Hello Newcastle Fans

Guest Rafa-dodd

Guest Rafa-dodd

Hi everyone,

My name is Steve Dodd and I am a member of a Liverpool forum called www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk. On our forum we do a article on the opposition called "The Oppo". We like to see other teams views on matters in football, their team and our team and it would be greatly appreciated if you could take some time to answer our questions on your club etc.

I like Newcastle as a club, your fans are passionate, your teams plays exciting football - most of the time and when you had King Kenny, King Kevin and Bobby at the helm, I liked them even more. Souness although a great player is not my cup of tea and I think Roeder is a good manager capable of taking you places if you stick with him. Nice to see Dyer back in action - Ive been to newcastle a few times and I know he is highly rated up there by you lot and Martins has shocked me with how good he is.

Good Luck with the reason of the season and if you have time can you answer the following questions:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slap bang in the middle of the league at 10th, how happy are you with your teams performances so far this year? What are your hopes for the rest of the year?

Michael Owen used to be a hero at Anfield, how do you think he has done so far at Newcastle? Will he ever be the same?

Who has been your best player(s) so far this season?

Emre recently got accused of racist comments by our blue neighbours, your views?

How desperate are you in Geordie land to win a trophy?

Liverpool and Newcastle served up a 4 - 3 cracker in the late nineties twice! What are your memories of the games?

What are your views on the current Liverpool squad? If you could have one player till the end of the season who would it be?

Your views on our manager Rafa Benitez?

Newcastles known for its passionate fans and its fit birds - what can the travelling Liverpool faithful expect of the Newcastle crowd? Noisy bunch etc. Are the girls as dirty as they sound!?!?!

and finally can you predict the score for the newkit forum?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers if you can answer them

And Good Luck

Doddy

Slap bang in the middle of the league at 10th, how happy are you with your teams performances so far this year? What are your hopes for the rest of the year?

Get top 7 and win the Uefa cup

Michael Owen used to be a hero at Anfield, how do you think he has done so far at Newcastle? Will he ever be the same?

He was good the few games he played for us. I think he'll make a comeback, do alright, get injured early next season and retire.

Milner, Martins, Butt and Taylor.

Emre recently got accused of racist comments by our blue neighbours, your views?

Roeder and him claim he only swore in Turkish. When did Yobo learn Turkish?

Not that desperate...we've already got the Intertoto  :cheesy:

Liverpool and Newcastle served up a 4 - 3 cracker in the late nineties twice! What are your memories of the games?

Lots o' goals

What are your views on the current Liverpool squad? If you could have one player till the end of the season who would it be?

Carragher or Xabi Alonso

Needs to stick with one formation, and put Gerrard on the wing. His "favourite position" isnt doing you any good...

Newcastles known for its passionate fans and its fit birds - what can the travelling Liverpool faithful expect of the Newcastle crowd? Noisy bunch etc. Are the girls as dirty as they sound!?!?!

Noisy bunch and dirty girls yes...

1-3 Oba - Kuyt x2 and Bellamy

Guest Geordiesned

Our form has been patchy to say the least this season, from the lows of losing at home to Sheffield United in one of the worst performances at St James' Park for years and the humiliation in the FA Cup against Birmingham to the relative highs of the wins at Blackburn and Spurs (although we could have actually been 4-0 down within 20 minutes in that one!). My hopes for the season seem to change on a weekly basis at the moment. Following a win I start looking up the table at the European places and an all too often abject defeat leaves me looking nervously down. Realistically, we should be trying to push on for a UEFA Cup place but we're that inconsistent that could be out of our reach.

When he's played he's been terrific. But there in lies the problem, we've hardly seen him play! Only time will tell whether or not he'll ever be the same again. He's still young enough for his body to recover but it's very much a case of fingers crossed.

Shay Given (again), James Milner and a shock to every Toon fan Nicky Butt.

If found guilty then it's hard to defend him but the FA have already hinted that there are discrepencies in the statements given by Everton players. It's also ironic that he should be accused of racism at Goodison Park where according to nufc.com (who I have no reason to doubt) sections of the home support spend 90 minutes making monkey noises at Oba Martins!

I don't think desperate is the right word. If anything the majority of people are almost resigned to never seeing the club lift a trophy in our lifetime. Of course we'd like to win something but if we thought about that all the time we'd go mad. Getting European football is the height of most people's ambition with the way the club currently stands.

