i just always thought they stunk and the kids who smoked were the thick kids in the school.

"look at me ,i'm sooo grown up cos i'm smoking"

"errr no,you stink,you're not smoking the good stuff,and for at least 2month yet you won't get to kill  the craving that means you are addicted"

to this day i can't understand why people start smoking?

So glad I was so cool as a youngster I didnt need anything to improve upon what I already had ;)

i just always thought they stunk and the kids who smoked were the thick kids in the school.

"look at me ,i'm sooo grown up cos i'm smoking"

"errr no,you stink,you're not smoking the good stuff,and for at least 2month yet you won't get to kill  the craving that means you are addicted"

to this day i can't understand why people start smoking?

me neither... but then i never did!!!lol, both my parents smoke tho, and all my mates parents were non smokers and they started smokin, odd that!!!