Gooch

Cajun

Guest Alan_Shearer

He did just fine. Nothing more nothing less, just a dependable defender doing his job. Which is ok no complaints.

I think he played very well, make some decent tackles, commit several minor errors because not yet adapted to the EPL.

A very promising partnership with Taylor, better splash out 1-2m to get him asap.

He did just fine. Nothing more nothing less, just a dependable defender doing his job. Which is ok no complaints.

Yeap, did his job on the day. Him and Taylor should be automatic first choice at centre backs.

He did fine for his first game in the Prem, not to much to do in the 1st half Fulham were not much of a threat, but I think he looks good, calm, good on the ball, nice passing. and if we are lucky he is tearing Carrs head off in the dressing rooma s we speak.

So how did he actually do?

Better than your fucking Bramble!

I'm gonna go back to the "Which contracts you would renew/release?" thread and see who was stupid enough to say that he deserves a new contract.

I'll release him only if we sign some promising CB in the summer.For example Curtis Davies

Otherwise i'll keep him because we have to play Peter Damage and thats even worse...

Looks a solid player, although a fair few defenders have done so for us before turning into utter shiite.

Like Boumsong to begin with

yea but doomsong cost us 8.5 million plus higher wages this is just a loan if he plays his part this season and signs next season it wont be for a massive fee.

no, boumsong was shite against yeading for his first appearance, however gooch had a good game against much stronger opponents. Boumsong never looked good to me he only looked good coz our defence was and always has been shite ever since we lost woodgate i suppose arguably the same can be said for onyewu. however even when boumsong played decent he never looked as calm or collected as onyewu, and the rangers fans that i spoke to when we signed boumsong said he was way overrated and the price we payed for him was ridiculous.

Thought he was average.  Not a terrible debut.  Definitely think the lad is worth the risk.  I want to see his ability to lead and organize the defense.  Since Woody left, we haven't been able to sort it out.  The scousers will be a big test. 

Put a post in the post match section about soccernet.com's faulty post match report stating Gooch should have seen red and not Bumble.