I was at both games and it has to be said that despite the identical scorelines, the games couldn't have been further apart. The first match was an absolute classic and a defeat that left me gutted being that we were going for the title. We didn't deserve to lose one having played some fantastic football. I can still remember all of our goals clearly from that match including one of the best goals I've ever seen by Asprilla. I'm pretty sure that Robbie Fowler "Toxteth prowler" sames the same in his autobiography.

The 2nd match however, despite our comeback , we definitely did deserve to lose. How we managed to score 3 in that game I'll never know as we were awful throughout. Our league position at he time also meant that it didn't hurt as much as the previous season.

Rafa has built a good squad over the last year or so. Kuyt was an excellent signing and whilst I was surprised at the signings of Crouch, Pennant and Bellamy all have proved good buys. I'm sure how much strength you've got in depth though if injuries strike?

As for taking one player off you, well the obvious one would have to be Gerrard, however, given the alarming number of goals our makeshift defence have gifted the opposition this season I think I'd have to go for Jamie Carragher.

Overall he's doing a good job but every now and again some of his decisions leave me baffled. His team selection for the Carling Cup against Arsenal for instance and his use of substitutes is also sometimes baffling.

I think the crowd will be up for this one. The atmosphere has been poor for some games this season especially when we've fallen behind. The main reason was that we often couldn't see where an equaliser was coming from. However, we've shown over the last few weeks, with the help of a few key players returning from injury, that we can get goals so even if we fall behind I think the crowd will stick with them. I certainly will!

No comment on the Toon's women!  ^-^

These ties are generally hard to predict. We need to bounce back from a shocking performance at Fulham and you'll want to get back to winning ways after sharing the spoils with the Scouse Mackems. I'm going to go for 1-1.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Hi everyone,

My name is Steve Dodd and I am a member of a Liverpool forum called www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk. On our forum we do a article on the opposition called "The Oppo". We like to see other teams views on matters in football, their team and our team and it would be greatly appreciated if you could take some time to answer our questions on your club etc.

I like Newcastle as a club, your fans are passionate, your teams plays exciting football - most of the time and when you had King Kenny, King Kevin and Bobby at the helm, I liked them even more. Souness although a great player is not my cup of tea and I think Roeder is a good manager capable of taking you places if you stick with him. Nice to see Dyer back in action - Ive been to newcastle a few times and I know he is highly rated up there by you lot and Martins has shocked me with how good he is.

Good Luck with the reason of the season and if you have time can you answer the following questions:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite dissatisfied overall. We have had some good performances but they are seldom as a team, I hope we get a top n9 finish

When he's played he's done well, he's jkust not played; it's the same scenario Owen has had before, just a worse injury than he's ever had

Milner, Martins, Given

Absolute bollocks, I believe Everton are fabricating this story knowing full well the sensationalist media will lap it up

Stupid question really, desperate as fuck tbh.

Liverpool r gay

Decent squad without enough quality for a title challenge obviously. If we could have one player I'd take Carragher

Bit of a funny one. Too much rotation and fannying about for my liking, and some of his buys (as with every manager) are questionable.

Nosiy bunch, yes

5-0 Newcastle - Sibierksi, Ramage 4 on his return

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers if you can answer them

And Good Luck

Doddy

Satisfied, considering all the injuries we’ve had and the apparent lack of money that’s been available, i think it’s a solid start. We’re out of the F.A and League Cup, which is disappointing, but in the last 32 of the UEFA and in with a chance of making the top 6… it could be worse. If we can get through to the latter stages of the UEFA and hopefully get back in for next season we couldn’t ask much more coming from a depleted squad which definitely needs defensive reinforcements.

Time will tell… there’s no doubt he’s a proven goalscorer at any level but it remains to be seen if he’ll play enough games to become a success at Newcastle. In the games he’s already played I don’t think there can be any complaints, he scored pretty much in every game including the hat-trick against West Ham. On the injury, it’s difficult to say if he’ll be the same because he’s had so many injuries in his career but there’s no doubt Mr.Steadman is the best man for the job, if anyone can save his career it’s him.

Obviously Obafemi Martins has been a class act for us since he came especially after the criticism he received early on but James Milner is right there up with him, when the games haven’t been going our way he’s the one whos got stuck in and tried to make things happen and him not going to Villa in the summer was massive for us looking back in hindsight. Other mentions such as Kieron Dyer who is finally having a good run without any injuries and not only that scoring a few goals along the way, him and Martins have looked good when played together, Antoine Sibierski, a panic buy many thought including myself has been somewhat of a snip and has scored a few important goals mainly in the UEFA, Nicky Butt’s been much improved, Shay Given and Solano have been consistent as ever but I’d like to see more from our captain Scott Parker.

