Converting avi to vcd (for free)

Guest Redcar Mag

Guest Redcar Mag

I've downloaded the first series of Peep Show (cheers No Quarter  bluewink.gif) in avi format. I'm after something free to convert it into vcd to stick on a cd-r and play on the dvd player.

Something similar to cucusoft would be ideal (tried the trial version, seemed to work really well) but I'm not keen on paying £20 for something I'll probably never use again.

Any suggestions?

I was a bit disappointed to read Dvdshrink isn't supported any more. It was a really good ripper.

Apparently the new kid on the block is Anydvd, i've not tried it yet but a lot of forums are suggesting to use this now rather than Dvdshrink.

I was a bit disappointed to read Dvdshrink isn't supported any more. It was a really good ripper.

Apparently the new kid on the block is Anydvd, i've not tried it yet but a lot of forums are suggesting to use this now rather than Dvdshrink.

I'll check it out.

Do you know if it's significantly better than DVD Shrink?

If it's not I'll probably stick with what I know.

It'll probably be just more of the same Indigo.

The problems for Dvdshrink will start when new macros come out for protection that it doesn't support

I suppose it will be ok for now but you will have to change eventually

It'll probably be just more of the same Indigo.

The problems for Dvdshrink will start when new macros come out for protection that it doesn't support

I suppose it will be ok for now but you will have to change eventually

Good point.