Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

You what mate?

I go on about referee’s on here but I say the standard of them is poor in general, and I have said that long before VAR came along. I firmly believe VAR isn’t a problem, it’s the referee’s (including those in charge of VAR) which is the problem. If you go back to before VAR everyone thought VAR would prevent all these band decisions, and it hasn’t. It shows the problem lies with the officials.

For the record even though I have social media accounts, I rarely post about football on it, in fact I rarely make posts. I also hope you are distancing me from those ‘You’ll do for me Bonny lad’ posts.

I was just referencing your almost weekly “the referee robbed us” posts in the matchday chat :lol: 

Usually the decision is so obviously not an issue too.

On 08/05/2021 at 23:50, Optimistic Nut said:

Stamford Bridge too. :lol:

Last goal of the Dalglish era.

Seem to also remember him scoring for Sweden against England while a Newcastle player in a defeat to them under Keegan? Might have just been after. 

EDIT: He was still here but it was Hoddle. This just about sums him up.

Alan Shearer fired Glenn Hoddle's side into an ideal start after just 74 seconds - but two blunders in a two-minute period in the first half handed the initiative to the impressive Swedes.

First David Seaman did well to parry Stefan Schwarz's swerving 30th minute free-kick - but no one in the England defence picked up Andreas Andersson for the rebound, and his tame shot looped off Tony Adams into the net.

Was great in Logan's Run.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It’s really my own problem, but I will never for the life of me get the FC, CF, OSC, SS, AS, etc. club titles correctly. If I need to google a foreign club, it’ll always be “*insert club here* FC” :lol:

• 1 month later...

People who do teams upside down with the goalkeeper at the top, the striker in goal, the left-sided players on the right and the right-sided players on the left.

Clear sign of being an absolute psychopath if you do that.

Just now, Chris_R said:

People who do teams upside down with the goalkeeper at the top, the striker in goal, the left-sided players on the right and the right-sided players on the left.

Clear sign of being an absolute psychopath if you do that.

Goalkeepers are always at the top of my imaginary line ups like.

Weird sentence.

An oldie but a goodie: e.g "your shelveys and your almirons."

Another. "Week in week out". "He's a top top player". I mean why the extra "top"?

Cockneys pronouncing football as futbul. "He's a great futbuller!"

The amount of yards gained when taking throw ins. Such as those that go out by the corner flag and the player than takes it level with the 6 yard box.

Secondly, when players flop to the floor after being sneezed on when defending and running backwards towards their own goal line.

Thirdly, thick as fuck players who lay a finger on the aforementioned players and allow them to flop to the floor.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

2 hours ago, STM said:

An oldie but a goodie: e.g "your shelveys and your almirons."

Another. "Week in week out". "He's a top top player". I mean why the extra "top"?

Cockneys pronouncing football as futbul. "He's a great futbuller!"

Geordies calling anyone with a southeastern accent a cockney ;)

Edited by St. Maximin

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Short corners. 9/10 seem to end up with possession lost or a crap play back to the keeper.

Hate them too. Imagine bring your 6 foot plus Centerbacks  up all the way up the other end of the pitch and then knock it around the corner flag and not even put a ball in. Now they gotta run back 80 yards and get into position. 

You won't see them taking short corners a goal down in the 90th minute, Complete football arrogance. Got no proof but I feel like most World Cup goals come from set pieces. 

Edited by Astroblack

That some people seem to condescendingly think that being a PFM automatically means that's a bad thing. It doesn't, it just means that if they're also a shit manager they'll tend to get excused. It's really come around to being used so often now that it just comes across as snootiness.

Guest carpetman1
On 07/11/2021 at 21:51, Fantail Breeze said:

The amount of yards gained when taking throw ins. Such as those that go out by the corner flag and the player than takes it level with the 6 yard box.

Secondly, when players flop to the floor after being sneezed on when defending and running backwards towards their own goal line.

Thirdly, thick as fuck players who lay a finger on the aforementioned players and allow them to flop to the floor.

The technology is there for led’s to be embedded in the pitch to indicate the position of the ball to prevent throw-in or free kick creep. After all, we have the bloody illuminated signage all around the touch line.