Robert is playing

ATB

Laurent, Laurent Robeerrrrrt!!!!!!  :angel13: :toothy:

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2005/07/06/gallery6.jpg

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2005/07/06/gallery14.jpg

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2005/07/06/gallery10.jpg

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2005/07/06/gallery2.jpg

Robert is an exact replica of Luque...

One of the daftest comments I've seen.

Aye baffled me aswell! Robert was lazy, and under Souness was shite, but for 2-3 seasons under Robson his goal/assists were great.

Kaka?

Gerrard?

That's just off the top of my head.

Against the Toon maybe, but now FOR the Toon.

Ginola. Not sure about the stats but a MUCH better player. Fact.

Ginola was better to watch, but Robert was more effective.

Robert scored 32 times in 155 starts, Ginola 7 times in 70 starts.

Kaka?

Gerrard?

It's not just how many he scored, he created a load as well. Ginola was class as well, mind. I'd take either on the left right now.

Kaka?

Gerrard?

It's not just how many he scored, he created a load as well. Ginola was class as well, mind. I'd take either on the left right now.

I wouldn't have Robert - even now. He was a lazy, mouthy twat and he thought he was far better than he was.

Given a choice, I take Ginola over him every day of the week. A far better player to watch.

Guest Bellers

Sorry I should of elaborated. It's obvious to anyone with half a brain Robert was far more successful, but he was playing a far more successful side. If you analyse the two as individuals they're fairly similar.

First of all look at their physical attributes: powerful left foot, no pace, bucket fulls of technical ability, etc...

The difference in success is simply a sign of the times, both players are luxary players if you like, they're both particulaly tempromental. Under Bobby Robson we were playing good stuff, the team didn't require Robert to put a lot of effort in, he could do his own thing and express himself. Under Roeder we're often on the back foot and we require the midfield to come back and help the defence, Luque isn't allowed to express himself as Robert was.

If Luque played in the Robson era there is no doubt he would have had more success and if Robert had played in the Souness/ Roeder era he would have had significantly less sucess. They're not as different as their record's suggest...

Guest Knightrider

Robert is an exact replica of Luque...

Name me a better midfielder in the last 25 years.

Goals scored.

Goals made.

Better players who scored and created goals for NUFC:

Rob Lee

Gavin Peacock

Scott Sellars

Nobby Solano

Peter Beardsley (played in midfield under KK)

BTW Robert was a decent player for us overall but lets not get too carried away, his time at Newcastle can be put down to frist 6 months at the club = great, second half of that first season, hit and miss. Same the second season, but the otherway around. Third season, average, went right off the boil. Final season, an 8 week spell under Souness was him arguably at his best, inbetween poor in the main. Overall = good player who can be credited with helping the club become a force again, if only for a short while, a bit like his form, great for a short while, all downhill thereafter. In the end he was 30 and time for him to move on, him doing zero since is the biggest indicator that he had ran his course at NUFC, regardless of Souness.