Arcade Fire...

Guest 3-1 NYD

Guest 3-1 NYD

saw them last night @ Porchester Hall in London and it has to be said that they were on FIRE themselves! They did a lot of new stuff which went down well with a few favourites from Funeral thrown in. Whilst the new stuff isn't a million miles away from their earlier stuff, the portents are good for a decent 2nd album. If you get the chance to see them live (they're playing Glasters this year I'm informed :)) take it as you won't regret it.

POWER OUT.

P/S - bumped into Michael Eavis ( with daughter along with Chris Martin & other members of PlayCold) in the pub before the gig. He said that the Stones would'nt be doing the festival this year but that he'd booked Iggy to play ;D

Guest TheDutchman

saw them last night @ Porchester Hall in London and it has to be said that they were on FIRE themselves! They did a lot of new stuff which went down well with a few favourites from Funeral thrown in. Whilst the new stuff isn't a million miles away from their earlier stuff, the portents are good for a decent 2nd album. If you get the chance to see them live (they're playing Glasters this year I'm informed :)) take it as you won't regret it.

POWER OUT.

P/S - bumped into Michael Eavis ( with daughter along with Chris Martin & other members of PlayCold) in the pub before the gig. He said that the Stones would'nt be doing the festival this year but that he'd booked Iggy to play ;D

Cant wait to hear the new album. Funeral is great. Hope the new one is al least equal  O0

Guest Verlaine

I didn't think the new version of No Cars Go was that different from the old. maybe loses a little with the extra polish, too. the album's okay. Funeral set the bar too high, though.

• 6 months later...

Neon Bible is shite, tbh.  Funeral had a few good tunes.

Terribly overrated band, imo.

Hence the Coldplay comment.

All bands have their haters, the most popular bands have the most vehement haters.  And the "overrated" stuff?  I hate that shite.  Should people STOP liking them so their popularity corresponds with their talent?  :rolleyes:

Guest Chris P

love funeral. lush album" older brother bit by a vampire for a year we caught his tears in a cup . Now we're gonna make him drink it . Come on brother don't die and dry up ........... class

Guest Chris P

Neon Bible is s****, tbh.  Funeral had a few good tunes.

Terribly overrated band, imo.

What's an underrated band, then?

are you swedish

• 1 month later...