US sex offender 'posed as pupil'

Nobby

US sex offender 'posed as pupil'

A 29-year-old convicted sex offender has spent four months at a US school after successfully posing as a 12-year-old boy, officials say.

They say Neil Rodreick shaved his body hair, covered his stubble with make-up and took a new name to attend Imagine Charter School in Phoenix, Arizona.

The 173cm (5ft 6in) man was eventually expelled for poor attendance in 2006.

He was arrested after trying to enrol at another school. He has since been charged with forgery and fraud.

Mr Rodreick spent seven years in jail after being convicted of lewdly propositioning a six-year-old boy in 1996.

Mr Rodreick adopted the name Casey Price to attend Imagine Charter School, investigators say.

They say he blended well with the other pupils, many of whom were actually taller and bigger than him.

He attended classes and always handed in his homework on time.

"He absolutely looked age-appropriate," school spokeswoman Rhonda Cagle told the New York Times newspaper.

"By all accounts from the teachers, he was fairly quiet and withdrawn," she said.

Mindy Newlin, parent of one of the pupils at the school, said: "We are just shocked."

Mr Rodreick even convinced two men who had been looking for boys on the internet to pretend to be his relatives.

He was caught earlier in January, after teachers at another school in Arizona - where he had gone for a day - became suspicious.

In all, Mr Rodreick spent nearly two years disguised as a boy.

stolen from catmag on Toontastic

unbelievable really!

Reminds me of an episode of Peep Show which i watched last night where the fat geeky one follows some lass to Uni and pretends to be a student again, its not stalking, honestly.

Seriously though, total danger to society, wants locking up for life.

Saw something (can't remember where or when) about a police setup in the USA, where the police were pretending to be a 12 year old boy, home alone, and looking for a special 'friend' on the internet. These freaks were told to bring drink and condoms if they wanted him, it was disgusting to see how many men turned up, one by one, taking away and arrested.

More experienced nonce's turned up without the condoms or drink and couldn't be done for anything.

But the last one they showed was some guy turning up with his 9 year old son in tow, he came into the house, a policeman approached him and said 'you know what this is, i suggest you take yourself and your son out of here now' The guy said thankyou and he'd never do this again, and hastily left.

The police were in shock and couldn't believe what they just saw, and explained to the camera they weren't prepared to ruin the kids like even though his father was.

Not sure what i would of done, i think i'd have arrested him and made out if was for something else until the kid was out of the way.

Hahaha, I watched that episode too, Toon's Taylor. Love peep show!

Back on topic, it's quite sickening really, turns my stomach. The bloke should be shot.

The teachers want shot, to be fucking honest.  He barely looked TWELVE in his photo, fuck knows how more clearer it was in person. 

I've seen a few interviews on the box with some of the teachers at the school, they were treating it like some celebrity attraction, not one bit of outrage, from what I saw.

The teachers want shot, to be fucking honest.  He barely looked TWELVE in his photo, fuck knows how more clearer it was in person. 

I've seen a few interviews on the box with some of the teachers at the school, they were treating it like some celebrity attraction, not one bit of outrage, from what I saw.

Just seen the pic, fuking arseholes, i'd be surprised if the parents dont sue (being America n all) i think i would.

Hahaha, I watched that episode too, Toon's Taylor. Love peep show!

Back on topic, it's quite sickening really, turns my stomach. The bloke should be shot.

That is only the second episode i've seen, think its brill, even though i'm missing out on most of the plotline from previous.

I've never really got (knew what it meant, just never happened to me) the whole "makes my skin crawl" thing, until I read about this yesterday.  Remarkable story.

Down where i live a convicted pedophile was living in a street with two schools on it!

People thought he was a friendly neighbour (old harmless jolly man) who 'watched' over the kids (as he was always at his curtains looking at the children) and was trusted by everyone who lived round him. Not that he ever did anything, but it only came to light when a minor crime was reported at his address while away on holiday, and if he wasn't burgled, he'd probably still be living there.

This was about 10 years ago, i know things are different now, things have improved dramatically. But to be living across the road from a school for some X amount of years before this was spotted is criminal.