Sunday League Football

Slim

Guest Kenton Magpie

Go out on the lash the night before, wake up the next morning believing you are ready to sweat your bollocks off and be kicked to death by fellow drunks nursing hangovers on the opposite side and there you have it!

I hate it, been only 17 i play for my mates Dads team when their short and the referees give you no protection whatsoever, that's why i'd never leave my local academy side.

most refs in sunday league are twats that were picked on when they were younger and want their little bit of power!

I hate it, been only 17 i play for my mates Dads team when their short and the referees give you no protection whatsoever, that's why i'd never leave my local academy side.

most refs in sunday league are twats that were picked on when they were younger and want their little bit of power!

Can't wait until Mosley sees this one. :lol:

:knuppel2:

I enjoy playing Sunday League, I play in the Blyth and Wansbeck League, for Rockliffe Arms in Whitley, which no-one seems to have heard of, or know where it is. There's only one or two teams that are rough, the Premier League is a canny standard, we're in division 1 currently but should win the title this season, definitely get promoted anyway.

Play our home matches at Foxhunters playing fields and i've seen Mr Mosely in action a couple of times.

I play 5-a-side quite a bit aswell, don't see why it should be a choiec between the two.

Aye it's hardly ideal like, we were just desperate for a pitch, played at The Links in Cullercoats last season, but our seceratary at the time didn't renew the pitch for this season. We were a few days away from folding when we found a pitch somewhere in Blyth which was shite, we weren't there for long like, before eventually got Foxhunters.

Guest nufc_geordie

Sunday league football isn't that bad. Anyone wishing to play at a decent level should play in the Amateur Leagues on a Saturday, Tyneside Amateur League, Northern Alliance or Northern Leagues. If you are any good you will progress up the ladder into better teams.

Sunday mornings are mainly teams of mates who have had a good sup the night before. People want to win but it is more of a laugh with the lads. I play in the North East Sunday League in the E Division, not great but its a game of football. The Tyneside Sunday League is a pretty decent league but Sundays aren't really for showcasing how good you are, they are for having a laugh.

MOST referees!!! lol

MOST referees!!! lol

I'm still young.  I still get picked on.  I can live with it.

Guest Jangles

Well im 20 used to play loads 11 a side when i was a kid and am missing it a bit.  Any alternatives to playing sunday league but getting to play 11 a side and not get destroyed.

Sunday afternoon league, less cloggers than other leagues Ive played in

http://www.nifc.org.uk/