ONLY LOVE CAN BREAK YOUR HEART - true faith

Mick

I haven't seen this posted anywhere on here.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/html/tbawe.htm

The January transfer came and went and following four weeks of inactivity, bar the signing of an American defender on loan from the less than demanding Belgian league with zero Premiership experience and its closure was immediately followed from some absolute nonsense from both Roeder and Shepherd.

Roeder's comments on transfers is becoming embarrassing. Two days before the end of the summer window he told the press he expected to make three signings that would delight the fans. We signed Rossi (on loan from Man Utd), Sibierski from Man City Reserves and Olivier Bernard from the scrapheap. In the intervening months we've heard s**** from the club regarding transfer targets and how anxious the manager was to sign players up for the club. And absolutely nothing has happened. Now we are hearing Shepherd talk absolute shiter about how money was available for Roeder to sign the players he wanted (Neill, Warnock and Upsom all left their clubs for new ones) a week after he alleged Sir John's attempted sale of his NUFC shareholding was holding the club back in the transfer market. Make your f****** mind up, Freddie!

Now we're hearing Roeder saying he is happy with his squad and trying to kid us on he's happy with the way the transfer window went and he's keeping his powder dry for the summer.

Who the f*** do they think they are kidding?

The club is an utter shambles. We have no LB worthy of the description at the club, no cover for Martins (the club is attempting to spin some s**** about Owen being fit before the end of the season but isn't even saying what month - not February, not March, not April - oh, we might see him wave to the crowd on the last day of the season). Luque is still at the club and picking up a massive wedge for absolutely no purpose whatsoever. It is the worst possible scenario and the amount of bullshit Shepherd and Roeder are attempting to pass off on us is an insult to our intelligence.

Roeder, overall shouldn't be in the job. He's bumbled along but .... That he is in the job is testimony to the appalling state the club has been left in by Souness and the unattractive proposition we were to proper managers, namely O'Neill. On his appointment many of us speculated whether he would be weak in his dealings with Shepherd and if he would turn out to be a Yes Man. He is not doing his reputation any good if he talks s**** to the press about the personnel in the squad and pretends he's got everything under control and its all going to plan because it plainly isn't. We know he hasn't. Its screamingly f****** obvious he hasn't.

The performance at Fulham was absolutely abysmal. The lack of proper full-backs, once again cruelly exposed by an average side. So far this season we have played Edgar, Huntingdon, Taylor, Souness  :cheesy: and Ramage out of position in the full back berths. Its an absolute joke we have no cover in those positions. May I remind you all, we let a perfectly decent player, committed club-man and sound 100%er, Aaron Hughes leave fior a paltry £1m 18 months ago. What a f****** joke. How much the club could have done with Hughes this season. This is the squad Roeder is happy with?

Up top we have one fit striker on our books and are flying by the seat of our pants. This is the squad Roeder is happy with?

Roeder made some big mistakes on Saturday at Fulham. I'm not sure in what world Steven Carr is a better choice for the team than Nobby Solano. We were sorely lacking in a creative sense and with Emre "injured" we desperately needed someone who could play a decent ball in. Why couldn't we have tried something different on Saturday? Perhaps played three at the back with Bramble-Taylor and Onyewu playing behind Dyer-Parker-Butt-Milner-Solano. Having Butt and Parker take up defensive duties and allow Dyer, Milner and Solano bomb on. That formation handed the initiative to a piss poor Fulham team. Instead playing Taylor at RB and the woeful Steven Carr at LB simply to preserve 4-4-2 when we don't have the personnel for it. Damien Duff simply isn't doing enough to be in the side and its to be hoped his lack of impact isn't the indication of someone who has come to SJP with his ambition satisfied at Chelsea and up for a jolly-up at our expense. He simply doesn't look sharp enough. Rushed back from injury? Well, this is Newcastle United after all, the club that didn't operate on Steven Taylor's shoulder for 4 months last season.

There is revolution in the air and the club's conduct these last few years has made supporters cynical. The level of mistrust between those in the SJP stands and the blurts in the boardroom is not repeated at any other club in the Premiership. We are a club divided. There is a chasm between the supporters and the Shepherd-Hall bloc that run the club.