Only he knows but I’d be extremely disappointed if this was the case, especially taking into account his best mate is supposedly Obafemi Martins, however I’m a bit unsure to whether his disappearance is to do with injury or the racism issue.

Beyond desperate now, but I think first things first and that’s getting the right man and staff around the club in order to try and achieve a trophy, some people have different opinions on Glenn Roeder but I think we should stick with the guy because so far in my opinion he’s done a good job not helped by the fact our chairman is Freddy Shepherd. We don’t seem to be getting any closer to one but with time I’d like to think one isn’t too far away.

I wasn’t so old at the time, maybe 11 or something but I definitely remember it, it was devastating and ultimately the time when the fans realised the title was slipping away… the commentary still sticks with me “Barnes..Rush..Collymore closing in” and then the year after I believe Fowler killed us with a late header which is typical Newcastle I guess, I’ll be hoping for a better result when this game comes round.

I think you can’t look any further than Steven Gerrard, the lads a class act, he’s got everything from tackling to scoring goals and the commitment and drive is something special. Other players would be Jamie Carragher who would be a massive asset to any club but with our defence,he’d be a gem.

Love him or hate him you won the Champions League under him which the fans should never forget, winning the Champions League is special at any club and to do it so early in his tenure it was brilliant for Liverpool. I felt this season Liverpool would be much closer to the top but it hasn’t happened for whatever reason, tinkering with players is the common suggestion but I believe this is the guy you should go with if your ambitions are to win the league considering he’s already won the La Liga with Valencia using the same strategies.

Your asking the wrong person as I rarely manage to get down to games due to the location I’m in. Looking at this season’s attendances and the comments some people have made the crowd don’t seem to be as loud as previous years under Sir Bob, I think the Souness era knocked the stuffing out of the atmospehere and with Roeder not been the biggest footballing name it doesn’t seem the same, however the team is the reason for giving the fans something to shout about and with luck they can do that against your lot.

I think it’ll be tight as Liverpool are unpredictable at times, especially away from home and I believe we’ll take a point from this seen as we’re at home, 1-1.

Guest Rafa-dodd

To be honest, I've heard all these jokes before so I would appreciate it if you just stuck to answering the questions.

To be honest, I've heard all these jokes before so I would appreciate it if you just stuck to answering the questions.

Still funny though :lol:

I'm fairly disappointed, though I shouldn't be. I hope that we can advance to 6th or 7th, though its most likely that we'll finish

He's done well the few times he's played. I reckon him and Martins could be one of the most dangerous partnerships in the league if we can sort out or midfield

Martins. If you want to be certain not to concede, you better break his legs or something.

I really hope it's not true, he's a very important player for us. Can see it being true though, he's got a bit of a temper

Don't know, tbh

None, was too young to remember

Very good squad with good depth. I'd love to see Gerrard in black and white, his passing and vision would give Martins and Owen plenty more chances.

Certainly better than Roeder, that's for sure. Has made some very good buys.

No idea, don't live there :lol:

2-2 (being very optimistic). Martins x2, Kuyt and Crouch for you.

Guest kebabstylee

Calm down, calm down!

Not very happy, but I didn't have high expectations. At the start of the season I said I thought we'd finish 11th. I still think that's about where we'll probably end up. It's not wildly unrealistic to hope that we'll get a UEFA place, though.

Did great when he actually played. I still wish we'd seen more of a Shearer-Owen partnership; they obviously enjoyed playing together and there was something infectious about that. Owen probably won't ever be the quite same again -- Shearer wasn't, after the injuries he got shortly after joining us -- but you never know. I certainly don't think his career is over yet, and he's certainly intelligent and commited enough to change his game, if that's necessary.

Martins, Dyer, Milner, Butt and, as usual, Given.

I don't have any.

Not at all desperate, personally.

Feeling gutted.

Gerrard, probably.

Good manager, obviously. A bit boring, media-wise, although I suppose that's no bad thing.

No.

Unhappy. Top 6, but reallistically top 10.

He has done nothing. Excellent player he is, we were wrong to purchase him.

Nobby Solano, James Milner

If he is proven to be a racist I want him out of the club. But I strongly doubt that he is really a racist.

Extremely desperate

Howay Everton

Liverpool have the most complete squad in the premiership. They should be challenging for the title if their early form wasn't so poor for their standard. I would take John Arne Riise off your hand as he would Carr/Babayaro are absolute liability.

Intelligent, tactically astute, observant, excellent manager. The absolutely right manager if your club are planning for long term future. Wish he is in my club instead.

Even dirtier :lol:

1-0 to Newcastle United