Saving up for the summer i like the idea of this very much (official statement)

Guest nufc 4 life

Guest nufc 4 life

GR says he is starting to asses transfer targets going to see them play e.t.c seems like a pretty good idea to me just let GR do his job and give him a bit of time ffs.  O0

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~974999,00.html

let's hope its true

and there is other articles in the mail e.t.c saying he will be pursuing the same people and more

Guest nufc 4 life

Hasn't he said this before, and look at what happened!?!

Words mean very little, I'll believe it when I see some evidence of it.

yes but how do you know he didn't go after his targets and they wern't just available that came from FS mouth and GR's look on .cock for Shepherds full statemene and the way he praises Roeders transfer policy looks like GR may be here for the long run

Guest andynufc84

yes but how do you know he didn't go after his targets and they wern't just available that came from FS mouth and GR's look on .cock for Shepherds full statemene and the way he praises Roeders transfer policy looks like GR may be here for the long run

Glenn will be here until shearer takes the job

we need to sign at leat 4 quality players in the summer so this is encouraging if true

GR says he is starting to asses transfer targets going to see them play e.t.c seems like a pretty good idea to me just let GR do his job and give him a bit of time ffs.  O0

let's hope its true

and there is other articles in the mail e.t.c saying he will be pursuing the same people and more

Absolute fuckintg bullshit.

Guest nufc 4 life

Glenn will be here until shearer takes the job

we need to sign at leat 4 quality players in the summer so this is encouraging if true

very much agreed

Guest nufc 4 life

let's hope its true

Absolute fuckintg bullshit.

would be nice if you backed up your point with a valid statement rather than just simply fucking bullshit TBF

I don't, but there's little point in him saying this now, isn't there? Like I said, until I see some evidence they remain empty words.

Guest SeattleToon

I think a great deal of the problem is the fact that guys which we are targeting are getting priced into silly territory. Looks at what West Ham paid for Upson....7.5 million for a center half who's not even a England regular!!! Upson isn't any better than Onyewu, who we got on loan for a pittance.

Only good news... but to be honest he is just publicly announcing what we at the least should be expecting he do over the next couple of months.

He has a 6 month advantage on the last summer window he had, and he already has the targets from the January window under consideration.

I cant help but think although its looking like sound thinking, its just piling more pressure on himself and the players he gets in....

....either way its a lose lose situation that will have somone whinging.

Step 1 - Don't buy crap just because you are desperate. It wastes money.

Step 2 - Use your money wisely and buy the players you REALLY want.

So far, we have seen GR doing exactly Step 1, and a bit of Step 2.

Step 1-Dont promise something that you cant do

Step 2-That makes you a liar and you dissapoint everyone

Roeder did step 1 when promised to us back in the summer to sign at least 5 players and to reduce the average age of the squad.Then he signed 4 players(dont include Rossi because he was loan),one of these 4 hasnt still manage to play a game for us,the 2th is 32,the 3th so far is big dissapointment and the 4th player finally is world class.Then we are hit by the worst injury crisis in the history of the club and both Roeder and our beloved president promised that there will be signings in January...

Still Step 1-Roeder signed only 1 player and he is on loan...

So all of this lead to Step 2...

No offence nufc_4_life, but I find it utterly amazing how managers say things and people buy it so easily, like what they're saying is the easiest thing in the world.

This thread is a good example: http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=35783.0

Says he's modelling himself on Wenger and people think that's a brilliant thing! Well, I'll just model myself on Pele shall I? I'll go down on Monday, get myself a trial and be in the NUFC squad by the Liverpool game. Or Bill Gates, I'll be a billionaire within a year or two, dead easy.

Talk is cheap. He'd have been better off thinking about who he wanted to sign two transfer windows ago.

Guest Gemmill

He's full of shit.  He fucks up the transfer window and puts together some cock and bull story about how that's now his "policy".  Bollocks is it. 

Guest Gemmill

Actions speak louder than words as they say..

Exactly.  I'd rather he said nothing.  What's the point in unveiling your grand transfer plan after you've just fucked up your second successive transfer window. 

Sounds like you all want Roeder to go out and shoot his wad on a couple of players on a stop-gap basis and hope that they work out.

Then if the transfers are not run away sucesses, then you blame the manager for doing exactly what you asked for.

FFS, we'd all like to have back the 9M for Luque and the 9M for Boumsong, and have it to spend elsewhere. Well who is to say that Roeder didn't back away from a couple of marginal transfers that he felt were too risky. i.e. he never pulled the trigger on a Luque or Boumsong deal.

When you are 80M in debt, or whatever we are, and your predecessor spend 50M on some dross then you have to be carefull. First you can't flash the cash because you don't have it, and the little you do needs to be well spent.

No offence nufc_4_life, but I find it utterly amazing how managers say things and people buy it so easily, like what they're saying is the easiest thing in the world.

This thread is a good example: http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=35783.0

Says he's modelling himself on Wenger and people think that's a brilliant thing! Well, I'll just model myself on Pele shall I? I'll go down on Monday, get myself a trial and be in the NUFC squad by the Liverpool game. Or Bill Gates, I'll be a billionaire within a year or two, dead easy.

Talk is cheap. He'd have been better off thinking about who he wanted to sign two transfer windows ago.

There. Nothing hard about understanding that surely?