Whats the problem with NUFC

Guest andynufc84

Guest andynufc84

The problem as I see it is that there is simply no continuity in our team. Solano has been excellent at right back this season, the performance that sticks in my mind is new years day v Man U, he upset Ronaldo that day!

Yet as soon as carr is fit he walks back straight into the team, its quite unbelievable. He is useless in the air, useless on the deck, he's overweight, he's slow, he is simply rubbish - yet he STILL gets in out team.

I don't blame carr, I blame the management for picking him, I don't have anything personally against the lad but he should be nowhere near this football club in any capacity. Roeders back four choice yesterday was nothing short of a disgrace. All he wanted to do was accomodate Taylor, Gooch and Bramble- then he makes the simply bizzare decision to play Taylor at RB and carr at LB, it is simply mind boggling that solano was left out that team.

Then I think of David Edgar, for me he has looked the best young defender at the club in years, he looks comfortable on the ball, he seems to know when to pass it and when to get rid and his awareness and posistioning looks spot on. Yet he is nowhere near the first team now. WHY????

Huntington has been struggling of late at left back, the lad is a centre half simple as that. Taylor looks a good prospect but sometimes he looks like a bull in a china shop, but I do still think he has a future at the club. As for Bramble I think he will always be error prone and make mistakes, he is a liability and should be let go in the summer.

You can blame injuries for the fact we have had 23 different combinations in our back four, that is no good for any football team let alone a team in the premiership. But yesterday I got the impression that Roeder wasn't strong enough to drop carr and bramble when they are both blatently not good enough. Every single NUFC supporter can see it, journalists can see it, everybody else can see it, so why can't Mr Roeder?

I still back Glenn to get it right but after yesterday surely he will begin to agree with what our supporters have been saying for months.

The problem as I see it is that there is simply no continuity in our team. Solano has been excellent at right back this season, the performance that sticks in my mind is new years day v Man U, he upset Ronaldo that day!

Yet as soon as carr is fit he walks back straight into the team, its quite unbelievable. He is useless in the air, useless on the deck, he's overweight, he's slow, he is simply rubbish - yet he STILL gets in out team.

I don't blame carr, I blame the management for picking him, I don't have anything personally against the lad but he should be nowhere near this football club in any capacity. Roeders back four choice yesterday was nothing short of a disgrace. All he wanted to do was accomodate Taylor, Gooch and Bramble- then he makes the simply bizzare decision to play Taylor at RB and carr at LB, it is simply mind boggling that solano was left out that team.

Then I think of David Edgar, for me he has looked the best young defender at the club in years, he looks comfortable on the ball, he seems to know when to pass it and when to get rid and his awareness and posistioning looks spot on. Yet he is nowhere near the first team now. WHY????

Huntington has been struggling of late at left back, the lad is a centre half simple as that. Taylor looks a good prospect but sometimes he looks like a bull in a china shop, but I do still think he has a future at the club. As for Bramble I think he will always be error prone and make mistakes, he is a liability and should be let go in the summer.

You can blame injuries for the fact we have had 23 different combinations in our back four, that is no good for any football team let alone a team in the premiership. But yesterday I got the impression that Roeder wasn't strong enough to drop carr and bramble when they are both blatently not good enough. Every single NUFC supporter can see it, journalists can see it, everybody else can see it, so why can't Mr Roeder?

I still back Glenn to get it right but after yesterday surely he will begin to agree with what our supporters have been saying for months.

This is what's wrong with the club...Too many people accept mediocrity.

But Carr played at lefyt back yesterday and Taylor took his place. Carr has played right back only once upon return and that was to cover Nobby's suspension.

Unless Nobby is carrying an injury that Roeder thought wouldn't take 90 minutes then there was no reason but pure bad management why Nobby never started yesterday.

I have no faith in Roeder what so ever!, the only time he seems to get it right is when we have a lot of injuries and then the team picks itself, other wise the man is clueless it's okay for him to say everyone was to blame for yesterdays debacle, I hope he put himself on top of the list for his team selection to start with never alone his tactics.

i think we have went from one extreme to another, when GS was in charge he bullish got rid of the "rot" and then filled it with the talent he felt the club deserved and 99.9% of the time the guy was plain wrong. FFS really wanted to make the fans happy on making quite a few hiccups and he descided the best was was to throw money at it.

It is pritty much the opposite now we have no money we have been touted for a take over a few times and he has become restless he doesnt want to make the same mistake and bank on bankrupcy aka leeds to get where he feels we should never have moved away from. So in some respects roeder is in the shit, he doesnt have a lavish transfer budget and he doesnt want to waste the clubs small pot, so he went out in jan with no cash and lied or was lied too, the youngen's have done the club and themselves proud by comming in and doing a job, ok they dont have the flair and skill as some but we have never had a solid defence and two or three of these lads edgar, huntington and taylor really could have a long term future being young and egar they have probably saved the culb from buying another two or three boumsongs and getting us no further forward. Now injuries are all gone we should now be working really hard to fine "the back four" there are alot of different combinations but now we are out of two cups and gooch is cup tied in the uefa why dont we stick to a league side and dont ship out unless injured.

In my opinion it should be solano- taylor-gooch-edgar  two youngens and two more experienced players makes a balance and then once we play in the uefa drop gooch for bramble or moore i dont know why he wants to stay playing while we are still fighting not to be dragged back into the bottom third of the table.

I have no faith in Roeder what so ever!, the only time he seems to get it right is when we have a lot of injuries and then the team picks itself, other wise the man is clueless it's okay for him to say everyone was to blame for yesterdays debacle, I hope he put himself on top of the list for his team selection to start with never alone his tactics.

I've been saying that for months, the man has got no bollocks when it comes to playing certain players, we do better when he's got no decisions to make.

Roeder made some mistakes yesterday with his selection. He is going for experience when he picks Carr. I agree with what you say about Edgar, he looks very good, better than Huntingdon and it was also worrying that he picked Pattison ahead of O'Brien as well.

He's doing OK overall, and he's going to be here for a bit longer yet, so must learn from his mistakes.

The picking of Parker and Butt is another area where he has to choose, and for me it is Butt every time.

Guest Hibbits left foot

In my opinion it should be solano- taylor-gooch-edgar  two youngens and two more experienced players makes a balance and then once we play in the uefa drop gooch for bramble or moore i dont know why he wants to stay playing while we are still fighting not to be dragged back into the bottom third of the table.

Quite agree, the scary thing about yesterday was that instead of playing Gooch/Taylor in central defence , he put Titus in - does this mean Titus has a long term future here?I hope not, likewise playing Carr ahead of Edgar is just stupid beyond belief...

Quite agree, the scary thing about yesterday was that instead of playing Gooch/Taylor in central defence , he put Titus in - does this mean Titus has a long term future here?I hope not, likewise playing Carr ahead of Edgar is just stupid beyond belief...

I think you have just answered your own question  as roeder is stupid beyond belief ,throws any chance of getting a settled back four with nobby, taylor, gooch and edgar or hunty and what does he do plays the chuckle brothers and we looked a right mess.

Guest Knightrider

"What's the problem with NUFC"?!

On the pitch:

No tactics

Little quality

No depth/options

Too many wasters

Off the pitch:

Too many injured players occupying the treatment room

Weak scouts

Weak match preparation

Not enough qualified or experienced backroom staff