Michael Chopra

Nobby

£4m?! Bloody hell. What next. £6m for Cureton? £3.5m for Rasiak?

Perhaps not as they are older and have proven in the past they are average players, this is Chopra's first full season as a first team player and he has done very well.

Chopra? no thanks...in fact I've said no thanks for years it seems. Hes scoring in the championship, whoop di doo.........I've never been impressed by his general play nevermind his scoring ability.

Like I've said, out of his depth and I don't want him back here ever.

Back in the summer for £5m for our 4th striker.

Not impossible! :)

Manchester City and Everton are vying to sign Cardiff striker Michael Chopra for £4m. (Daily Star)

Complete bollocks.

Chopra isn't good enough for us and our own youngster Vaughan will be a much better player. He's got a quality all round game, Chopra hasn't. The price tag is ridiculous as well. Should be more like £400k. He's just not Prem standard imo and never will be.

Strange thing to say. Would it not be better to hope he becomes a world beater and his love for the club brings him back here at one stage. Note, I´m not saying I think this will happen, just that it´s a strange thing to say you definetely never want to see him here anymore..

Guest Jonny4Toon

Chopra needs more chances to prove himself in the Premiership! If Cardiff go up (unlikely) then it will be mainly down to Chopra's goals this season!!!

Chopra needs more chances to prove himself in the Premiership! If Cardiff go up (unlikely) then it will be mainly down to Chopra's goals this season!!!

If Southampton made it up it would mainly be down to Rasiaks goals.

Guest DarkSchneider

22 goals and 12 assists. I think that this shows that he is not only good at scoring, but has vision as well.

Well, Chopra is included in the PFA Championship team of the year, instead of the much heralded David Nugent.

Not to say I don't rate Nugent, but till now I still can't understand why, in this year, he is ahead of Chopra in whatever pecking order.

Well, Chopra is included in the PFA Championship team of the year, instead of the much heralded David Nugent.

Not to say I don't rate Nugent, but till now I still can't understand why, in this year, he is ahead of Chopra in whatever pecking order.

Berbatov was ahead of Rooney in the PFA Premiership team of the year.

Because Nugent is technically a much more talented and intelligent footballer. He will make it at the top.

Chopra is one of those players that will score goals in the lower leagues but just can't do it in the top flight imo. There's been countless of them over the years.

Chopra is one of those players that will score goals in the lower leagues but just can't do it in the top flight imo. There's been countless of them over the years.

Agree with this. When he played for us, he didn't look strong enough and was easily out-muscled by Premiership centre backs. Defences in the lower divisions are a different proposition.

Your point being? I would have voted for Berbatov instead of Rooney myself.

Rooney has been more productive this season.

Rooney has been more productive this season.

How so (at the point of voting)?

PS Nugent has been Significantly less productive than Chopra this season.

Rooney has been less productive this season than McCarthy but I still know which one I'd sooner have.

Your point being? I would have voted for Berbatov instead of Rooney myself.

I think his point is that Rooney is a far better player than Berbatov and ahead of him in pretty much any pecking order in the world except for this years PFA team of the season. It's a perfectly reasonable and logical comparison to make and I can't believe you need it explaining.

I think his point is that Rooney is a far better player than Berbatov and ahead of him in pretty much any pecking order in the world except for this years PFA team of the season. It's a perfectly reasonable and logical comparison to make and I can't believe you need it explaining.

There are many possible explanations so instead of blind guessing and answering I prefer him to expand his point first.

Taking everything into consideration (age, potential, pedigree, nationality, experience etc) I certainly agree that Rooney would be a better investment than Berbatov thus far. However, this very year in Premiership professional footballers think that Berbatov has outshone Rooney and I agree with them.

According to CHampionship professional footballers' opinions Chopra has outshone Nugent, THIS year, and I agree with them. This is exactly my point, why is Nugent ahead of Chopra in whatever pecking order this very year? It is not that there is only meagre difference between Chopra's productivity and Nugent's productivity. Chopra has been significantly better than Nugent this year, and the footballers certainly agree with me.

There are many possible explanations so instead of blind guessing and answering I prefer him to expand his point first.

Taking everything into consideration (age, potential, pedigree, nationality, experience etc) I certainly agree that Rooney would be a better investment than Berbatov thus far. However, this very year in Premiership professional footballers think that Berbatov has outshone Rooney and I agree with them.

According to CHampionship professional footballers' opinions Chopra has outshone Nugent, THIS year, and I agree with them. This is exactly my point, why is Nugent ahead of Chopra in whatever pecking order this very year? It is not that there is only meagre difference between Chopra's productivity and Nugent's productivity. Chopra has been significantly better than Nugent this year, and the footballers certainly agree with me.

Chopra has looked very out of place in the premiership let alone international football! Do you think Rasiak is better than Nugent? He has scored quite a few more goals. Is Viduka better than Bellamy? He has scored more and got more assists this season...