The powers that be at NUFC should brace themselves for a major hit in season ticket renewals in the summer. Three seasons of f*** ups have taken their toll and there are absolutely no signs whatsoever the club learns any lessons at all.

Shepherd Out, Hall Out!

Keep On, Keepin' On ...

Guest Knightrider

They are spot on in many ways but do they ever get bored of bleating on, worse than the scousers for their moaning. Mind I can talk, when I get ganning like :D

They are spot on in many ways but do they ever get bored of bleating on, worse than the scousers for their moaning. Mind I can talk, when I get ganning like :D

yea i agree, everything that they say is spot on but there isnt any supporters that dont know it anyway. Seems like a bit of a waste of an article

The return of Zico Hughes, was and still is s****.

I and every Villa fan i know would happily carry him back to Newcastle if it would stop him ever playing for us again. This must surely be a case of rose tinted spectacles now he has gone.

They are spot on in many ways but do they ever get bored of bleating on, worse than the scousers for their moaning . Mind I can talk, when I get ganning like :D

yea i agree, everything that they say is spot on but there isnt any supporters that dont know it anyway. Seems like a bit of a waste of an article

true, which is why I've stopped buying it

Guest Knightrider

They are spot on in many ways but do they ever get bored of bleating on, worse than the scousers for their moaning . Mind I can talk, when I get ganning like :D

It hasn't been decent for a good while now, shame as it was always a top read, same with the Mag as well, maybe its just I can't be arsed with NUFC outside of the match and here so much that puts me off, saturation and all that, or maybe they really have lost something.  I have a few dated fanzines, and they were much wittier, much more digestible than modern fanzines. I think the net has had an effect, and fanzines try too hard these days to engage debate which is impossible to do via a monthly magazine format. Hats off to them for carrying on though.

It hasn't been decent for a good while now, shame as it was always a top read, same with the Mag as well, maybe its just I can't be arsed with NUFC outside of the match and here so much that puts me off, saturation and all that, or maybe they really have lost something.  I have a few dated fanzines, and they were much wittier, much more digestible than modern fanzines. I think the net has had an effect, and fanzines try too hard these days to engage debate which is impossible to do via a monthly magazine format. Hats off to them for carrying on though.

the Mag is still quite good sometimes

Guest Knightrider

Hooooooooooooo!!!!

Here's my waffle from Satda if anyone is interested;

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/html/Matches/Reports/ReportFulham_a.htm

That's more like it, your match reports are always a good read Paully, keep on keeping on in that regard as they say. Some of the stuf you come out with, genuinely funny as fuck mate  :thup:

NE5, is Billy Furious still writing for the Mag? He's always a good read.

Hooooooooooooo!!!!

That's more like it, your match reports are always a good read Paully, keep on keeping on in that regard as they say. Some of the stuf you come out with, genuinely funny as f*** mate  :thup:

Cheers matey!

Yep, Mr Furious is with The Mag and I love his article! T'is a great read!

I still think true faith is a good read but I'm bias as I write jibberish for them :-)

That report is brilliant Paully - "A hoof in the plums would be my resort". Quality stuff mate. :lol:

I used to buy both tf and the Mag, but I never bother now. I find that whichever way the result goes, they're out-of-date by the time you sit down and read them.

Guest Sniffer

So is it time to break off the love affair?

The only thing that can hurt them is by not selling season tickets in the summer so that they get the message enough is enough. Maybe it is time for a showdown.

That report is brilliant Paully - "A hoof in the plums would be my resort". Quality stuff mate. :lol:

I used to buy both tf and the Mag, but I never bother now. I find that whichever way the result goes, they're out-of-date by the time you sit down and read them.

Cheers matey; I'm glad there are poeple out there on a similar wavelength / planet as me!

Hooooooooooooo!!!!

That's more like it, your match reports are always a good read Paully, keep on keeping on in that regard as they say. Some of the stuf you come out with, genuinely funny as f*** mate  :thup:

oh aye. His book is very good too.

Paully - your articles are good mate !!!